Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
>mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
>mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd
Old thread (I think)

Other urls found in this thread:

thomann.de/gb/fender_sq_affinity_tele_mn_bb_bundle2.htm
shop.fender.com/en-LV/squier-electric-guitars/stratocaster/black-and-chrome-standard-stratocaster-hss/0321703506.html#prefn1=refinement-body-shape&prefv1=Stratocaster&cgidx=squier-products&start=1
soundcloud.com/user-81872464/jam-9-11-part-1
soundcloud.com/user-81872464/jam-9-11-part-2
vocaroo.com/i/s1Ru13KB4e8u
seymourduncan.com/pickup/quarter-pound-tele-bridge
clyp.it/h1g4bo1j
clyp.it/gt5b2nlb
youtube.com/watch?v=RWawM_jKpMA
soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/black-diamond
audioz.download/tutorials/video/135725-download_academyfm-how-to-spice-up-your-drums-with-foley-samples.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

too early to post general

Sorry, bruh. I fell asleep and let the last thread die.

But I'm back awake now, we can start pretending there are multiple people posting again ;^)

is this a good bundle for a newfriend?
thomann.de/gb/fender_sq_affinity_tele_mn_bb_bundle2.htm

that is one ugly bass mate

Been playing for about a year on a 10-year old Fender "Starcaster strat-electric." It has the shape of a strat and was likely purchased as some sort of beginner guitar/amp combo in the $120-150 range.

Anyways I'm going to buy my first "real" guitar and my budget is about $500. Leaning towards a standard strat or tele ($499 when on sale), but also considering the Ibanez RG series. Any recommendations?

>mfw spoopy skelly mocking my autism with some sort of elaborate dance in the corner

Do you want a Telecaster or are you just fishing for good deals?

Doesn't seem very good to me. Squiers are decent instruments to start with but the rest seems pretty shit though I'll admit i haven't tried any of those IRL.

The amp sounded like ass to me, from the audio samples available.

Do you intend to play in your bedroom? In a band? What kind of music do you want to play? Who do you want to sound like?

Ibanez are good if you want thin necks and super low action, but their lower end Floyd Rose bridges are shit.
Since you'll probably be going for a lower end model, if you're going for an Ibanez get something with a fixed bridge, or you risk being out of tune all the time.

You could also look at Schecter or LTD (ESP's budget brand) for shred-y guitars if that's what you're looking for.

>Intermediate guitar player
>Always just played in my room
>Now in a band playing rythm/ vocals that has potential to gig
>My crappy practice guitar I've had since I was 16 breaks
>Currently borrowing a friends weird les paul style Gretsch
>It's ok but we play for indie/ emo stuff so it doesn't really sound right
>Want to get a tele, but have minimal budget bc poor student (£300/ $400 max)

What should I get? I was thinking maybe just a Squier standard tele, or I could buy used better model (Like a Squier vintage modified) online with some upgraded parts.

>Do you want a Telecaster or are you just fishing for good deals?
Telecaster. Not really looking for a good deal, but I'm on a budget tho

>Doesn't seem very good to me
not really no, the brand is apparently the store's brand so I guess that's a no then

>Do you intend to play in your bedroom?
yes bedroom, so to speak.

>What kind of music do you want to play?
Easy, not to loud rock/indie stuff

>Who do you want to sound like?
clean and warm

Good to know. I'm going to have to go play a few different guitars this weekend and see how they feel/sound in person. Thanks mate

Like I said, an Affinity Tele should do just fine, though I'm not the most knowledgeable person on Teles. If it's within your budget, a Classic Vibe Squier Tele or a used Mexican Fender Tele would be a few notches above the one you posted.
Maybe try some yourself at the store, with different amps, to see what you like.

If you're going for warm and clean, I'd recommend that you pair a Tele with a Vox amp, maybe one of those VT series modelling amps. I have an older AD30VT, which some agree sounds better than the new models.

