What was she thinking?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dgRxpx6XY
youtube.com/watch?v=E8DIZw7mSLo
roughtrade.com/gb/music/bjork
lmgtfy.com/?q=golden spiral
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

HONK HONK

Pro tip: All her album covers except Debut are shit.

What's it like to be a retard?

Her first 3 are all objectively great
The rest are just averag
This is beyond shit

it's almost like your waifu is 50+ at this point

>look at the top of her head
>look at her lips

>Utopia's getting released on Nov. 24

BUT I HAVEN'T EVEN FINISHED VULNICURA OR BIOPHILIA YET

DAMNIT WOMAN STOP BEING A CREATIVE VISIONARY SO I CAN BETTER ENJOY YOUR WORK

I miss Mark Bell

Really hope she works with Guy Sigsworth again for her next album. Although he's probably not as good as he used to be now anyway

Probably that if she puts a vag in her head that everyone will meme the cover
Seems to be working

That's not an argument
You can have something controversial and still be good. This is just typical Jesse Kanda shit. Theres literally nothing unique or foward thimking about this cover but all the brain dead björk autists on Twitter and stuff are literally treating it as of its some kind of revolutionary opus

arca was a mistake

she tried and do a homogenic but failed miserably

this is rude, i like the cover. i'm sure she likes it, too.

Looking at this cover is honestly making me uneasy. The holes on her neck, the dark alien eyes, the sickly looking greenish skin, the hideous hair that looks like a fur, that dead fetus on her, I could go on. If she was looking for some sort of a horror image then this is spot on but otherwise the cover is tasteless and just really ugly.

just gonna use this t b h

love this song
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7dgRxpx6XY

fixed it

i hope she puts that flute in my ass, that's all im saying.

grim hair

Post is objectively the best of her album covers.

youtube.com/watch?v=E8DIZw7mSLo

Jesse Kanda is a mistake. His work sucks.

this is the most butters album cover. sticks out like a sore thumb in her discog too

it's pretty hot, like that female gremlin at the end of Grelmins 2

by doing nothing?

it's actually a good cover: she looks like a coral/jellyfish alien made of porcelain and fur, and it describes accurately her otherworldly feminine music
also, the pearls on her face might also be a nod to the fashion trend popular in drag queens (pic related)

She looks like a clown. Her worst cover desu

are you retarded?

Bjork a shit

you're back

now I get it.
her moth is the asshole!

The bird is qt atleast

>her moth is the asshole!
I M A G I N E

I hardly ever use alternative covers but I might use this, from a recent photoshoot, in fact all the photos from her new photoshoots would make a better cover.

Might as well post this, some new info

>Utopia is the ninth studio album from the iconic Bjork via One Little Indian Records. It's an album about love, set in a world that is living in politically uncertain times. The new album is another classic from the good lady and her current crew of music makers. It takes in everything from piano and strings to drum machines, beats, bleeps, harps, flutes and samples. The perfect example of how future music can be made by always pushing the boundaries but never forgetting the song. It's another organic and mesmerizing album that unfolds with repeated plays. Simply outstanding - Bjork always is.

roughtrade.com/gb/music/bjork

Why didn't she just call the album Vulva instead of Utopia?

fan versions are superior

Oh that’s good.

>being this afraid of a vagina

several of her album covers are ugly, this should be nothing new to bjork fans

I like the limited edition Vulnicura cover which has the vagina on. It’s the hair and makeup which I don’t really like.

That reminds me, we’re getting a deluxe version of Utopia which will probably have a different cover.

It's not the vagina, I could care less, it's just that the cover looks absolutely hideous and almost every alternative so far is better in every way.

>it's not the vagina but
sure

it's kinda shocking
that's the point
you fucking posers

This

Why does she have to put her face on every fucking cover?

she's clearly a super narcissist

no judgment tho i am too

Because they are her albums?

nothing says artistry like the classic 'photo of the bandmates' coverart every single time, right?

The single wasn't anything special either, sounded like a bland b side off vulcinura. I'm sick of arca's production especially since it's just him and not haxan cloak.

