Trap producing

Fuck all the "intelligent" music elitist bullshit. Soundcloud trap thread, let's fucking go.

soundcloud.com/elliot-alden-778380528/bwang-bwang-drill

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nvrrePT-uVY
soundcloud.com/elliot-alden-778380528/magnum97
soundcloud.com/ezzyland/oqggzydolbgw
soundcloud.com/cookineggs/klog-hillary-clinton-prod-slight
soundcloud.com/serial-chillerr/tracks
soundcloud.com/deleralo/roseberry
clyp.it/enkwvwq5
youtu.be/g_DIclzR-nU?t=28s
soundcloud.com/stvshboi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_Pump
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Garrix
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler,_The_Creator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Sweatshirt
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Keef
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeon
soundcloud.com/eliskrubs/water-on-cardboard
soundcloud.com/tropox/oar-wip
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yeeahhh, no youtube.com/watch?v=nvrrePT-uVY

Wonder what the post says

trap music production is just an inherently valuable as any other genre... but often encounters the same issues as trap "lyricists," namely recycling existing tropes with little to no additional innovation

...not speaking to you specifically ofc, but trap producers in general should take a lesson from other hiphop producers and include more diverse/unique samples and sounds in their composition

I really dont work with sampling often, i find it pretty damn hard to find good ones and do what i want to them. Here is one track i Made using sampling though.

soundcloud.com/elliot-alden-778380528/magnum97

nice quads

sorry to make yall feel bad

soundcloud.com/ezzyland/oqggzydolbgw

>git gud

OP here, technically superior to me. Not my type of music tho

I'll just leave this here
soundcloud.com/cookineggs/klog-hillary-clinton-prod-slight

soundcloud.com/serial-chillerr/tracks

>fuckyouall

soundcloud.com/deleralo/roseberry
>"Good"

Really like the halloween beat

clyp.it/enkwvwq5

What do you guys think of the only trap beat I've ever made?

lmao dumb trap poster can't learn an instrument or break out of one genre

>can be 17 and top charts
>only need to know minimal "theory"
>plays the typing keyboard
>takes one good track and lots of marketing
>???
profit

is that girl gertting pissed on?

good luck faggot, see how that pans out

I don't know, but whatever it is I sure find it a turn on.

youtu.be/g_DIclzR-nU?t=28s

how does one obtain such an 808

EQ, Filters, compression

>trap producing
>none of these trashy beats would work on pic related
kys yourself

thanks, nice and descriptive.

pop-hop white boys. if your white just make some noise music or something. this is really embarrassing

soundcloud.com/stvshboi

check out my trap/phonk tracks aye

in eq, bring up the lower ranged frequencies, test around to find which spaces work with whichever given kick/808 you are using. slightly lower the high ends.

in filtering, use a high pass filter on the kick or 808. than turn the filter all the way down, than work your way back up until you hear the cut off happening, leave it right there, or a tad lower to where you just about don hear ANY difference being made.

comp, view your kick or 808 in thr mixer. see where its hittin DB wise. match your threashold on the compresser with that number. make your ratio 4:1. than adjust the gain accordingly.

make a 808, than save it and go listen to different music for awhile, than come back to it and see how you feel. mind you wont get exactly the sound your looking for as your music probably isnt being mastered, and thsts where big differences in the subtly of these kicks really hit

with regards to the EQing, what's the point in putting on a high pass on an 808 in this situation?
Do you mean low pass? I dont understand

highpass will clean up some low and that isnt really heard but will make the 808 less distinct. lowpass can be used in the same manner, turn it all the way down than back up till you hear a difference

>lowpass
>turn it all the way down than back up till you hear a difference
By all the way down do you essentially mean the filter being turned off (really high cutoff frequency) or all frequencies being cut off?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lil_Pump
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martin_Garrix
(see release of Animals)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyler,_The_Creator
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earl_Sweatshirt
(see Bastard)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chief_Keef
(shitty early career)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madeon
(avid forum-goer who posted earliest works)

All of the above I've enjoyed some track from them, only learning afterwards that they were still in high school when they made it.

soundcloud.com/eliskrubs/water-on-cardboard

i guess this is trap?
Having a hard time making good distorted 808's

Here's something that will crush your dreams but will inspire you. Go to youtube and type in prod and sort by last hour. There are thousands of uploads every hour of people trying to get their beats out there. You have to do something really unique or make the right connections to make it anywhere.

till the frequencies relative to the low or high pass arent heard. again its just to get rid of the extra space beyond given freq to open the mix up

soundcloud.com/tropox/oar-wip
someone said trap?

Yes, issa dude tho

Been playing guitar for five years. Played Thrash, neoclassical and even jazz fusion. Wanted to make music with alot of energy but convey it differently, so i got into trap. So fuck off faggot

gearslutz