If it's within your budget, you could look into an AC4 or AC10, which are tube amps. They won't model a bunch of different amps but you might like them more than a solid-state or hybrid amp.

You could also just skip on the amp and get an audio interface instead, using your PC with something like Guitar Rig or BiasFX to model any amp you want. I believe a lot of people round here go down that route.

thanks a bunch, that should help me out quite a bit :)

I have the Squier Affinity Tele and it's pretty good. Plays nice and all that.

Only thing had to raise the neck pickup because mine was way too quiet. You just remove the pickguard by removing the screws and turn two screws by the pickup. You might not have to do it if yours is set up right. I was afraid of doing any changes out of fear of damaging it but it's ridiculously easy to do.

The Squier Vintage Vibes are top notch but for a budget guitar you definitely can't go wrong with the Affinity. Maybe upgrade the pickups down the road but I have no problem with them otherwise.

>my new cheap guitar won't stay in tune
>better throw money at tuners
Nope. It's the nut. File and lubricate your nut or buy a self-lubricating nut.

thats an utterly hilarious but somehow good looking design

>get something with a fixed bridge, or you risk being out of tune all the time
You will stay in tune with a trem with a properly filed and lubed nut or, alternately, a roller nut. Roller nuts are why Jeff Beck can wank on his Strat's tremolo for two hours in concert and stay in tune the whole time, but they add mechanical parts which, being mechanical parts, can eventually break. If you want your shit to stay in tune, get a roller nut, a Graph Tech XL TUSQ nut, which has Teflon infused into it, or simply properly file and lubricate your existing nut.

shop.fender.com/en-LV/squier-electric-guitars/stratocaster/black-and-chrome-standard-stratocaster-hss/0321703506.html#prefn1=refinement-body-shape&prefv1=Stratocaster&cgidx=squier-products&start=1
yay or nay?

>Thread up for 5 hours
>21 Posts
The absolute state of /gg/

busy practicing

Got a neck blank glued up yesterday. Didn't get as much squeeze out as I would have liked. Gonna go over today and plane it to dimensions and rough cut it on my bandsaw.

It's a 5 piece black walnut, maple, narra neckthrough.

Will post results later today

Idc who doesn't like it Rocksmith is a fun way to get better.

dont you know guitar is dead? its for people like this now.

Pretty gaudy in my opinion but you do you, man. Don't listen to us assholes.

soundcloud.com/user-81872464/jam-9-11-part-1

soundcloud.com/user-81872464/jam-9-11-part-2

Roast my improv aside from obvious flubs (didn't warm up). Recorded on September 11th.

Please get some taste and learn how to tone down the effects pedals.

>jazzmaster
Nevermind you must like shoegaze.

Cool!

I actually had the same thought after I listened to this the other month. Comp was set to about 12 or 1 oclock for this recording, now if I have it on it's set to about 7 (almost minimum comp). The chorus, I set way down afterwards too. Rarely use it anymore. Might come off the board since I only use it to fatten up clean tone. Swapping to neck pickup is plenty for that.

I do have a hard time using delay. It's either almost pointless or way too much. I've been practicing with single repeats though.

I don't really like shoegaze, it's boring as fuck.

all youre instruments sounds like shit individually and dont even go together
try again

Aside from the effects, which have already been addressed as atrocious, is it the eq I have that is contributing to the issue? I seem to lose all bass when I record so it sounds thinner than I'd like.

Or is it the note choice? I'm starting to get better at limiting musical diarrhea but I've got some pretty bad habits. Since this I've been working on phrasing and leaving some empty space.

Thanks for the roast guys, its the best way to learn this kind of stuff.

It just sounds fucking awful. There’s nothing else to say really.

it sounds like a lot of random noise. turn off all of your pedals and practice actually playing.

I already practice unplugged so this isn't very helpful but thanks anyways.

The first one: the progressions go nowhere, yet the tone is calming, so it's just pissing me off, also don't stop the rhythm, if you fuck it up, try to continue the beat or at least start on the next appropriate beat.

