be a 25 year old software programmer

> be a 25 year old software programmer
> work for about 2 years now
> I'm the only employee the company has
> I do it all from design to back-end
> Have been working 2 months, everyday (also weekend)
> Smoke also everyday in the night
> Today is my first day off

Damn I'm tired.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2fwBjXTRk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

salary?

Have a coke and smile and shut the fuck up

I can relate.
Under-appreciated.
Under-staffed.
Under-paid.

Don't go into IT boys.
You'll end up working for fucks that have a hard time turning on a computer.

2300 euro bruto, but I've a 10% share in the company and all it's profits.
So if we do any good then I can make about 40.000/50.000 a year. Still living here is hella expensive.

Give me a better career choice?

I actually like a lot about the work. except the retarded unlogical clients we have. Damn some people are just born to be stupid.

Yeah, adulting sucks. I manage a bar and I must have put in 70 hours last week. Ridiculously hard to get time off because the team I inherited are incompetent as fuck, I couldn't leave them alone for more than a few hours without something going disastrously wrong.

Fuck life. I just want to sit on my comfy ass sofa (which I paid a fucking fortune for and never get to use), play vidya and smoke weed. It's a simple dream.

Well when you are ready you can change your lives path a bit so you have more free time.

what happened to those EU overtime benefits bro?

Well I'm actually one of the few who doesn't really care about money. So all the overtime I do I don't write down. I just want to beast this application so I can be proud of myself.

So you do literally all the work and gain 10% of the profits.
What in the fuck?
Consider self-employment

Dont under estimate how important connections are. My boss is in the IT business for 30 years now. He finds all the customers who are willing to pay 30.000/40.000 for 1 application

Write it down, tell someone at the company. If you don't get paid then it's whatever but you need to have a record of the hours you put in. It'll benefit you later down the road, trust me.

Business.
>Your math classes are shit compared to Computer Science
>Your course load is pretty boring but any fucktard with half a brain and the will to complete the homework will succeed
>Minor in Accounting, if you do good in Accounting, move to become a CPA
Boring jobs but the pay is way better than anything in IT.

HND computer Science in 1985, systems analyst day rate for $1300, no profit share, no health insurance, no Taxes.... no worries

> I'm the only employee the company has
to do that work? or you are really the only employee??? it doesnt make sense

Yeah dude, I'm looking forward to being in a better financial position and then I can work a lot less.

Yea my friends also say I'm retarded with money, but I just want a good understanding with my boss. It also has benefits, I'm super free to do what I want and i'm only 25.

A good understanding?

Your boss has hit fucking paydirt, an employee with valued skills that wants to be paid like a store worker

It's a small company. My boss only does the client communication (he's 60 year old) and I'm the only IT guy now. The other one left some years ago and my boss wanted to give it one last try. So I'm now building a fully equipped application all by myself. With the planning, functional designs, front-end designs, back-end, security, databases, future plans etc.

it's not money really, your boss can chose to pay you more or not but he needs to know how hard you're working

I do netsec stuff and when attacks are mitigated, no one notices, but that's the point right? But the other people (bosses and higher ups) need to know what work you've done to make sure everything is running smoothly.

haha yea that's it. But I like being in that position. Just so people can be proud and shit.

Yea that's the problem with this business. Only when nobody notices anything, then you are doing your job. If there are problems with anything, then they will contact you. I see in my bosses eyes he's fet up with that also.

sounds like you have a prime opportunity to steal your employers business or I guess move up in the company as it grows..

So, let me get this straight...
All has has to do is communicate with clients, and he takes 90%? You get 10% for building his entire business and product?

Do you want a job in my bar? I'll let you sleep on the floor behind the bar and pay you in pork scratchings

But it also sounds like I'm not an asshole I try to be the best employee you can be. But if this doesn't work out the I probably hang myself. That's also a part of western society. It's depressing as hell. Can't even fucking move out of my parents house, with the work I do. That's how retarded expensive it is here. (Holland)

Yea truthfully I would say 50% is fair. He has also seen the hole in the market that can be filled with the application I'm making. But 10% is indeed not much for what I do. But if we make 500000 profit, then I will try to get some more.

what about robotic? i think im gonna choose it at the and of high school

You don't owe anything to your employer more than what you are required to do in your work. This attitude of doing free work will get you nowhere, you will become the paper bitch. Your boss is going to start expecting you to do unpaid work. Have a little self-respect. It's not about what you can bring to a company, it's about what a company is willing to do for your valued skills.

Your worries are absolutely true. But I'm also very real with my boss. If he would try to do anything like that, I will immediate stop all my work. I don't give a fuck anyway so he must watch out for that.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mb2fwBjXTRk

Welcome fellow wage slave

Depending on the job market in your area this attitude could fuck you in the ass.

Hey, what do you do?

Yea the funny thing is I could make a lot more, good young software programmers are rare to find. I just like to give a smaller company the benefit of this. I get payed back in a stable good emotional relationship and the understanding what I do is unique.

The dude obviously has the skills to get a job anywhere that has a decent computing industry. Where I live (UK) employers will bid for good technicians and admins, he has a skill and there are plenty of firms that will pay over the odds for said skills. No need to grovel for cornmeal when you have a key to a job anywhere in the civilised world.