/classical/

Jews make the best pianists edition
youtube.com/watch?v=FVz2vffEKYM

>General Folder #1. Renaissance up to 20th century/modern classical. Also contains a folder of live recordings/recitals by some outstanding performers.
mega.co.nz/#F!mMYGhBgY!Ee_a6DJvLJRGej-9GBqi0A
>General Folder #3. Mostly 20th century/modern with other assorted bits and pieces
mega.co.nz/#F!Y8pXlJ7L!RzSeyGemu6QdvYzlfKs67w
>General Folder #4. Renaissance up to early/mid-20th century. Also contains a folder of Scarlatti sonate and another live recording/recital folder.
mega.co.nz/#F!kMpkFSzL!diCUavpSn9B-pr-MfKnKdA
>General Folder #5. Renaissance up to late 19th century
mega.co.nz/#F!ekBFiCLD!spgz8Ij5G0SRH2JjXpnjLg
>General Folder #6. Very eclectic mix
mega.co.nz/#F!O8pj1ZiL!mAfQOneAAMlDlrgkqvzfEg
>General Folder #7. Too lazy to write up a description for this, but it has a little of everything
mega.nz/#F!pWR0zABY!xCwF1rEfXiyEy5HuhTDP0Q
>General Folder #8. The user who made this loves the yellow piss of DG on his face. Also there's some other stuff in here.
mega.nz/#F!DlRSjQaS!SzxR-CUyK4AYPknI1LYgdg
>Renaissance Folder #1. Mass settings
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
>Renaissance Folder #2. Motets and madrigals (plus Leiden choirbooks)
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
>Debussy. There is an accompanying chart, available on request.
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
>Opera Folder. Contains recorded video productions of about 10 well-known operas, with a bias towards late Romantic
mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
>Random assortment of books on music theory and composition, music history etc.
mega.nz/#F!HsAVXT5C!AoFKwCXr4PJnrNg5KzDJjw

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H2FHURBmF6M
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_classical_composers
youtube.com/watch?v=ThQSxVajxo8
youtube.com/watch?v=tby5aMrMu6Q
youtube.com/watch?v=0tImDKORu0c
youtube.com/watch?v=skJeqq2FyjE
youtube.com/watch?v=mMgd8a370qA
youtube.com/watch?v=9NRsM8e2hgE
youtube.com/watch?v=c9PgZJbP5lU
youtube.com/watch?v=6VAwFGTa5rs
youtube.com/watch?v=9Rl9afYwB4I
youtube.com/watch?v=yeaCjyxrgGY
youtube.com/watch?v=EKh-BrboL2c
youtube.com/watch?v=gdsgKp-ku0k
youtube.com/watch?v=NWCXo0oRtoc
youtube.com/watch?v=MPSSx4jYEmg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8RgTk2ZiF8
youtube.com/watch?v=wLL1W3yha_A
youtube.com/watch?v=HUh_MYu69t4
youtube.com/watch?v=zYikuVAUUTY
c.lewd.se/Yj7aGu_SCHUBERTSymphonyNo.9-2ndmvt.-Andanteconmoto.mp3
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
youtube.com/watch?v=_fzO7Oyk4UM
youtube.com/watch?v=4mTaBlViVy0
youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5HuYAaqY8
youtube.com/watch?v=u0GlLJcThug
youtube.com/watch?v=2OAWlfIsDhE
youtube.com/watch?v=xIpSNMQZH9M
youtube.com/watch?v=9XiYrzsgWto
youtube.com/watch?v=LzRwhyeNVGE
classicalmusiconly.com/list/classical-music-for-beginners-5da4d815
youtube.com/watch?v=TO3YRZWLvQo
youtube.com/watch?v=SZxjtuvnTNc
youtube.com/watch?v=WfEoqzTuoYo
youtube.com/watch?v=4qF8IbGIIto
youtube.com/watch?v=GVEXGAZVZPk
youtube.com/watch?v=EWRrbqxU_Wc
youtube.com/watch?v=tf66uo9tHU8
youtube.com/watch?v=stDVbgriNQY
youtube.com/watch?v=exN_pTylv2s
youtube.com/watch?v=hEQTKIToF5M
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Who were some Jewish composers I know Schoenberg was but I can't think of anyone else (to my knowledge)

