I use to come here pretty often,now I don't really, but I realize I have nothing and no one so here I am...

I use to come here pretty often,now I don't really, but I realize I have nothing and no one so here I am. Can we get like, some kinda of cheer up thread? Is that a thing ?

It should be a thing

I'm so disconnected from everyone and it feels like shit, how do I reconnect?

I'm kind of in the same situation, and at the moment it feels like you don't. You just continue going about your life. People are fake. Life is cruel. The only thing certain is our slow, inevitable march towards an empty void.

I appreciate the effort on this one. I recently have been through a lot, and seeing happy animal things is kind of a bitter sweet thing. The only thing in my life that I can really count on is my cat, and as empty as that sounds I know my cat will be here when I come home. I know he will be in bed with me at night, and I know that he sometimes purrs and seems to try to cheer me up. It might be because I take care of him,it might be because he loves me.

It gets better. Be chill, invest time with people and don't expect that they will owe you or feel that you're great in return, but invest with enough and you'll find a handful of people you get along with.

I have a handful of friends, and they are good people but at the same time I couldn't be my real self to them. I couldn't have that, deep connection. Kind of like a family member or parent you love. You know you can tell them anything, approach them with any problem and they will try. They love you unconditionally. I don't think I will experience that. I'm just.....more or less being what people want.

To be clear, I'm not some angst teen who thinks shit posting on Sup Forums is super edgy and cool. I'm 25, about to be 26 in a few weeks. I'm just massively depressed and I guess this is the only place I could think to maybe vent.

Life is chill man, when you stop comparing yourself to others and just focus on making your life good, enjoying things, finding connections in small moments, then suddenly you find that days of good went by before shit happened, or those connections with people turn into real conversations sometimes, then most of the time, then holy fuck, weeks have gone by of mostly pretty good stuff because you keep working, and this all takes fucking years, but in the end the chill comes.

bump'd

I feel like the chill never comes. I'm not comparing myself to anyone. I just feel alone. Vastly alone. I'm not a socially awkward kid who never had a girlfriend. I'm an adult. I have a super dark out look on everything. My fiance of 6 years cheated on me with some asshole she worked with, threw our entire life plan out the fucking door. I moved in with a friend, two months later our house burnt down, killing one of my two cats, the only things I cherish. I have friends, I have a job im semi decent looking but I just have no drive for anything. I use to paint and display art at a gallery downtown where I live, and now I dont even get out of bed. I go to work, I come home, I go to sleep and when it's really late at night, I just think about how much of nothing I have and how I'm slowly rotting and one of these days im going to die and my only legacy will be this long stretch of anxious , lonely years full of self loathing.

Shit motherfucker! You're depressed! Yeah man, I've been there done that. Had a girl, fucked me over, I was single and shitty for 8 years after that. Then finally, the slow slow slow steps I was taking added up and I caught a break, then I used that momentum and kept going, life is sweet again and I finally met someone I feel I can trust again. Go figure.

And just to be clear, I'm almost 40. Happy finally. Took long enough.

I don't know what makes me happy anymore. It's hard to make a touchdown when you don't have any cheerleaders. Bad analogy but you get the point

I have a house, and a job but I'm broke a majority of the time. The few friends I have are great, but it's also a normal friendship. One of those things where you dont let your deeper issues and problems show. They wouldn't know how to deal with it and ultimately will just push them away,I dropped out of high school, I don't have any family. I don't have anything really special about me going on. I feel like it's gonna be 40-50 years of this, every day and then i'm gonna die, which I imagine is like unplugging a tv screen. The picture goes black and there is nothing. So much nothing that nothing isn't even a thing.

The only thing that really keeps me going is this cute asshole. If i'm not here, who is gonna take care of my angel.

shameless self bump

That's right! Pussy power!

bumpd

alone

last bump because i'm starting to feel ridiculous for coming here in the first place.