Holy Shit

You faggots weren't joking, this album is incredible.

What did you like about it?

now listen to the original

I remember listening to Nirvana's "gallons of rubbing alcohol flow through the strip" when I was younger and thinking how cool it sounded. This album is pretty much the same sound structure but consists of an entire album and that last song "Good Morning Captain" is the most cathartic thing I've listened to in a while.

yes it is

someone post the flint mamma mia comment please

Mamma mia-core.

>calling people faggots on Sup Forums
>not having listened to slint
>being surprised a popular and critically acclaimed album is good

This, go back to Sup Forums or something newfag. You have shit taste

Spiderland is not popular you retard.
Not even going to bother replying

this is what people think when they have never had a real life conversation with a human being about music in person

spiderland has millions of plays on spotify and is probably the most acclaimed math rock album of all time. steve albini has recorded albums for this band. they're far from obscure bro

he probably doesn't even know who steve albini is

Don stepped outside....

Good. Now listen to the better Slint record

Stu stepped outside...

You'd be hard pressed to find anyone who's heard of Slint, the average person doesn't know who they are. They're not super obscure or anything but they're definitely not popular

> is probably the most acclaimed math rock album of all time.
again, most people don't even know what math rock is.

>woah an almost universally critically acclaimed album is actually good
Sup Forumseddit newfriend please go

yeah I agree. certainly popularity is relative

my point is they are not an obscure band and are in fact a very popular band among people who would claim to have an interest in music or who consider it to be a hobby.

Fuck slunt.

Of course we weren't joking
Sup Forums doesn't know how to make (or take) a joke

>are in fact a very popular band among people who would claim to have an interest in music or who consider it to be a hobby.
yeah, I'd agree with that

I've been blasting this for the past week, so good. I don't even like Albini that much but the guitar and bass sounded so good on this.

this is objectively the worst album ever made

retarded contrarian.

Not the better record at all.

THIS. Basement losercore.

I don't think you're talking about the same sphere. Of course in plebian town the common shit taste pop hit loving normans have never heard of Slint. But when talking about people that have started developing music taste atleast 1 week before they probably know what Spiderland is.

Is Slint popular? In the world of music, yes.

It's like everyone on this board is fucking nineteen

Not even that old.

i hate to be contrarian but its honestly hard to pick what one i prefer. i listen to tweez far more and love it but spiderland has such soaring highs that it sticks with you more

Sup Forums is comprised of 14 year olds. always has, always will

Christ this is eerily relatable for me. Especially Endless, Nameless too

Now check the rest.