Cucked by spotify

Just reached the song limit on spotify. I'm fucking pissed they would put a limit on the amount I can save. What's the point. All it does is punish your most dedicated users. Anyway, what's a different way to obtain music enmasse, because I listen to a lot, so I need a way to obtain and store a lot for a very minimal price. Also, ama I guess.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IT4udbOueJw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

why do you think anyone gives a shit

Get cucked streamer

How the fuck did you hit the song cap that easily?

get apple music, the limit is like 10 times what you get on spotify

read the sticky

>Streamfag btfo
It’s a just world

I asked a question to facilitate discussion. That's how some types of conversation work. You give background information, then ask for information, regarding your situation in an attempt to fix it.

>not pirating all your music in flac

you reap what you sow

Either OP has a large amount of music that they really enjoy, or they are saving albums they don't give a shit about for the sake of cataloging.

buy the product at the full price that the record label has determined reasonable in order to support creators and distributors

just listen to Evybug instead?

youtu.be/IT4udbOueJw

Delete some of it, I know you don't listen to all that shit. You're probably one of those fags that saves every album you hear about so you can say you have such an eclectic taste even if you don't like the music.

You streaming cuck, start downloading.

Upgrade your hard drive if you need more space. This is what you get for being stupid.

I knew it was too good to be true
I guess I listen to a lot of music. Been using it for about a year, and I consistently save new shit weekly. It's pretty easy to hit if you save entire discographies.
I use windows and the itunes app for windows is cruel and unusual punishment
Takes way too long and my internet isn't fast enough to download more than one album an hour. Also, where do I store all that shit? My 1 terabyte hd is almost full as it is.
I don't have that kind of money
I've listened to all of it, and I enjoy all of it. I don't save shit to "prove" anything. Nobody sees what I listen to but me

Haven't heard this before. This is pretty good. Thanks.

If your internet is that slow for downloading albums, then you have bigger problems. Upgrade your internet first. Maybe you have to upgrade whatever job you have. Anything to not be a streaming slave.

No prob bob. don't forget to Sub!

Upgrading my internet isn't really an option. I'm a unicuck and I live on campus, so I'm kind of forced to use their internet.

the true answer is google music

for literally free, you can upload 50,000 goddamn songs to the cloud, and listen literally everywhere. if space on your computer is an issue, just upload it and delete the local files, you can download it back off the website. truly the patrician solution

t. moot

Thisssssss.

>having listened to less than 50,000 songs
Get off this board you fucking normie

Haha yes, fellow Apple Music streamers, we truly are the most advanced (patrician) race! Have any of you true gentlemen heard DAMN by Kendrick Lamar? It's not available to STREAM on APPLE MUSIC

I ran out of room on my iphone.

>he uses windows
Pfffffhahahaha wew lad

use Napster m8

wait, does this include saving songs in playlists???

stop saving whole artists, pleb

Not OP but also happened to me and couldnt figure out how.
Then I realized that had like 5-6 box sets saved, also a lot of shit I had saved "just in case". Just deleted the box sets and made playlists with the good parts and stopped saving shit. Never had the problem again.
Since I have an artist account, i'm stuck with Spotify premium. Would switch to GPM but nahh, too much hassle considering I only use it like 3 times a day (on the bus to work and back)

>my 1 terabyte HD is almost full as it is
full of what? that's a lot of space
you can also get an external HD for not too much money if you really need more storage
also re:
is there a coffee shop or anything near you with free wi-fi? that's what I did to download music as a student, it's a lot harder to trace you too in the (very unlikely) event of some DMCA bullshit coming your way

wait so u can torrent off coffee shop wifi? :O

>there's still a song limit
I'm done being a streamcuck
kek
I'm too much of a brainlet for linux, but mac os makes me want to kill myself.
Yes
Don't really have a lot of box sets saved. I have 5 at most. I've listened to all my music and I enjoy it all.
I'm pretty stupid and save everything to the harddrive. I should probably move most of that extra shit to an external harddrive, and maybe use usb's for my music. As for the internet thing, yeah I can go to a coffee shop and see if the download speed is faster. I'll try that out later today.

download spotify premium APK duhh

What's the point in even saving things when you can take an extra two seconds to search the artist you want to listen to

not torrenting but I've successfully used soulseek in coffee shops and had pretty good download speed, yeah

I've had spotify premium for the past year or so. The limit is still there.

