/bork/

I think there's enough activity and excitement for a Björk thread. :)

>Thoughts on the new album art?
>Thoughts on the new photos?
>Are you excited for the new album?
>How do you think it will turn out, and where do you think it will rank in her discography?

And of course,

>Favorite album
>Favorite song
>Favorite b-side
>Favorite era
>Favorite picture

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/bjork/comments/75m2g1/heard_the_album_today/
youtube.com/watch?v=aWrV8NQnbqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also do you want the album to leak or not?

I like the art. Nothing amazing but it's alright
The whole aesthetic is great
I'm very hyped
I just hope it's good

I honestly don't like the new album art. A lot of people are saying that but I don't feel as if it captures what she has said that Utopia is going to be or if it captures the sound of The Gate, but I do actually like the new photos. I'm hoping it'll be good, all I can say is that I think I'll prefer it to Debut, Post, Volta and Biophilia but it won't be as good as the rest.

>Album
Vespertine
>Song
Aurora
>B-Side
Generous Palmstroke
>Era
Vespertine
>Picture
Pic Related

I really, really like Vespertine

I’m hyped as fuck, according to someone who’s heard it it’s a mix of Homogenic, Vespertine and Vulnicura. Closest to Vespertine. And The Gate is different compared to the rest of the album, Björk even said it was a bridge from Vulnicura.

Yes, pretty sure it will leak, most of her others have. Reviewers have it now so I’m sure it won’t be long. Maybe she’ll do what she did with The Gate and release it digitally early

>according to someone who’s heard it it’s a mix of Homogenic, Vespertine and Vulnicura
>closest to Vespertine
FUCK. HOLD ME, I CAN'T HANDLE THIS HYPE.

My problem with the art is it's completely different from the entire aesthetic of this album so far. I don't dislike it tho

>album
Homogenic
>song
Unravel
>B-side
I go humble
>picture
Any from the homogenic era desu she was most qt and cool then. Or pic related

>it's completely different from the entire aesthetic of this album so far
I noticed this too, I read some user saying that this may have been commissioned before they fully finished everything, and I can definitely believe it.

so hyped :)

Have a better version, friend.

thank you

You're welcome! I got it from bjork.fr, an amazing fansite and resource for Björk news, videos, and photos.

now that the actual bjork became so boring and pretentious, who's the new bjork? what is the alternative?

Fucking stop. Nobody else give this guy (You)s. Fuck off.

there's only one logical choice, user

>album
Vulnicura
>song
Undo
>b-side
I Remember You
>era
Debut
>picture
the one with the melodica and her back

This one? ;)

THAT choice?

HYPED AF
LEAK WHEN
artwork is god-tier so far

yeah the Gate sounds very much like a Vulnicura outtake

don't say it

I want to impregnate that back

i love vespertine and vulnicura and everything so i'm extremely excited as to how this looks to be turning out
homogenic is my favourite and i'd love for her to do something like that again but i think it's just such a perfect album that if she tries and replicate it it just won't work so well

It's ugly but I'm getting used to it. I guess Volta is still worse.

They are pretty unique and good. It's a shame she couldn't use one of it as her album art instead.

Yes.

>How do you think it will turn out, and where do you think it will rank in her discography?
It will be her best album since Medulla.

>Favorite album
>Favorite song
Hyperballad

>Favorite era
1993-2001

>Favorite picture
I don't have any.

>according to someone who's heard it
literally who
grimesfag pls leave

>1993-2001
I meant more of a specific era, like Debut or Post or Homogenic.

OK.

i didn't say any name. you said it. ;)

It looks fucking retarded, I don't like it
Mostly pretty cool, the op image in particular
Very. I didn't think much of the Gate desu, but I'm reserving judgment till the album's out and I have faith in her
Smack dab in the middle, it won't be as good as Vulnicura
>Favorite album
Vespertine or Vulnicura or Biophilia, I can never decide
>Favorite song
Family
>Favorite b-side
that Golden Brown ripoff from around Homogenic
>Favorite era
KUKL era of course
>Favorite picture
that one with Jonsi flipping me off

I'm not in love with the cover art but I really respect it, especially after looking at it in a lineup with the others. She's taken the step to completely transform into a alien instead of just being a pretty woman in a costume. It makes a bold statement about the album.

good lord she's lewd af

My only worry about the album is that it might be unfocused and unmemorable. Especially since it's going to be her longest album ever. Unlike Vulnicura which had a clear line of inspiration, it seems like the only guiding principle to this one is "I sure am happy about stuff now".
I expect good things out of the 10 minute track though. "Sue Me" also seems destined to be the new Sod Off.

>it's going to be her longest album ever.

source?

>KUKL era of course
Good taste, my friend. What's their sound like? Haven't listened to them yet, don't want to set any expectations from just looking at their photos. Also should I start with the Eye or Holidays in Europe?

the photos are pretty accurate to their sound haha, check out The Eye, really good, noisy post-punk

The track lengths got confirmed on itunes. Total length 71:38

>noisy post-punk
>with Björk vocals
You just gave me a music-boner user, definitely will check out, even though Einar is there.

>over an hour of new Bjork
i'm not ready

>he hasn't been binging her entire discography already
Get to it user, you never know when it might leak!

youtu.be/4-e9igyVfi8
She needs to start taking a breather before songs, I hope she's okay. I will say though her voice is still very powerful for her age.

Then I'd pick the era starting from Post and ending around the time of Homogenic

It's gonna be boring and drawn out as hell, isn't it? I miss simple pop Björk so much.

Her voice is starting to get a little raspy, overly forward(?) compared to her music since Biophilia. Maybe it was the polyp's fault.

