Certainly we can agree on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEURntrQOg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

70s > 90s > 60s > 00s > 80s > 10s

>10s >>> 00s
Excuse me? How can anyone put this decade so ahead of a pretty good one like the 00s?

It's until this decade that popular music became semi-tolerable again

>popular music
If we're only talking about pop then the 80s need to be on the bottom

But 00 had Futuresex//Lovesounds

What does this decade have?

EMOTION

t. nu-males

80s = 90s >>> 10s > 70s >>> 60s > 00s

60's > 10's = 70's > 90's => 80's >>> 2000's

60s>best part of the 90s>>>best part of the 80s>>s>ss>>>>>>>>worst part of the 80s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>worst part of the 90s

>all this 60s worship
I'll rather take 2000s indie/garage revival thanks

t. brainlet

80s > 90s > 70s > 60s > 00s ~=~ 10s

80s 4 post-punk/new wave, synth pop, ethereal wave, jangle pop, hardcore punk & early emo, noise rock, post-hardcore, lotta good metal

90s for shoegaze, black metal, emo, boom bap, IDM & EDM

70s for early post-punk & punk, ambient, metal, early electronic

60s for psych, prog/kraut, a lot of good cool jazz

00s has a lot of good indie, 2010s has PC music & vaporwave (things i actually like)

in the end theres no point in ranking this shit who cares

You're fetishising an age that didn't have that many good acts my friend. Aside from obvipisly Beatles (and was VU 60s?) it had a few nice pop stuff and good jazz, that's about it.

Are we ranking this retroactively? Because 90s was only good for people with cable, internet or living in a big city with alternative radio.

60s>70s>90s>10s>80s>00s

>2010s > anything
>2000s < anything
>implying OP isn't skinny with a beard and tattoos

70s = 80s > 60s = 2010s > 90s = 2000s

I'd flip the 70s and 10s but otherwise spot on.

80s were the best. While it officially started in the late 70s, the 80s were the years that industrial thrived

80s>70s=60s>00s>90s>10s

Early 1990s were amazing. Guns N' Roses, RHCP, Radiohead, Nirvana, etc. But by the time 1999 or 2000 got around, music sucked. I truly believe the 90s was the last stand of music.

Also, the 1980s have to get some credit too. The innovations of the 1970s and 1980s is what inspired a lot of people to start bands that later became popular in the late 80s/early 90s

the only thing good to come out of the 90s was hip-hop and electronic music

>Early 1990s were amazing. Guns N' Roses, RHCP, Radiohead, Nirvana,

The list goes on...

There's good and bad music in every decade you fucking spergs, try not being so closed minded

Fuck off

At least we all agree the 2000s were fucking wretched.

2000s revival in 3 years user

80's > 10's > 60's >> 70's > 90's >>> 00's

fuck no, 2000s is one of the best decades for electronic

I think sometimes people listen to Is This It by the Strokes like "I don't get it; this isn't that good," but you have to understand that before the Strokes, the 1997-2004 period was basically one long uninterrupted episode of a white guy in an upside-down visor calling you a queer for not headbanging to a guy with a soul patch playing heavy metal slap bass.

Every day was a horror.

00s > 10s > 90s > 70s > 60s

80s don't even register for me

is this a rap thing? seems like a rap thing

i have almost no rap in my library, listen to a lot of downtempo electronic and rock

Cuck

fpbp

60s probably had the least bad stuff. Like you think of "cheesy 80s music" or "cheesy 90s music" and you have this distinctive sound of music you probably wouldn't unironically listen to, wheras when you think "cheesy 60s music" you think of stuff like this which honestly isn't that bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=9ZEURntrQOg

The 2000s are objectively the worst decade for music. I mean, how many critically acclaimed buzz artists from the 2000s do we still talk about? Arcade Fire and maybe Sufjan Stevens? Most people would associate Radiohead more with the 90s.

Nobody talks about Broken Social Scene, TV on the Radio, Wolf Parade, The Rapture, Hot Chip, or Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah anymore. Even the couple of artists that started picking up steam late in the decade and early into the 10s (Deerhunter, Fleet Foxes, Dirty Projectors, Bon Iver, Passion Pit etc.) have completely faded into irrelevancy.

Every decade had it's fair share of artists that continued to be remembered fondly, discussed, acclaimed, and listened to in later years, with the exception of the 2000s.