What if I forget what the artist is called? Or maybe I just like to have an inclusive list of options layed out right in front of me. Or maybe it's just more convenient.

That's that torrenting site from the 90's, right? Seems like it's kinda old and rundown, but I'll check it out.
What if I like whole artists?

It's definitely not more convenient to download every artist you have a barely passing interest in

>streamfags

That happened to me too. For Spotify, it's 10k.

I switched to Google Play Music, since the library limit is 50k. Plus I can upload my own music if it's not on GPM servers. I like that feature

what if i just make alt free accounts and compile music there then just follow the playlists on my main account?

Same shit happened to me and I switched to Google Play Music. It's basically Spotify but not shit and in a browser.

also have fun adding all of your music to a new stream site, whatever you choose. That shit took me like 3 hours.

Can't you create a playlist and save evrything there?

Linux is literally easier than W10.

bump

i'm 30 years old and never streamed in my life.
>soulseek/rutracker
>musicbee (takes up less space than itunes)
>tb of room on laptop
>2 tb external hard drive

thats the angriest image i have seen

google music

>needing to save music at all
you know you can just search any album that's on there and listen to it right?

of course, but if I like one thing by an artist, I'll check out more and more by them, and before long, I've got their entire discography saved.
I'm honestly feeling pretty fed up with streaming at this point. A limit on songs is still a limit. You'll hit it eventually.
you can do that, but I'm not one to want to pay more than $10 a month to some jews that limit the amount of songs I can save
still counts towards your song count. Only it's not catalogued by album and artist when it's in a playlist.
I'll look into it.
I'm the angriest person you've ever talked to. muh music exploration has been put on pause by the jews.

Why do you need to save shit? What's the difference between searching through a fuck huge saved list and searching the whole spotify library?

>using spotify and not amazon music

I like to have options when I'm looking for something to listen to. With a bunch of shit saved, I can look through and decide on something I'm in the mood for, that I wouldn't have just thought of off the top of my head. It's also a way to remember an artist who I haven't listened to a lot. I'll save an album or two by them after listening to them the first time, and when I'm looking through my library, I'll remember they exist and I might have the urge to listen to them again. Also, my internet's shit, so opening the "albums" tab and scrolling down to what I want to listen to is much more convenient that searching for the artist, going to their "albums" section, and clicking on the album. Also, I'm autistic and like to have all the shit I listen to in one place that's easily laid out and organized, instead of having to search.

>2 million songs on amazon vs 60 million songs on spotify
user, I don't know why I would ever want to use spotify over amazon

If you can't think of it off the top of your head, you probably aren't smart enough to appreciate the music you listen to anyways

If I lostened to it once for the first time like 3 months ago, and never listened to it again, I can't be assed to remember the name and artist, especially if it's long or in a language other than english. I listen to new shit every day. Do you seriously expect me to remember all that if I'm not continuously listening to it?

Delete some albums from your library you fuckwad, I'd be willing to bet you've listened to probably 30% of everything you've saved.
And if you don't use Spotify purely as a means to try music before downloading and for mobile use then you are legitmately retarded.
If you enjoy an album, delete it from Spotify and use soulseek. No reason to keep it wasting space in your song limit.

>using tydal b/c you're SOO relevant
last.fm?

Same
Cried myself to sleep because of ig

(((patrician)))

>m-muh 1TB HDD is full
>I'm done being a streamcuck
Well look you've got precisely two fucking options - shove them on an external HD or throw it all on GPM (50k song limit's not ideal, but it's for (((free))) and you can stream in 320mp3 instead of whatever lowest-common-denominator format spotify uses).

See , and for other smart anons.