Also no love for the Jewish opera singers
youtube.com/watch?v=H2FHURBmF6M

mahler
Mendelssohn
steve reich
philip glass

off the top of my head

Mendelssohn
Mahler
Glass
Bernstein
Feldman
Gershwin
Reich

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Jewish_classical_composers

of course, feldman
most jewish looking composer out there

>The main theme of the second movement [in Schubert's 2nd piano trio] was used as one of the central musical themes in Stanley Kubrick's 1975 film Barry Lyndon. It has also been used in a number of other films, including... Dear White People
How will CLT ever recover?

I forgot about Reich and Glass. I just looked it up and I never knew Ligeti was a jew. It looks like there are more 20th century standards composers/writers that are Jewish than other composers.

Obviously you can't solely go off google but there are 50 listed and only 9 died before 1900

also whats your guy's take on John Zorn (on the topic of Jewish composers)

I'll check that out, thanks :)

Zorn isn't worth the time, but if someone else finds his music interesting then good for them.

I used to love him, but if I'm being honest he's been pissing me off lately. I think his biggest insult is he has 6 albums a year and they are basically the same thing over and over. Plus I think it's gimmicky to call yourself a composer and have album after album where you don't actually write any real music and leave the performers to play the music and come up with it

I can see on occasion or for the experiment to push your boundaries, but it's kind of bullshit. Plus all the genres he dabbles in, post 1990, feel like watered down versions of their respected genre

>>[citation needed]
My fucking high school textbook

Weiss

youtube.com/watch?v=ThQSxVajxo8

>be in shitty amateur quartet with 2 Tracys
>class concert coming up
>we don't even have a permanent cellist
>ask if they wanna play 1st movement of borodin's 2nd SQ, which lasts 8 minutes
>"but it's too long :(" said 2nd violinist
I don't think they even like classical music, let alone know that string quartet is a genre. Only reason I haven't quit is because in my country I am at last year of "high school" and they are the only other string players in the class. The rest of the class are into pop meme shit. It's such a shame because being in an actual string quartet is the most amazing experience. Once that fucking 2nd violinist brought warm lunch to the practice session, so we had to wait for her to eat then spend our actual lunch time practicing. She even dared asking me if we could switch 1st and 2nd because she is just that dumb (I am clearly the best string player of us). Hopefully when I begin at a real music school I get to meet other people who are interested in music. How was your high school music experience, guys?

i play piano so i got to play solo pieces
i also played the bass in my school's jazz band which was very fun and was probably the only time in my life where i felt i had a purpose

TradStacy = Tracy

>also whats your guy's take on John Zorn
at his best he's very good

Lute music is so comfy.

We never settled whether waltz is degenerate in the previous /classical/ thread.
youtube.com/watch?v=tby5aMrMu6Q
(8:23)

Bump.
youtube.com/watch?v=0tImDKORu0c
youtube.com/watch?v=skJeqq2FyjE
youtube.com/watch?v=mMgd8a370qA

Bach

youtube.com/watch?v=9NRsM8e2hgE

What the fuck was Stockhausen's problem

Wasn't as good as Dockstader

Was Stockhausen the Nick Land of classical?

Bloch
Weill
Copland

Let's post some great classical album covers

I'll start

I didn't realize how pretty Haskil was when she was young
youtube.com/watch?v=c9PgZJbP5lU

Milhaud was a proud tribesman. Not an excellent composer, but very talented.

What about unpopular Stacy? Daisy? Lacy?

Pastry

It was settled. The guy asking the question was too retarded to understand though.

