CHART THREAD

Hey its me again. I couldn't stop thinking about you, so I thought I'd call to see how you're doing.
Amyway, rate and rec and know you're always gonna be my soulmate

Other urls found in this thread:

neverendingchartrendering.org/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

kara's walk home - i don't wanna look at the stars
ventla - return to sender

that sacred tapestry cover looks really cool
i like this

Delicate Steve - Positive Force

forgot chart

what's the point of these threads
are you posting charts of your all time favourite albums or just albums that you've recently liked, i've never been able to tell

My taste in music is still too basic to rec and rate.
Please rec, I certainly need it - any genre, so I can get into other genres as well. Thanks.

That's all up to you. It's just to get recommendations of albums you haven't heard yet and expand your taste in music. Those charts show someone what type of music you like and not like.

Albums that you want to discuss and get recs based on

dang i didn't realize topsters actually died
+++quebec
hi soulmate
+++kanye
+mbv, candy claws
check out mercury rev if you haven't

you have an extremely Sup Forums-core taste
take in advice from musical sources outside of Sup Forums

Thanks!

Any good sources?

just general reading around musicians, sorry to cop out but i guess its just more about using your intuition when discovering and reading about music
you don't have a bad taste in music at all i would just recommend digging deeper into a lot of the genres and styles that you personally enjoy rather than simply accepting recommendations from some of the snobs on here

Just pick your favourite album, find what genres it's a part of, and look for albums within that genre. If you like a particular artist look to see if any of the members have any side projects, and things of that sort. I find discogs and rym to be useful for just looking for new things to listen to.

Understood, thanks!

i enjoy late 60s/early 70s sad acoustic shit
give me some more to explore please

Ah, that's good, thanks!

check the Private Press "genre"
>bob desper - New Sounds
>Randy Rice - To Anyone Who's Ever Laughed At Someone Else
>Dave Bixby - Ode To Quetzalcoatl

Can someone please tell me if there's a new Topsters clone? Sorry if it's common knowledge but I haven't done a chart in a while.

(last 12 months)

neverendingchartrendering.org/
it's a bit clunky tho

Thanks

cheers

Some really excellent albums here, love Eureka and Quebec. Big props for Skylarking too. Check out English Settlement by XTC too if you haven't already!

Nice Shoegazey vibes. Really like Candy Claws and Geogaddi

Please please please rec me some interesting albums. I'd love some interesting/sincere folky psychedelic stuff for Autumn but I'm up for whatever you might think I'll like. Cheers

>some interesting/sincere folky psychedelic stuff for Autumn
you've probably listened to it already but i'd recommend something else by the kinks, it has a very wistful vibe to it

+boris, sweet trip, plantasia
your chart looks comfy

nice death grips

rec and rate please, my taste kinda depends on my mood, so the order of the first three rows often switches around

Paysage d'Hiver - Paysage d'Hiver
Faraquet - the view from this tower
tiger trap - tiger trap

Alright lads! I'm about to embark on a 27 hour train trip from Halifax to Toronto. Rec me some good shit, but since I'll be on my phone the whole time I'm requesting music available on Spotify. I'm ~caviarrr on RYM if you want more to work with.

Van Dyke Parks is fantastic, definitely check out his second album, Discover America. It's a bit less mysterious than Song Cycle but it's got some top notch writing. Also check out Las Vegas by Burger/Ink, probably the comfiest thing Wolfgang Voight did (check out Gas too if you haven't already, Pop and Zauberberg are amazing)

Neil Young! Leonard Cohen! I also rec you Discover America.

Lootpack - Soundpieces: Da Antidote! (underrated Madlib project, had a track in Tony Hawks Pro Skater 4 so you know its good)

Porter Ricks - Biosphere

Del the Funky Homosapien - Both Sides of the Brain

My chart

Gestalt - Le Sommeil Du Singe, french Coldwave and some of the best in the genre.

FKA Twigs

Cardiacs - A Little Man and a House and the Whole World Window. You might like Scott Walker. Start with 4.

XTC - Drums and Wires

Serge Gainsbourg - Histoire de Melody Nelson

Yarrrrrr fuck me tits I forgot the chart