>talking about artists and not albums
>Radiohead's 2000s output counts towards the 90s
what the frig dude

70s > 80s > 00s > 90s > 60s > 10s

all these cucks ranking 00s so high, what gives? crimson pill me on that.

yeah it fucking sucked

hyper-masculine five-string-bass-playing barbed-wire-tattooed boneheads on one end

sweater-vest-wearing asexual bespectacled sensitive guys looking for a manic pixie dream girl on the other

we're lucky to have survived

and female musicians weren't invented yet according to you

90s>70s>00s=10s=60s>80s

70s music was generally bland and shitty

Karen O and Peaches on one end

J Lo, Fergie, and Madonna 2.0 on the other

90s>70s>00s>60s>80s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>s

1970's > 1960's > 1990's > 2000's > 1950's > 2010's.

Of course this is largely based on how significant each decade was in terms of releases and innovation - if we were to judge by sheer quantity the 2010's would be ranked first due to the extensive use of Bandcamp, Soundcloud and other platforms to release music without a label resulting in significantly more artists achieving popularity than before. However based on innovation the 2010's has had virtually nothing that hasn't already been done (feel free to challenge this point) nor will it be anywhere near as influential as the decades before it; this decade has yet to produce a Stockhausen or Velvet Underground, even artists like Beach House and Death Grips which have achieved both commercial success and critical acclaim have not produced a full-blown masterpiece nor a consistent string of albums that could be ranked among the very best. The 1950's and early 1960's are also particularly overlooked and its a shame that many who initially browse this board miss out on artists such as Count Basie and Stan Getz, though alas it is understandable.

More like

60s>70s>80s>90>00s>10s

None of them have been a bad decade though

idk man, I havent heard anything beat 60's the Piper at the Gates of Dawn and 00's Frances the Mute. Everything is shit compared

90s>60s>70s>2010s>2000s>50s>40s>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>s

Speak for yourself mate. The 00s were awesome, I still blast Wilco, Dirty Projectors (Bitte Orca is a fucking masterpiece), Radiohead, The National, Shins, YYYs, Songs:Ohia, Bright Eyes, Outkast, Kanye's 00s output, Hova, M.I.A., and a shit ton of other artists from that era on my headphones.

This is correct I think. 60s and 70s might be flippable depending on the person, but spot on.

00s were the best decade

crazy frog, fast food rockers, the list goes on

>shoegaze and dream-pop
>black metal
>a bunch of great indie albums

*tips flannel*

Grimes

ty my guy

Sounds about right.

90's sucked for pop music. it was all that shitty rap/rock crossover crap like Korn and Limp Bizkit or similarly shitty grunge music. truly awful

90's alternative was pretty good for the most part

>80s pop is the worst pop

bob dylan, van morrison, captain beefheart, doors, bob dylan, rolling stones, vu, zappas best stuff, etc...

>10s popular music is tolerable

so rock has been better in the last 17 years than it was from 1960-1999? jesus christ fuck Sup Forums contrarians

90's>00's>10's>70's>80's>60's

ew god no

fuck off 60's / 70's pleb

you think daddy's gonna love you more cause you're sucking his ass about shitty classic rock bands?

GNR/Twisted Sister/Kiss were all really popular but weren't pop and they were all dogshit tier

Appetite for Destruction is a rock achievement you contrarian nerd.

>not listening to funk and reggae
found the pleb

>90's better than anything.
No, never.

The 90s was a wasteland of garbage, I remember, I grew up then.

Dont you ever fucking even implying the 90s were anything other than the musical equivalent of a dumpter fire raping babies just so that it can get off from infecting them with AIDS

>imagining opinions to get mad at that don't actually exist
why tho

90s>70s>10s>60s>>>>>>>>>s==00s
the amount of people defending this uninspired synthshit is scary.

Shoegaze and dream pop are from the late 80's, mate. They're in a super weird spot, though, early 90's-late 80's, though I'd put them more of a halfway through spot.

But even if it was born in the 80s, the 90s has a ton of good releases.

Agreed

>90s
>better than anything

This synth shit is also making a come back EXTREMELY hard. Spotify has become infested with it. I already know spotify is pretty ass but damn.. That discover playlist.. sssssaaaaammmeee 80s rip offs.

60s are massively overrated as a musical decade. The 2nd half of the decade is amazing, but the first half's only saving grace was jazz.