Generally people who use the word "degenerate" are retarded so no surprises there.

youtube.com/watch?v=6VAwFGTa5rs

post your favourite historical recording

give me your most feelsome slow movements

i want to experience an emotion

>tfw you will never squeeze her giant Khazar milkers

>butthurt nigger
no surprises here

tfw no emotion
I know it

youtube.com/watch?v=9Rl9afYwB4I
youtube.com/watch?v=yeaCjyxrgGY

Besides all the already named, Michael Nyman is of Jewish origin too.
I don't think he is religiously Jewish, or even culturally, tho.

Why are Jewish women so God damn beautiful, guys? Why does Satan do this to me?

I truly believe is because the men make them that way to distract us Goys. But yeah, I also probably just have a Jewish fetish along side my British one

Danish music
youtube.com/watch?v=EKh-BrboL2c

Danish music
youtube.com/watch?v=gdsgKp-ku0k

I think you're linking looks with religious belief / nationality / ethnicity when really you shouldn't They are as beautiful and hideous as any other religion / nationality / ethnicity.

Try to stay on topic. This is /classical/. Post classical or get out

youtube.com/watch?v=NWCXo0oRtoc

Hey, everyone, I'm an absolute newfag to /classical/, to be completely honest. Where should I start? I've noticed the Mega folders, should I just start listening from the first one onwards? What happened to General Folder #2? Also, do you consider mastering music theory important or fundamental in any way to appreciate classical music? If so, are the books contained within those folders enough? I have an intermediate level of music theory knowledge. Thanks for your patience.

I somewhat disagree. Jewish people have made some good music, in terms of their folk music. And some if the scales they use are really interesting sounding. Which pertains to classical music

youtube.com/watch?v=MPSSx4jYEmg
youtube.com/watch?v=Y8RgTk2ZiF8
youtube.com/watch?v=wLL1W3yha_A
youtube.com/watch?v=HUh_MYu69t4
youtube.com/watch?v=zYikuVAUUTY

>says only post music related stuff
>states an opinion on a non-music topic
guess how I know you're a nigger

go to youtube.com
put in headphones
click on a video

Just take a community college course to get your toes wet

c.lewd.se/Yj7aGu_SCHUBERTSymphonyNo.9-2ndmvt.-Andanteconmoto.mp3

>I'm an absolute newfag to /classical/
Everyday on Sup Forums there's about ten anons asking how to get into classical. Someone should add a section in the OP for this.
Not me, I'm lazy.

I used to just give them the old CLT image, but I lost it

Also, General Folder #2:
>General Folder #2. Mostly Romantic up to 20th century/modern, but also includes recordings of music by Bach, Mozart and others
mega.co.nz/#F!lIh3GRpY!piUs-QdhZACFt2hGtX39Rw
disappeared from the OP because the link is not valid. Someone should update it.

they can just google it instead of looking to be spoon fed the official red pill approved recommendations

I don't think the person who maintained that mega is around anymore, because it was pointed out for a few threads until I removed it.

Found this

...and this.

del

Fine.

i'm sorry

You don't have to be. I understand. I deleted them myself. Have a nice day.

Here is how I did it
Beethoven -> Mozart -> Handel+bach+vivaldi -> random composers

Listen to the most famous tunes and watch related movies like Amadeus and try to find the soundtrack again on youtube. Browse /classical/ and listen to the links posted.

Brahms

youtube.com/watch?v=_fzO7Oyk4UM

Look up Erwin Schulhoff, I like his trio for bass, viola and flute. His career was sadly cut short by hitler’s ovens

>voicing of piano hammers manually with tiny needle instead of replacing the hammer with standardized material of choice.
are tuners larping as 19th century craftsmen?

My country has a national classical radio station. Should I listen to it or is radio as bad for classical music as it is for other genres?

Depends, Britain has two, one is shit the other is pretty good. But you are better off just browsing youtube usually.