The second one: the backing/rhythm part is very nice, but you play seemingly random notes most of the time, the only time you are somewhat in tune, is when you play in pentatonic, work on theory more, show the changes in the playing.

I just took the biggest redpill, /gg/. I found an Epiphone Les Paul II Special with a perfect neck and nabbed it for $119. After one day's worth of adjustments/maintenance (nut adjustments/lubrication, saddle lubrication, truss rod adjustment, action adjustment, intonation set) it now plays and stays in tune as well as my Gibson LP Standard. I'm never buying an expensive guitar again.

i like the chrome

Dude stop being a pussy , you're responding to some dadrock buttrock faggots that can't deal with effected guitars. Your music is kind of sloppy but the effects aren't the problem

These homos never post their playing for a reason

>I already practice unplugged
that isnt what i said, and stop doing that or else how are you going to hear the imperfections?

the effects dont matter is the music sounds nice
what he played was just objectively bad

I think it sounds fine , typical post punk chorusy stuff. He just needs to work on articulating the notes clearer so every note rings out strongly and clearly

vocaroo.com/i/s1Ru13KB4e8u

There aren't enough poppers on the world to unclench my asshole after I listened to the middle of his second jam, but yeah, he just needs to articulate it more clearly.

Thanks for taking the time to think about the actual notes I played.

I agree that the progression goes nowhere in the first one, It was really only based on 3 chords. Mostly an E6 I think? It's been a while. I didn't put any thought into it and that shows. Stopping is one of the bad habits I've been fighting. This past few weeks I've been using a metronome and recording to keep myself honest to the beat/progression if I make a mistake. But it's slow going.

For the second one, I agree as well. When I play over a track I don't think I'm listening to the implied chords (or the chords in general if the backing is a chord progression) at all. I just think "key of C, stay in the key" and blast off. Sounds bad like that. I'll try slowing down and playing way less and see if I can get more out of fewer notes by picking the right ones. I'll just work off intervals for that but I'll review modes too.

Is that right? I'm wondering if there's more I can do.

I appreciate it, but if I apply effects sloppily it won't make it any better. I don't want to be proud of something that isn't good.

I mispoke. I mostly learn on an acoustic. If I practice on my electric (for electric techniques duh) then I play amplified with no reverb or effects.

Anyways I'm gonna go practice now. Thanks!

I'm the first guy you responded to in this post, just so you know.

Yes, praticing with metronome or backing tracks is probably the best thing you can do, but just another advice, if you listen to solo performers in classical music (as you were alone on the first track) you would notice that they are not playing on metronomic beat exactly, and are usually much more rubato. Try keeping a beat with your foot and sticking to that, even though it's not 100% correct. As long as there is a groove that the player and listener hear and can follow, then it's OK in my book.

As for the choices for the notes, you must admit, that some of them were pretty sour, you can practice this by first using only the triads of that chord, then the related pentatonic, then the mode that goes over and then you can experiment with some chromatic stuff. It shows that you understand what is it that you are playing, so the listener can be "trained" towards a harsher sound.

Is this a SD hot tele pickups? Can someone identify this?

Is this from an ad or something?

anyone wanna see glam and sexy shots of my condor les paul

Guitar center is selling this used one. The previous owner is a fuck tard and modded the guitar out of shit. It seems like he put a hot tele on the bridge.

Could it be this one? It's hard to tell. You'll have to inspect the other models on their site.
seymourduncan.com/pickup/quarter-pound-tele-bridge

I think you are right. It seems like it's a high output bridge pickup. Thanks buddy.

Sounds like a real song but i can't put my finger on it.

Is this alright?

