What went wrong?

What went wrong?

what is it with all this shitty album covers this year?

Is the melody from IDK About You sampled from something else? The song sounds so familiar

Feminism

>FREE ABORTIONS AND CLEAN WATER
That song was supposed to be self-parody, right?

She came back.

>this country makes it hard to fuck!
Why do feminists get mad when the government doesn't finance their sluttiness?

I heard there was a new Fever Ray album and got excited. I heard the single and got pessimistic. I got 20 minutes into the album and had to stop. I forced myself through it and only 'liked' one song and it's an instrumental.

I'm just going to listen to the first album and pretend this never happened.

Give it a try. Personally I think that To The Moon And Back is the weakest track on this record, especially because the sound of this song kind of reminds me of Deep Cuts. Also last 3 tracks are really great at least in my opinion. Maybe this album as a whole doesn't have the same dark atmosphere as the debut and it's definitely not better but it's not a bad record either. For me it was a grower.

Nothing.

Expectations from people who thought they were getting Fever Ray 2: Darker Boogaloo, maybe.

The lyrics are absurd and on-the-nose. It's like the last Knife album except without the musical aptitude of Olof

Why do people hate To the Moon and Back? It’s one of the few good, memorable songs on the album.

It's not that I hate it. I just think that it's the weakest track on this record and when I first heard it, I thought that this album will be Deep Cuts 2.0 and was kind of afraid of that.

this was the cringiest thing ever, if that was a guy he'd be rightfully crucified for those shitty awful lyrics

r u suggesting either of those things r at all outrageous?

It's like a right winger screaming "LOWER TAXES AND LESS SPENDING" in the middle of a song. It's not just what's being said, it's that something so brazenly political is shouted in the middle of a song without any subtlety or artistry

She decided to become the embodiment of modern degenerate Sweden.

fantano gave it a bad review

its not good. garbage lyrics with good beats

she forgot how to write a decent tune. in 2013 she + her brother olof started the same pretentious arty path as bjork post-vespertine.

This thread is proof that neo-mu is a Sup Forums infested idpol shithole. Shaking the Habitual has the same kind of lyrics and no one had an issue with it. Also, who the fuck pays attention to the lyrics with an album like this anyway?

I was here. Plenty of people complained. And the lyrics here are much more obvious and ridiculous

The good:
>great production
>more varied the than her first album
The bad:
>the political/social stances are not well thought out and come off as obnoxious
>track quality is inconsistent (there is a world of quality between falling, red trails and the shit that is this country)
Also it's weird because nobody has been talking about it: if you check the archive, nobody even wrote the word "Plunge" on the 29th of October, to make you get it.
In the past 10 days I've seen something like only 3 threads about it.

>Shaking the Habitual has the same kind of lyrics and no one had an issue with it.
>Also, who the fuck pays attention to the lyrics with an album like this anyway?
4.5/10 bait, jinxed it with the last sentence, here's your (You)

beats sucked

Red Trails is amazing, but the rest of it feels so inconsistent. Vocals feels strained and on the verge of failing half the time too, was that meant to be intentional?

People did have issue with StH's political stance at the time already, though.

""""""""""""""""""""""""melody"""""""""""""""""""""""""""

red trails is amazing u pleb
neeed an instrumental version

This album's got a better metascore than s/t at the moment. Que? Pitchfork gave it an 8.7, hahahaha

Im just listening to it and the songs i dont like are A part of us and ADK about you (wich is just awful) so... so far 2 bad song til half the album is not that bad, i'm glad of the diversity of the tunes

More focused on making her music political rather tgan how good the quality of the music is itsself. I could've handled the bad lyrics if the instrumentals were better. Its really just more of the same if not a mediocre version of her first LP.

You got to let it go. Fever Ray should be awesome but this is trash.

IDK about you is the only song on the album I actually like. Sounds like something off Shaking the Habitual

I agree, sound like from Shaking but i dislike half Shaking that might be why i dont like it lol

I think people should have access to abortions, but free? Not so sure about that.