Why girls don't like experimental music...

Why girls don't like experimental music? Why women in general are less attracted/interested to more complex and challenging music?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bGX1Iyblgrk
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3Yx7nnMz8
youtube.com/watch?v=-7oaT5elaMk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

educational gender bias

'engineering isn't for girls' etc

Yes but this has nothing do with music.

But I like experimental music

I N D I A N A
N
D
I
A
N
A

Women are always interested to get attention from chads and chads doesn't like experimental music.

What music? Are you cute?

No, why don't men like it? Literally all brainlets over here.

Genevieve - Night people :
m.youtube.com/watch?v=bGX1Iyblgrk

Actually, it's been proven that male born people have a predisposition to liking harsh noise. I'm not saying girls can't or don't, but they are the biological exception to the rule. My cousin

Circuit Des Yeux - stranger :
m.youtube.com/watch?v=Cv3Yx7nnMz8

>proven
Where?

I like experimental music, I also like normal music.

>Arctic Monkeys, Joy Division, David Bowie, the list goes on

pls come to brazil

But why?

?

o

>tfw you know plenty of female experimental musicians because you actually go outside and leave Sup Forums.

klara lewis is so cute :3

>don't know anything about music
>try to make fun pop music
>it sounds like shit
>I'll just call it experimental
This is all female experimental """musicians""". "It's shit on purpose, that means it's good"

did the girls from mbv not like loveless

nice

girls like what guys like

stupid fucking thread, a lot of guys i know like shit music.

no you don't...

Can confirm. Am male and like shit music. I either don't like or have never heard of most things mentioned on this board.

Renaldo and the Loaf, The Residents, early Devo, Karen Finley, Alvin Lucier, The Gerogerigegege, Zero Kama, probably not really
lol

show me the study

Because if they wanted to talk about it they'd have to interact with weird losers.

But, you're not a girl.

They do, you just don't know it because the smart women are actively avoiding you
Im not a girl because there are no girls on the internet but I know how this works from personal experience

These desu

Whatever you say pal

>there are no girls on the Internet
Yes there is, just fucking accept it you cunt. Maybe not as common, but they're here and they're here to stay.

now where did you get this idea from

What I mean is
There are no genders on an anonymous image board

Which makes this whole thread a complete shitpost

This is why I don't come to Sup Forums anymore, everyone here when told they are wrong attempts to rationalize it to bend to their own pessimism.

avoid women with "masculine" hobbies as partners or as contacts. big red flag.

this desu yo

Because men are better at playing music and are more adapt at ''getting it''. The only girls who like experimental and complex music are the ones making it. And even that's mostly shit. Think about it, how many times did you meet a girl that's into John Zorn shit or Boredoms or fucking ELP or Yes? Women just don't have the time or patience to listen to anything different other than:
1. Sad, breakup pop music
2. Turn up at the club pop/trap
3. Basic pop music

But it's human nature. And that's just the way it is.

you sad kinda fat

>I am smart and avoid smeely looserz

Are you just now realizing this

My mom likes ELP and Yes

It's a big red flag to your insecurity.

He's autistic. He's trying to ask if you're from the same state as he is, because the prospect of a girl liking experimental music excites him greatly. I'm sorry for the commotion he's caused over this.

''Oh it's avant-pop'' ''Oh it's experimental/progressive pop'' lol

itr: retards
You should be a pretty big idiot to be ashamed for being a guy.

Women go on Facebook, Twitter, You Tube and cam sites to strip for guys but that's it. Any girl's PC you see, it's the same shit. A few LastFM's pop up but it's still pop shit.
You're an imbecile.
No one gives a fuck about what you do, you need to comprehend that.
also
>realism is pessimism, mmkay

>ctrl F
>no mentions of grouper / kría brekkan / laurel halo / pefkin

youtube.com/watch?v=-7oaT5elaMk

>pal
Confirms it
Girl or not, Zero Kama was an interesting mention out of the rest of the more predictable artist names. How much Nekrophile have you heard?

Shit forgot to write
inb4 ''you get no pussy, you're ugly, never kissed a girl''
it's just very predictable from a stunned Sup Forums Sup Forums audience

Your mom isn't a girl, she's a grown woman.

apparently women can't form arguments either

>realism is pessimism
Not really, you're telling yourself this to comfort yourself.

>out of the rest of the more predictable artist names
>The Gerogerigegege

Sorry, but your troll is obvious now, troll. You actually implied that that band is obvious. It's clear you have no idea as to what you're talking about.

I work at a record store and I watch guys like you come in and pay way too much for music and then talk about how much they "get" it. no one cares about how much more you think you know than women.

This isn't 'literally all' female experimentalists but it is an unfortunate majority of them in the modern age. Even the girl in OPs pic only started making experimental music because of her Dad.