I have a Yamaha Pacifica 311H (P90 in the neck position and splittable humbucker at the bridge, hardtail) with a few mods (new humbucker and treble bleed mod). I set it up properly, adjusted the nut slots because they were too high for my taste, etc. and it plays and sounds good. I would like a lower action but sadly the fretwork isn't good enough for that.
I kinda want a second guitar, 24 fret neck and maybe a different pickup configuration. Not sure if I really want a whammy bar, any ideas? Thomann makes a nice PRS copy in the 200€ range, but the hardtail versions have those weird wraparound bridges and I'm not sure if the cheapo wilkinson tremolo is a good idea in terms of tuning stability.
I could spend more but I'm not even sure what exactly I want honestly.

>I could spend more but I'm not even sure what exactly I want honestly.
user please reread what you just typed and think for one second.

I'm totally aware, I want a second guitar but I'm not really sure what I want, just asking for some input what I could look at that has a 24 fret neck and a different pickup configuration.

>needing more than 21 frets

I don't need them, I want them.

K

You guys are too obsessed with brand names of guitars what does it matter where it was made or what names on the headstock its just a piece of fucking wood why not work on improving your skills instead of worrying about what kind of tone a certain guitar will give you
"Tone" comes from the hands, not your gear

t. braindead shredder who practice sweep picking 6 hours a day

explain my basses sounding different in my hands

Gear without a doubt has a huge effect on tone.

sup /gg/, i am interested in y'all's impressions and suggestions bout this mix
clyp.it/h1g4bo1j

I don't click on anything posted in this shithole, sport. I don't care about your piddly ass bedroom shitting and no one else does either.

I’m amazed to say it’s genuinely quite good Samuel.

Great job user! What electric guitar?

you need a singer

Jazzmaster or Telecaster for playing chorus, reverb and phaser heavy Dream pop?

Jazzmaster with Jaguar coming in second.

glad, thanks

condor clp2s with super distortion and 59

is it that bad?

not really, but im sure you want to make the best art like we all do

for sure but i want to show off on facebook too. if its not cringey its ok

well its not cringey. i wouldnt be ashamed. i was just saying

yeah i didnt think that you did that, i just stated my standards non-agressively following the conversation

i know. i was just saying

kek lol

Dick Dale's pick damage for one song! Beastly!

>one off
Is your entire life this much of an abysmal failure?

how could he not learn to control his picking intensity after all these years

im not sure if i know what youre talking about mate

Thats awful

Well fuck you too then, Satan.
No, reddit. Of course you wouldn't.

>slightly formatting your post is redditposting

He plays 16s

newfagging is

lole, is that what you think we're talking about?

>

I want.

i just heard yngwie's latest album that he apparently recorded and produced by himself in his home studio for the first time
boy is it bad let me tell ya

ah its the post number
haha
i had forgot ir already

i recorded and produced this by myself in my bedroom with a sm57 copy this week. am i better than yngwe malmsteen?
clyp.it/gt5b2nlb

Hasn't he been doing that for the past 10 years?

just go to a pawn shop.
think you might be a euro, so i don't know how many there are near you, but you'll find something decent especially at that price range.
just make sure to never leave with one unless you've played it enough to notice anything that's too off about it.

no
i dont think so but i could be wrong. i havent really followed him too much lately, but its obviously programmed drums, horrible mixing, his terrible vocals, old boring ideas. i love his 80s shit tho

heres a sample for those who havent heard it
youtube.com/watch?v=RWawM_jKpMA

>from a superstar to a bedroom guitarist
he could have used the humanize button on the drums huh

Ace Frehley's albums, on the other hand, show super nice mixing and production, cool musical ideas. in fact, i think i'll listen to some tracks of Anomaly and Space Invader in .flac right now.

i programmed these drums myself from scratch, no stock midi patterns. what do you think of it? soundcloud.com/samuelcfaria/black-diamond

whats a good effect and amp modeller?
tried guitar rig but it sounds like shit when you record it and the effects are gimmicky as hell and dont help at all

Please take this
audioz.download/tutorials/video/135725-download_academyfm-how-to-spice-up-your-drums-with-foley-samples.html

i like amplitube