Other urls found in this thread:

pitchfork.com/thepitch/693-going-to-shows-when-you-have-a-disability/
youtu.be/lUMT9OIaVvE
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Give_Me_Convenience_or_Give_Me_Death
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It can be.

el colombiANO

Yes

Stop trying to figure out if something is "good" or not you goddamn fucking retard and ask yourself if you like it. Get off of Sup Forums for awhile and you'll realize in real life there is no single unified hivemind to illuminate the judgment of God for you. For people who shit on "normies" so much you sure are desperate to figure out what the acceptable consensus is every time you're confronted with something new. Kys all yourselves.

>live recording
>singer asks crowd if theyre ready
>can audibly hear one guy yelling "no"

Most of the time yes, i would say it depends on the quality of the recording, albums like public castration is a good idea are nice but their bad recording quality turns me off to a point i dont enjoy it. but thats me

im confined to a wheelchair so i wanted to know if it was worth the hassle it will cause other people to go

the fuck kind of question is that
it's like saying "is a b flat good" or "is a cymbal good"

You have every right to go see live music, do what you want to do.

I used to DJ at a college radio station with this dude, maybe his article will help you:
pitchfork.com/thepitch/693-going-to-shows-when-you-have-a-disability/

Live music is only good if you are there. Otherwise it can fuck off 99.9% of the time. Only heard one good live song and it was Fear of the Dark

There's a handful of great live recordings.

Off the top of my head:
youtu.be/lUMT9OIaVvE

The story behind it is in here:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Give_Me_Convenience_or_Give_Me_Death

Fuck you mang

/thread

>at a concert, song just ended
>one guy audibly shouts a song request
>band immediately starts playing a different song

Some Swans songs I don't realize are live until the crowd claps at the end.

What live shows have you guys been to recently?

Just saw Buckethead with Brain and Brewer last night at the House of Blues. Was fuckin flownominal.

Yeah, and it's really worth going out to see.

It's pretty often I see people on Sup Forums, after watching a show like Stranger Things or something, say that they've never had fun or adventurous experiences out in the world, or with friends. Seeing live music is a great way to have these experiences. I can't encourage it enough. You can get a chance to see some of the best artists of your time, make new friends, and have memories that made you feel like you actually, y'know, had some nice experiences in your youth.

You can also meet some good friends at these things, although at the same time I'd say watch out for some of the pitfalls of a 'scene', which obviously can have a way of making people struggling with their confidence and identity to lose themselves in a shallow cliche. But there are always decent people too. And compatible girls. I can't stress this enough. There are cute-enough, approachable, attainable girls at these types of things. A handful of them maybe even worth dating.

Some music is even better live, and there is an energy or trippiness or something that is even stronger live that even comes across in live recordings. Certain really great bands, or a lot of psychedelic ones (Grateful Dead are known for this), but also a lot of electronic sets that are about the flow and energy that comes across in a dj mix responding to a crowd. In some of these types of cases, you're not even really getting the real experience of the artist UNTIL you encounter it live.

Then there are a lot of bands that are good live but not necessarily any better - like it sounds great in person and is a cool experience, but nothing is SO different about the music that you can't then just listen to the album at home. A lot of pop or indie is like this, where the albums or singles are well done themselves and the live version doesn't add much except for the excitement of being there yourself and experiencing the personality or presence of the act. Still worth going to, but with this stuff you're not going to necessarily need to collect live recordings, like some might with the Dead or dj sets.

live music is how you separate real musicians from hacks who hide behind reverb and click tracks.

ok dad

Most festivals are awful. Indoor medium size performance is good. Just some bloke in a pub is alright.