This one just screams Vespertine 2.0

It's so much better though.

Because the music is about her.

art pop/pop art
the image is one with the music and the idea of the artist

Fucking horrible cover, she looks like Loredana Bertè in one of her hideous costume.

>image composition is off-center from a golden spiral
If you're trying to illustrate why this cover looks awful you're succeeding desu

It didn't sound like anything off of Vulnicura and Haxan Cloak's only non-mixing contribution to that album was creating 1 beat for the first half of Family.

>golden spiral
>in 2017

Yes. Vagina art CAN be tastefully done (see pic related.) EVERYTHING about this cover is just painfully overdone cringe.

honestly the part that evokes a vagina is the best looking part of the cover, it's everything else that makes it bad

Here you go
lmgtfy.com/?q=golden spiral

Yeah, imo the absolute worst thing about it is the clashing color pallate. If you look at close-ups of the detail work on the forehead it's actually pretty cool looking. The main problem here is how over-the-top ugly the whole thing is when viewed all together.

>Implying "Post" is bad

piss off grimes

It takes like an hour to finish an album m8...

That CD art is so dope. Are preorder vinyl’s getting anything special?

great

>I could care less

sounds like one of her most ambitious projects. shame this ambition is wasted on shitty collaborators like arca

Anyone ever played Twisted Metal?

these are great

even pic related is better, i think it's mainly the hair that's the issue for me personally

Wow, people really won't shut up about this.

Bjork is smart as fuck. She gets people worked up over an album cover.

>Bjork is smart as fuck. She gets people worked up over an album cover.
that's really not a difficult thing to achieve

>bjork haters are grimesfag
HA
I'm not really surprised: get back to your contentment threads & keep wanking to your hairy, smelly goblin

Well, I have not seen this much discussion about an album cover in years. There have been over 500 posts on Sup Forums about it since yesterday

I would say it's pretty hard to achieve. People are used to weird shit so the fact that she was able to come up with something weirder than expected and revolt people is impressive. I mean she's Bjork, she's been using crazy outfits since the 80s

exactly
>make a shit cover
>people complain
not exactly rocket science

>People are used to weird shit so the fact that she was able to come up with something weirder than expected and revolt people is impressive.
People are used to Bjork covers being conventionally pretty, actually. Which is why one that's more ugly-cute and garish comes as such a shock.

Homogenic, Volta, Biophilia and Vulnicura are not conventionally pretty at all

honestly this. i don't know how to feel about the cover, hoping it will grow on me but if it doesn't, no big deal i'll just use one of the alts. it is impressive how she's managed to make it so controversial, there's a difference between something just being bad (e.g. lcd soundsystem's cover, there's nothing to talk about with it) and divisive.
i hope if there is a deluxe version the cover art is good, because if the album is good i'll want to get it on vinyl, but i'd rather buy it if it has a more appealing cover

d e s u

where were you when the last Arca was released: the hate was mostly towards the new direction of Arca's music, but few liked the artwork too

tracklist:
1. Arisen My Senses
2. Blessing Me
3. The Gate
4. Utopia
5. Body Memory
6. Feature's Creatures
7. Coatship
8. Loss
9. Superior
10. Tabarasa
11. Claim Striker
12. Paradisia
13. Saint
14. Future Forever

reminder Body Memory is 9:46

weird, i really don't like these covers but i usually do prefer shocking album covers, such as homogenic (one of my all time favourites) and pic related

even this would have been better

it's actually

arisen my senses
blissing me
the gate
utopia
body memory
features creatures
courtship
loss
sue me
tabula rasa
claim taker
paradisia
saint
future forever

also, "sue me?" did she really write a song about matthew barney's lawsuit lol

ATRL needs to stop

lol no it's Grimes-tier

This is google translated from a Japanese tracklist so some of them might not be accurate 11 is probably Claims Taker.

this is so much better

Which was the best track on that album desu

fuck no

*hangs out with gays once*

why do people keep saying this as if bjork changed after arca? she's always been flamboyant

also she's always hung out with gay men. matmos? alexander mcqueen?

alexander mcqueen isnt a hack tho