SPACE

How your nation's space program coming along?

Other urls found in this thread:

theportugalnews.com/news/portugal-plans-national-space-agency/40346
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCATSAT-1
jpl.nasa.gov/missions/iss-rapidscat/
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troposphere_(rocket_family)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

slow

launched 2 satellites, doing good

Doing pretty well

Oops wrong picture

It's pretty much dead by now.

we thought about it but then we remember lemurians, get depressed get drunk and forget about space for one more day

Brazil launched a satellite some months ago, that's all I know.

we finna shot a space radio into the sun

That was a classic.

>disgruntled, underpaid bydlo worker at Roscosmos purposely installed the guidance package upside down

MASA is doing great

Should have one by 2030.

Soon. Maybe
theportugalnews.com/news/portugal-plans-national-space-agency/40346

>mfw an Amerilard had to buy Russian rocket engines near me

More recently, the Progress that got destroyed last December when the third stage exploded.

Si

Some of those Atlas Vs have been used to launch DoD satellites and Russia became butthurt about that, partially because Putin back when he first took over, had banned sales of defense-related hardware to the US, and although RD-170 engines aren't a defense-related item per-se, the use of them for DoD launches exploits a loophole there.

Of course not everyone in the US was enthusiastic either about using Russian engines to launch s33krit military payloads. The reason this happened in the end was because the Shuttle program had wrecked our ability to manufacture rocket engines, nothing new had been developed since the Apollo era.

One of the best things out country has ever done since independence. Even turns a profit. It's called ISRO

Why don't we just build Saturn Vs again

>poo space program
>"What should we call our satellite Pajeet?"
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SCATSAT-1

Because it's very costly and today NASA mostly operates at low earth orbit.

is he kill

It would be darn near impossible since a lot of the details about constructing and operating them were intuitive and not written down anywhere. That knowledge is essentially lost since the people who worked on them are dead or they're in their 80s and the still living ones have probably forgotten a lot of it

That's just referring to the mechanical parts like the F-1 engines. The avionics of course would have to use modern digital hardware, the Saturn flight control computer weighed a couple hundred pounds and predated microprocessors.

si

jpl.nasa.gov/missions/iss-rapidscat/

Brainlet leaf who don't understand the terminologies used in Aerospace industry.

SCAT stands for Space Communication And Technology.

France launched it. They also built it. Brazil basically bought the whole thing. Last thing we did the chinese blew, as far as I know.

cuz your money is used to worship different god

if we use fast rocket we can get to low earth orbit faster and save money on fuel

I'm not smart enough to understand your advanced technology, you will be a superpower by 2020.

As far as I know I hasn't done anything other than exist.

shit logo

I don't understand elementary physics--the post.jpg

Saturn V is very heavy relative to other rockets and therefore it takes more fuel for it to take the same payload into LEO.

Some of that weight was due to extra hardware needed to man-rate it; an unmanned vehicle would have less shit aboard.

what happened to him

Space program's are meme they serve no purpose in reality, just let nasa handle it.

>Waist money on some pointless Mars shit
>Find out developers stole several millions
>Bring them to court
>Waste more money
>Repeat
I wish our space faggots will be more practical or go to fucking jail.

Terrible s*ftware, otherways Pretty good

Don't know much about the ol' space business and what they're up to but we had a few rocket tests a bit back.

>let nasa handle it.

So that U.S.A. can get a monopoly on the supply of Helium-3 and India's investment on ITER fusion reactor goes to trash.

Looks fun

Yeah Saturn V was cool but now NASA should focus on developing reusable rocket boosters to bring down the cost of going to space.

INDIA

Sure.

Will Indian moonbase have loos?

it will have designated shitting craters

Poostronaut Pajeet must then have some low-gravity pooing training.

Moon base would be something on international level like today's ISS. And EU will make sure that it has loos.

*ESA. Not EU.

Poor Russia. Will you ever win?

I'm afraid no.
10 years ago Roskosmos promised to establish a Moon base by 2015 and start a manned mission to Mars by 2027, but now they barely have enough money and qualified personell to perform simple orbital launches.

They're lucky no manned launch to the ISS has failed yet.

I feel bad for you guys

>tfw Congo's space program will reach space this year
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Troposphere_(rocket_family)

You mean will we get back on track? No idea. Probably too late, USSR finished us.

These all happened due to rushing unready spacecraft and trying things that were beyond what Soviet technology was capable of.

You don't try what you're capable until you try. Some of the soviet achiement remain to be repeated

it's a joke nowadays

As far as i know, US stopped buying RD-180s already. They are planning to start using locally designed engines in a fiew years, right after the last shipment of already purchased RD-180s.

they did get orbital probes and landers to Venus a whole bunch of times though

More of an engineering than a scientific feat since it amounted to not much more than getting back some quick pics before the probe was destroyed by extreme heat and pressure. NASA never bothered with Venus landers, instead preferring orbiters and radar mapping. But then, Soviet technology wasn't up to the task of radar mapping Venus anyway.

>Of course not everyone in the US was enthusiastic either about using Russian engines to launch s33krit military payloads. The reason this happened in the end was because the Shuttle program had wrecked our ability to manufacture rocket engines, nothing new had been developed since the Apollo era

During the 80s, production lines for the Rocketdyne engine family that formed the basis of the engines used on the Saturn, Atlas, and Delta families were closed down in anticipation of abandoning disposable LVs altogether, but after Challenger they were forced to restart production (the Aerojet engines used in the Titan vehicles were still in production for the time being). The shuttle main engines were also produced by Rocketdyne and shared a basic design, but were too complex and expensive to be suitable for disposable LVs. Of course, all of these designs also dated back to the 50s-60s,

So it was ultimately poor management of the US space program that led to this situation.

TBF most spy satellites launched in 2000- were probably intended to look at Mudslime cunts rather than Russia.

Whenever I see space suits that Rammstein song starts playing in my head. German appropriation of American achievements.

what Space progam

That one happened because improper, low-grade alloys were used that allowed the third stage LOX pump to disintegrate. They discovered that factory records at the Khrunichev plant had also been falsified.