She was a girl when they were making albums

Uh, what troll? That's the only post I've made in the thread.
Also the idea that Gerogerogeige (don't care about spelling) isnt incredibly popular would only come from those extremely inexperienced in the noise/noisecore scene. I actually sell their records at conventions frequently, they are to noisecore what Whitehouse is to Power Electronics - all the the more obscure noise, grindcore and PE I usually have at these conventions are ignored in lieu of these more popular artists.
Get your head outside of your hole and realize that more people know of this kind of music than you think. When I did, I started turning a hefty profit on it.
>inb4 the Gerogerogeigei isn't JUST noisecore they'really extremely varied and span multiple genres

Haven't gotten around to the rest of the releases on that label yet. LAYLAH turned out to be good beyond the human bones gimmick so I should probably give them a go sometime
fwiw I'll admit I'm not terribly experienced in many of these scenes, I was just listening to amateurs for a long time

bump

There's no room left for experimentation, the only thing left for girls to do is be the first female artist to do it so that The Wire can sing their praises

fpbp

Girls aren't joining engineering by choice. Theyre fucking begging for it now and the numbers aren't high

I'm XY and I hate that shit that's not the women's fault

Yeah, I don't know what he's talking about. If you have a vagina you can get a free ride through almost every STEM program in western civilization. This fact is constantly advertised and nobody does it anyway.

[2]
[2]
Make an effort to check them out, they're all high-calibre ritual ambient / industrial that were innovative for its time. Zero Kama was the most popular of the bunch for obvious context-related reasons that you've already touched on, but The Archangels of Sex Rule the Destruction of the Regime was my favorite from the label.
Arsedestroyer - XXX ! Teenass Revolt ! XXX is an excellent noisecore release, and perhaps the most essential ones to understanding the spawn of the genre are the Fear of God EPs released in the late 80s (if you've not already heard them of course).
I hope you enjoy these as much as I do.

Only a small group of people are socialized into the idea that it's ok to ignore social and financial pressure and pursue a hobby with reckless abandon purely for the hobbies sake. Most people, regardless of gender, are instilled with the idea that family or career or being popular/famous is the end goal, not art for arts sake. Woman feel this pressure more because they have the old gender expectations of being caring and social and putting family and relationships first, and the new feminist expectations of "leaning in" and being successful.

But neither of these expectations really meshes with art for arts sake. Even the best female artists, who clearly have a deep knowledge of experimental music, prefer to take the knowledge and incorporate it into music that's accessible or palatable to a wider audience. In many of these cases they are center stage, and they make a point for everyone to know that they are a smart and successful female artist. Think Bjork or Grimes. This isn't necessarily a bad thing but they're still caught up in gender roles because they're obsessed with trying to prove people wrong and be a powerful figure and role model. You'll notice that almost none of the anonymous or semi-anonymous musicians turn out to be women - even the underground unknown female artists put themselves front and center in all their promotional photos, for example.

>Most people, regardless of gender, are instilled with the idea that family or career or being popular/famous is the end goal, not art for arts sake
This might have been true before 1990, but there's more tryhard experimental artists now than there are normal musicians. Thank libarts colleges.

Experimental music is just a fucking meme and women are too much of a meme already to feel like it's necessary to make it

unironic kek

>REEE I HATE WOMEN

Girls like experimental music, they just don't talk about it in places like Sup Forums.

Why does doing a CS masters and taking part in Robotics competitions make me a bad gf? S-seems mean.

What's the interesting obscure noise that you think people overlook unfairly?

Just out of the collection, Grunt, Ethic Acid, Gomikawa Fumio, Josh Lay, Daniel Menche, Cherry Point, The Rita, Cut Hands (which is just a Whitehouse side project but no one recognizes it), Fuck on the Beach, Man is the Bastard / Bastard Noise, Slight Slappers / Short Hate Temper, Suppression, and there's more that I can't list from memory right now. A lot of these have been sitting in my display cases for years but people only bite on the most popular shit. It's why it's so hard to find good music at record stores - they literally can't profit off of good music.

There was Violent Onset Geisha, Cock ESP, and Macronympha in there too iirc.

People always inquire about gerogerogege and whitehouse

what the fuck does any basement dweller on Sup Forums know about women? women weren't a meme when u were tipping my pixelated asshole on chaturbate

most women dont have to make up for a lack of a social life with autismal obsessions over their interests

This. Women aren't to blame for not liking experimental music, chads are

Much thanks for the recommendations. I haven't given a lot of thought about diving deeper into these genres but now's a good time as any to start
Saving these too
I can think of a few exceptions off the top of my head, but overall, yeah, it's way more common for female artists to make their womanhood a core part of their image simply because it sells. You'd either have to be a fool or deliberately turning down popularity to not do it. On top of the whole feminism angle (more relevant to some artists than others), if you look halfway decent and do anything relatively niche, you're a big fish in a small pond.

You're welcome!

Because men are more likely to be autistic and or way above average intelligence. Above average intelligence correlates to weird esoteric hobbies and taking them to the extreme. Also because your average roastie is too distracted by never ending attention from chads, social media, and religious adherence to materialism to develop any sort of unique ideas about music. It’s the same reason women don’t have hobbies. They don’t need to, the world occupies them with other things. Btw most dudes like shit music as well. It’s just at the higher “patrician” levels

bump

>Macronympha
>COCK E.S.P
>CUT HANDS

This user is FUCKING COOL

>John Zorn shit or Boredoms or fucking ELP or Yes
neckbeard thinks how cultured he is for liking avant teen garbage holy shit

I thought stuff like Grunt, Cherry Point, The Rita, etc were considered entry-level. I feel a bit better about my noise knowledge now.

They are

>My cousin
h

Hey Jono.

You aren't into complex or challenging music either.

>women doesn't like experimental music
>the most famous avant garde musician is a woman
>the only avant garde song to ever top the charts is from a woman
You guys don't listen to experimental music, do you?

bump