Depends on the station. Try listening to it.

childhood is classic fm
adulthood is radio 3

cheeky bit of faure
youtube.com/watch?v=4mTaBlViVy0

youtube.com/watch?v=Fa5HuYAaqY8

youtube.com/watch?v=u0GlLJcThug

bumpzold

youtube.com/watch?v=2OAWlfIsDhE

Enjoying Die Shopfung for the first time this afternoon

youtube.com/watch?v=xIpSNMQZH9M

Brahms - Cello Sonata No.1 is one of the works I am sure I listened to more than 1000 times

the first mov is especially something sweet and classy in a melancholic way

youtube.com/watch?v=9XiYrzsgWto

Rameau

youtube.com/watch?v=LzRwhyeNVGE

What do you anons enjoy the most about classical music? I've been listening to a lot lately, and while I enjoy some, most don't appeal much to me.
Maybe I focus too much on rhythm and tempo? I noticed a lot of players will start at a normal tempo and slow down in the middle of it, and speed back up, repeatedly; and it's in places that don't seem to make much sense either, instead of at the end, or during a climax. Is this in the piece itself, or are the notes difficult to follow after one another, or the musician's own inflection on it?

listen for major works that are easy for beginners
for example see this list
classicalmusiconly.com/list/classical-music-for-beginners-5da4d815

Thanks, checking it out now.

usually it's the musician's own choice. it's called "rubato" and some performers do too much

> Mahler was Jewish

How can you not know, his music is all about being a jew

What I enjoy the most is when operas and symphonies and whatever just fucking blast you with intensity and volume. There is no other place you can access those emotions other than a really great piece at it's peak.

>What I enjoy the most is when operas and symphonies and whatever just fucking blast you with intensity and volume

stupid, irrelevant frogposter

There is nothing wrong with what I said.

You don't think that's a very surface-level way of appreciating music?

>irrelevant
Certainly no more than you. Heck, I have my own page on IMDb! ;^) What about you, what would make you relevant?

have you guys seen The Pianist?

>You don't think that's a very surface-level way of appreciating music?
No? Why would it be? I don't have to ramble on about music theory and be pretentious to describe what I like best. I like the emotional peaks of long pieces, I like it when the dynamics are loud and it cuts through all the intellectuality and cuts right to the heart. I like the intricacies and subtlety of classical music too but I would be lying if I said that was what I liked best. I'm not here to impress people on the internet with how advanced my tastes are or anything, I like when the whole orchestra and the singer (if there is one) is giving it all in the emotional peak of the performance. That's what I like best, and that was the question. I also occasionally eat fast food, too. I guess I am a pleb, then.

Hi I'm Messiaen and I like birds.

me 2
youtube.com/watch?v=TO3YRZWLvQo

No, but I heard it is good with Debussy

I can't really explain why. I mean I like how it can change when playing. one minute you could be playing in 4/4 then the piece can change to 3/4/ or 6/8 and you just have to be prepared. it can also start at a b flat concert scale and the piece can just change it up to a c concert scale. Not to mention how the pace can change.

hi friends i also enjoy the company of our wonderful avian companions
youtube.com/watch?v=SZxjtuvnTNc
youtube.com/watch?v=WfEoqzTuoYo

Wtf I love the organ now???
youtube.com/watch?v=4qF8IbGIIto

>I like it when the vocalist just screams as loud as he can. the emotional content is just unmatched

some people unironicly believe this.

redpill me on Monteux

other than Stravinsky what should I listen to? his Petrushka is flawless

You must fucking suck at reading if you think that's what I said.

youtube.com/watch?v=GVEXGAZVZPk

Can someone please tell me what in the fuck this track is called?

youtube.com/watch?v=EWRrbqxU_Wc

Oh yeah Irving Fine, Artie Berger and most of the so-called Boston School were yidboys too. Talented bunch of Jews desu famalams:
youtube.com/watch?v=tf66uo9tHU8
youtube.com/watch?v=stDVbgriNQY
youtube.com/watch?v=exN_pTylv2s
youtube.com/watch?v=hEQTKIToF5M