>boring
Depends on your tastes.
>polyp
This might be it. But you can see her breathing is off and it throws off the songs when she performs them, like she can't reach the amount of power she wants to or is used to reaching with her voice.

>Favorite album
Homogenic

>Favorite song
Hyper-Ballad

>Favorite b-side
Not and official mix, but Nature is Ancient (Rabbit in the Moon) is really good. Verandi is a close second

>Favorite era
Vespertine just because of abundance of B-sides. And Verspertine Live with Matmos was something magical

>Favorite picture

You know it user ;)

I just want a new sugarcubes album is that too hard to ask?

Check out their reunion in 2006.
youtu.be/8YGn_te1oUc

TO FILL YOU UP WITH SOOOOOOOORRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOW

LIFES BOTH SWEEEEEET AND SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUR

PUSSY PUSSY PUSSY TO SCREW SCREW SCREW
youtu.be/Mo2_q-TLHBQ

[spoiler]test[/spoiler]

F

>hour long bjork album means an hour long fap

WHOA MAMA

>Track 5 rumored to be explicit
:^)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

SOMEONE LEAK IT

MILKY

next death grips collab when?

bump

I want to be FUCKED by her

do you think she fucked Arca?

I know this isn't /fa/ but can someone id those shoes

>literally who
Ironically enough, a literal Grimesfag:
reddit.com/r/bjork/comments/75m2g1/heard_the_album_today/

it's my fate i guess

the ol bait and switch

Gosh, I love these visuals. I'm so excited.

:) be nice to her

this killed me.

bork

> >Thoughts on the new album art?
hate it
> >Thoughts on the new photos?
hate them
> >Are you excited for the new album?
Yeah.
> >How do you think it will turn out, and where do you think it will rank in her discography?
Honestly, I hope it goes into the middle.

telegram is actually great, especially for a remix album

LEAK IT DEAK

actually the Utopia artwork really fits her new music & unsettling Arca's production, and each elements make sense: the bat nose, medusa flabby body, the drag-queen makeup or the newborn chickie, the flute clearly presents every sides of her mutant/post-human art
...but the flute still looks out-of-place & she holds it in a awkward way t b h

I doubt any alternative artwork will be as powerful: they'd look "pretty" that's all

so Notget won't be on Utopia? too bad, it is a good song & seem to fit the narrative of the album

youtube.com/watch?v=aWrV8NQnbqE

Notget is on Vulnicura

>so Notget won't be on Utopia?
Uh...user?

user, I'll forgive you for you for your dubs, but Notget is on Vulnicura.

>hate them
Why is that? I feel like they're better than what ended up being the album art.

bump

Little bit of new info

[...]'blissing me', which starts off as a folk theme with clear voices and drifts towards an experiment as delightfully intimate as material from 'vespertine'[...] that song is separated by intervals: each stanza happens in a month after the previous one. it is something that i had already done before in 'possibly maybe', although in that case it was nine months.

most of this album was done by myself, editing sounds, and i spent a lot of time making the flutes, trying to make them sound good along with the synthesizers. and it was a joy to make flutes that sounded like synthesizers and synthesizers that sounded like birds and birds that sounded like flutes: the fusion of the palettes was something that mattered to me a lot and i dedicated a lot of effort to take care of that aspect.

about the possible 'utopia' tour, björk does not want to say anything 'until next year'. according to her, rushing to give news about projects can 'mess up everything'. she closes her email with a plea that many will grant: 'stay tuned!'

>most of this album was done by myself, editing sounds, and i spent a lot of time making the flutes, trying to make them sound good along with the synthesizers. and it was a joy to make flutes that sounded like synthesizers and synthesizers that sounded like birds and birds that sounded like flutes: the fusion of the palettes was something that mattered to me a lot and i dedicated a lot of effort to take care of that aspect.

can we kill the "its just le arca album :c" meme now

That sounds fucking amazing, some good concepts to work off of.

that song is on Vulnicura, already, user

This. I don't believe there will ever be a point where Björk isn't in control of her work.

>Favourite b-side

kill yourself.

Don't be rude to fellow Bjorkfriends.

Will "Sue Me" be the new "Sod Off"?

I sorta just want to hear her take shots at Barney for one last time.

how do you BRAAAAAAP in Icelandic??

user, no one has ever seriously doubted that Björk is thoroughly in control of the people who actually make her music.

Same way, it's universal.
(You)

>most of this album was done by myself, editing sounds, and i spent a lot of time making the flutes,
>Björk formed a twelve piece Icelandic female flute orchestra, which she arranged for and conducted
Since when is hiring TWELVE PROFESSIONAL FLUTE PLAYERS to make the flute sounds for your new record the same thing as JUST YOU making the flute sounds for your new record by yourself?

I thought you meant in the sense that she isn't in control of the songs she makes. I see what you mean now. It's frustrating to hear people put down her talents because she has producers work with her.

>It's frustrating to hear people put down her talents because she has producers work with her.
By the same token it's pretty mind boggling to hear people go on about her having talents that she clearly doesn't have. Clearly she has a good eye for artistic direction when it comes to things like record producing and flute playing. But actual talent for doing it herself? If she had that, why is she always getting other people to do it for her/with her?

of course. everyone should be nice to her.

She writes and records almost everything herself on the laptop, she can play the flute, but she wanted a flute orchestra. I wouldn't expect to do that all by herself, same when she hires a string orchestra. She still arranges everything herself.

>she can play the flute
l-lewd

Skin flute :^)

I think I read somewhere she also played the western concert flute, but can't find a picture. i'm sure i saw an actual photo somewhere.

She played flute as a child as far as I can remember. (This is a recorder but I can't be fucked to look for pictures)