/languagelet/

Who /languagelet/ here?

Why is it so hard to learn a second language, bros?

>invited: USA UK CANADA AUSTRALIA NEW ZEALAND
>special guest: Japan

Thats cause you already know English, the easiest fucking language to learn.

Also you anglos are specially shitty at learning languages dunno why..
Even if you have been years practicing you still sound retarded as fuck.

No initiative

;-;

It's pretty easy, Nathan.
It's pretty easy, Oliver.
It's pretty easy, Hiroaki.

It is easy if you dont have nothing else to do, no extra responsibilities but study.

I ones took like 2 years of being a lazy parasite and I thought " you know what let's learn this shit"...
I also learned to play guitar and some programming languages...

Even when those supposed to be my shittiest years I think they were my most productive.

But yeah if you dont put your mind into it , it can be really hard.

Iktf keep going on and off with German, nothing sticks

I have been flip flopping around German, Spanish, and Japanese for like a year now......

Isn't French like your second language? And from there you can go to the other romance languages. Seriously, how hard can it be? Just b urself

Canadians don't actually know french, it's a meme.

>studying English for a decade
>still can't speak a shit

Feels like a retard desu

usually you learn a language out of need or passion.
I learned english for them cracked videogames and internet usage need.
Never had passion for languages.
If you don't really commit yourself you will not succeed.

>Why is it so hard to learn a second language, bros?

But it's not. It's all about your attitude and willingness to assimilate another culture and way of thinking. It also helps if you're having fun.

huutista englanninkielisille
Pandan kans vedän Tebikal borkkaa eli bitumii stikkaan mun kitusiin

>Oliver
actually the most common male name in Australia, good job

same
muh krax
>actual advice
>on a mongolian interpretative basket weaving forum

>Canadian/American posts about wanting to learn new languages
>its just pointless whining and you can tell they just want to whine instead of asking specifics or advice
just fuck off already, if you want to learn the resources are right there for you to use

>flipflopping
>between 4 totally unrelated languages
>one year

You need more than a year of focusing on a single language
You're not doomed to monolingualism, you just need to actually work on one of them

This Whatever they speak in Quebec is not French. I don't understand a thing they say.

If the entire internet was suddenly only in French* we'd all be speaking French in 3 moths

*substitute French for literally any language including Ancient fucking Globglok from Centuri 5

In an alternate universe I am well on my way to mastering, russian, latin and ancient greek. Also aisling loftus has agreed to have my children

>special guest: Japan
Please, half of us here are english teachers, the rest know some english or else they'd be posting somewhere else

It's not.
The brain is literally wired to learn language. Just immerse into the language and you will pick it up.

The brain loves patterns. Ever since i started sentence mining 2 months ago as well as immersing my Japanese ability to understand written language has shot up at least 2x.

It's not hard, it just takes a lot of time and exposure.

If you want to be serious about it try doing it in a formal setting like a uni/college. Be sure the prof/instructor is a native though or you'll be fucked. I'm doing German as a minor in uni now and, whilst I can't say I'm near good enough to live day-to-day life in a German speaking country I've developed the skills a discipline to learn how to learn the language and how to practice.

>The brain loves patterns
What do you think about German?

Haven't studied it. it sounds hideous.

kys helsinkian with your wigger lingo

fick di

When German men talk, they automatically sound homosexual. It's really funny. And your women. When your women talk they sound like men.

Sounds like you have a giant ball in your fucking mouth. Filthy language.

stop using google translate for arap text

No. I'd rather use google translate than learn a savaged tongue.

>they automatically sound homosexual
the opposite actually, stop lying

>tfw reading a book in English

Not too extreme but not everyone can do that

After i learn Nip speak i wanna learn Finnish. Seems cool and different.

Just choose Spanish. You'll need it.

You already know the most important language in the world. There's no incentive to learn another one

Spanish is a filthy language. Sounds like shit. Finnish sounds nice. I will learn Finnish and recluse into the Finnish country side.

Well, if you live in China you should learn Mandarin. Don't be one of those niggers that lives in a foreign country without learning the tongue.