Kanye was a popular artist during The 00s so the 00s are obviously the best

first time i see someone so proudly displaying their shit taste

60's > 90's > 70's > 80's > 50's > 00's > 10's
>60's: shitload of jazz greats, also rock and pop going from the very basics to some of the best albums ever concieved, minimalism, musique concrete and electronic in classical, meanwhile you also had blues making something of an impact early on and later funk and soul starting off with a bang
>90's: classics in pretty much every genre; on top of that, influences from just about everywhere thanks to the rise of the internet as time went by create an incredibly diverse music scene: post-hardcore's era of glory and the spawn of many of its off-shots such as math rock, emo and to a lesser extent post-rock; shoegaze's apex; alternative rock seizing over the radio with influences ranging from power pop to noise rock; electronic music truly breaks into mainstream with everything from jungle to garage to IDM to techno to house; hip-hop's rise to the mainstream bringing with it innovations, also bringing some of the genre's finest moments; jazz and classical have something of a revival thanks to internet availability
>70's: the birth of metal, prog rock's greatest peaks, the birth of punk over the world, as well as the beginning of post-punk; jazz fusion takes off, as do soul and funk; the birth of ambient; krautrock soaring; glam rock making an impact early on and later dying off, power pop has a lasting impact on this era as well; minimalism reaches its maximum heights
>80's: hardcore punk and noise rock; post-punk splattering into thousands of different genres bubbling up just below the pop eye; metal's earliest developments; the rise of synths in music, later, the sampler takes off as well; the rise of hip hop and electronic music as we know it thanks to it
>50's: recordings finally take off; the fall of bebop and the rise of everything following in its footsteps, the rebirth of big band; the birth of musique concrete and electronic in classical; blues goes electric, and gets into the mainstream, giving birth to rock

(cont.)
>00's: rock's final moments in the mainstream, revolving around dance-punk mostly, but also fusion with rap and electronic music; hip-hop starts to take over the mainstream while electronic music gets heavily incorporated elsewhere, becoming ubiquituous in clubs and later pop and hip-hop; meanwhile, on the underground rock develops mostly through post-rock and similars, while metal rises again in the "underground" as many, many styles develop; prog makes something of a renaissance around here, and post-hardcore goes as far as it can
>10's: rock is no longer in the mainstream; hip-hop has taken over, with rapidly different forms; the birth of "post-ironism" with vaporwave eventually leads to cloudrap and later soundcloudrap, which ironically brings back rock influences; 80's pop revivalism becomes extremely common for a while; meanwhile, there's a shoegaze and an emo rebirth that die off soon after

60's>80's=70's>2000's>90's>2010's

00>90>10>everything else

t. agelet

it depends on what music in each decade you're looking at.
for example, if we're going by mainstream, the 80's and 10's come in at the bottom of my list for what should be obvious reasons.

to spell it out for the 80's, i'm just not a fan of glam rock, hair metal, power ballads, neon superficiality and gated snare on fucking everything.

but at the same time, what was underground during the 80's paved the way for the 90's, which had so much shit that i constantly listen to on repeat. apart from the bubblegum pop that came in later, i mean, there's only so much you can listen to that ironically before it wears thin.

i'd put the 00's before the 10's, probably because along with the 90's, 00's music is what i grew up with, and the early 00's contained echoes of the 90's, even if somewhat diminished. Dido, anyone? also, post-grunge is kinda my guilty pleasure. staind, puddle of mudd, seether etc, i have my moments.

>it was all that shitty rap/rock crossover crap like Korn and Limp Bizkit or similarly shitty grunge music. truly awful
in america only

in the rest of the world it was eurodance and boy band/girl band groups the occasional good rnb outfit

>90s
best for bleep-bloops

>80s
best for pop

>70s
best for funk and rnb

>60s
best for rock music

>00s
best for unoriginality

>10s
best for insincerity, worst at everything else

80s >>>>>> everything else

s
>best for pop

what fucking drugs are you on?

s
>best for rock music

60's rock was still tame as fuck. all jingle jangle "and then i held her hand (la la la) and asked her dad (la la la) if i could marry her (la la la)"

Defend the 80s without mentioning pop music.

80s=70s>90s>60s>2000s>2010s

Advent of multiple sub genres of metal, solid punk scene, etc.

late 60's stuff like garage rock and baroque pop and the like is the best and perhaps only good thing to come out of rock music

Punk, thrash and 1st wave black metal, noise rock, post-punk

well, we clearly have different musical taste so i guess we just have to leave it at that.

this is the only objectively correct answer.