Why does /mu seem to hate on red hot chilli pepers?

why does /mu seem to hate on red hot chilli pepers?

Because they're shit

It's not hate really
Just indifference

I don't, I just hate Kiedis

because half their discography is without genius John Frusciante, and Kiedis’ lyrics (aside from stadium, passable album) are lame blasé shock rock-type

Lyrically he peaked on By The Way, what r u on about

you know what, yes. i will agree.

Reddit Hot Chili Peppers

/thread

why do people hate Kiedis?

Contrarianism like
They are a fine band, I'm not sure if I'm biased but they have many solid releases, John, Flea and Chad had some of the greatest chemistry ever and are all fantastic at what they play and Anthony's dumb lyrics aren't enough to make them a bad band.

whenever I hear Keidis explain his lyrics it makes more sense and I appreciate the song more

Also forgot to say that they are an incredible live band.

A terrible band that John wasted his time in.

I like them enough. Everyone who plays bass should forget their pretension and learn some Flea basslines. At the very least they are fun as fuck to play.

I never really personally felt like his singing or lyrics were a problem (maybe because I don't care about vocals) but a lot of people like to bring up the argument.

Their self-titled was good. Freaky Styley was fine. TUMPP was alright. Mother's Milk was good. Blood Sugar Sex Magik was getting ffy. It was around their One Hot minute and Californication days where they got all wishy-washy.
Also, they're a one-trick-pony. Well...two.
They have their tunes like Californication which are slow paced and hippy as fuck, and then you got their punk funk rock stuff, which is very, very repetitive. Recycling the same shit every time. Old dog, old tricks.

Iffy*

>self-titled good
>UMPP alright
I don't understand, the debut is easily weaker.

l remember in like the early 00s telling my 6yr older-than-me brother that emit remmus is summer time backwards, and blowing his fuckin mind. Great song.

Don't Forget Me is a modern masterpiece

I guess it is weaker, it had less punch anyway. But every song on Mofo Party Plan sounded way too similar

Maybe it's because Sup Forums prefers Mr Bungle and other Patton projects. Sure, you could enjoy both, but a lot of Bungle fans seem to just hate on the Chili Peppers merely because of that dumb feud.
I prefer Patton over Keidis, but that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy both.
I think that RHCP gotten weaker as the years went on. Their new album wasn't too bad though.

NO JOHN
NO PARTY

Anthony Kiedis rights some nice lyrics and rhymes. raps and sings bretty gud.

John Frusciante is a great guitar player. he is very creative and spiritually driven.

Flea plays the heck out of the bass. great bass lines and grooves. awesome sense of rhythm

chad smith is a good drummer. gets the job done.

i love the rhcp and think they are fantastic

you just blew my mind wtf

Dude

how did i never know this

Because he's shit. Shit lyricist, shit singer, fronting one of the biggest rock bands in the world, standing in front of Flea and John Frusciante who are genuinely talented musicians. Keidis' list for success is what seems to have pushed John out of the band, so instead of making fun rock records, RHCP seem to have moved into the bland popularity seeking direction. If Keidis stayed in his shitty rap-rock shtick, RHCP would be more acceptable, but instead he wants to poorly sing his poorly written lyrics over boring mediocre music so that they can be the biggest band in the world. And mediocrity is the greatest sin of all.

Right, because John wrote half the songs on there.

frusciante didn't write the lyrics for the Red Hot Chili Peppers

How could he have written anything on the S/T? He didn't join the band for half a decade.

They've gotten worse with each release, starting with Californication. Before that they had been at least somewhat interesting. But the energy kept slipping away, replaced with that boring alt-rock sound.

I will never not love this band.

alright joey calm down

Because they took a shit on Mr. Bungle