no

Portugal is super cute

i love you for sounding closer to russian than we ever could hope to be

i bought an item from portugal and it arrived today
feel really good because it looks better in person

yes, its like spain but better

what's the item, nippon kun?

Could be better.

that blue flag was the flag of the empire wasn't it?

monarchy flag.
green + red = republic i think

I love Polandball as much as the next guy but this is cringe af

bracelet. very cheap one but the price doesnt matter. it has a really good look and a very cool design, and ofc made in portugal. the seller was pretty kind too.

self importing is fun. try it when you get a chance. the shipping cost is cheaper than youd imagine as long as its a small item and can go in an envelope. this ones was around 7 usd.

This We kept the bulk of the empire up until 1975 and we changed flags in 1910.

The blue flag isn't even an imperialistic thing, it's just an aesthetic thing, because blue and white were the colours of Portugal/Portuguese people/Portuguese crown for almost 800 years.

yes

If only they could tone down their enthusiasm about football a bit

Patrician, but you should try Portuguese migas if you like kale.

It's easier to make with the ingredients you have (I'm sure you're using dirty Spanish chorizo instead of the meatier Portuguese chouriço).

Come on man, it's all we have left.

>It's all we have left
What about accordeon music and weird yellow croissants

>What about accordeon music and weird yellow croissants
Both stolen from the French. Hey, just like the Euro cup, you're right.

I stayed in some coastal town not too far from Lisbon when I was around 10 when I swam in the sea I nearly drowned because of the waves so no fuck Portugal.

Yes my family immigrated from the Azores to Massachusetts in 1867. I am just Portuguese. Nothing else, in the sense of ethnicity, and I am proud to be Portuguese. Maybe i'll return to the God forsaken motherland one day when i'm not drowning in debt

youtube.com/watch?v=dtVQJCq2cCM
She's gorgeous.

>godforsaken
Mate, Portugal is unironically one of the best places to live in in Europe at the moment.

How cool.

portuguese is the best language in the world tbdesu

>leaves your adopted black retarded brother in a jungle
>wonders why hes all fucked up

I hate you Portugal.
I will never forgive you.

Portugal is always under the radar

Sorry I used the wrong word to describe it. I meant it was great. Sorry my vocabulary isn't that great. Was never one for school

It's alright.

Godforsaken is kind of right, if you're talking about that one other god that likes fireworks.

No, but I wish my country to explore more about our historical ties. Our first real contact with Europeans was with Portuguese traders. We never met real Europeans before that and actually called you "white Bengalis" because you like whiter versions of Bengalis/Punjabis. Later we called you "Serani" after "Nazarenes" i.e. Christians. The Portuguese quickly defeated the Malacca Sultanate but then did not manage to spread further due to the exiled Sultans allying with the Dutch and regularly launching attacks. However, the Portuguese had a profound influence on the Malay language, cooking, dances and music. If you search for popular traditional music (en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dondang_Sayang), you will hear echoes of your own folk music, especially in the use of the biola (violin). This style of singing has evolved into the current overly sentimental Malay pop-ballads with bleeding heart lyrics.

It seems like song/poetry is always the thing that sticks on our former colonies/influenced territories.

Even Brazil which is a rather violent country created much sweeter, softer and introspective music in Bossa Nova than the Hispanics did, even if they did produce a ton of good music as well.

I guess our long history of poetry/folk singing shines through.

What does he mean whit this?

we love portugal tho

The trams reminded me of the Keizan Electric Railway

youtube.com/watch?v=VHQFmBrjLCM

>portuguese drowning in debt
Truly you are a Portuguese

Is he trying to sing in Portuguese? That's fascinating at what things he mimics perfectly and the things he just can't quite get.

Here's the opposite: youtube.com/watch?v=n6-CDIuUObc

The Portuguese aren't terribly in debt. The country is, but the people are fairly conservative with their money. To the point where they'd rather hoard it instead of investing, which is part of the problem.

>all my pictures are gonna be flipped
Arghhhh

Sort of, but your accent is weird.

Just ate it yesterday. One of my favorite soups.

Caldo Verde and Canja are so popular that they are barely considered soups, at least to kids who usually don't like soup but love those.

The chouriço makes a huge difference.

>To the point where they'd rather hoard it instead of investing, which is part of the problem.
I can assure almost everyone in my family does this.

I unironically love Brasil.

Yep.

Had my interest started when I had a portugese GF at uni, since then I visited for a week and I loved every minute.

Might learn the language, been meaning to learn a continental language.

>all in portugal by the way

>a continental language.
Portuguese is the very language of the sea.

At least it's been called that by our poets.

Ó mar salgado, quanto do teu sal
São lágrimas de Portugal!
Por te cruzarmos, quantas mães choraram,
Quantos filhos em vão rezaram!

Quantas noivas ficaram por casar
Para que fosses nosso, ó mar!
Valeu a pena? Tudo vale a pena
Se a alma não é pequena.

Quem quere passar além do Bojador
Tem que passar além da dor.
Deus ao mar o perigo e o abismo deu,
Mas nele é que espelhou o céu.

What do you call the memeflamenco of Portugal again?
>and yes I am a photographer

I know where this was taken.

>memeflamenco
We don't have that. Dancy music that is.

>we wuz explorez and poetz and preistz n shieet we wuz conquerorz man

>will never live in a tiny medieval village in the interior of Portugal

JDIMSA

>Tudo vale a pena
>Se a alma não é pequena.

MARIANA DEEP QUOTE RIGHT HERE

So qt.

Of course

Tell me where this one wuz

No, I despise the existence if tge portuguese state, lisbon should be peovincided and departmentized and under Madrids centralization with afministration from lisbon moving to madrid.
There is only the iberian nation and the iberian state, the portuguese state defies this and so is an abomination.

I love nando's

tomar?

>and yes I am a photographer
Oh. Were we supposed to notice or comment on it?

You actually could, they are almost all empty, and some repopulation might be in order. Plus, you could use your favela-fu on the eastern cunts and all the old ladies would make you feijoada and the like.

The one where your widows sing about lost husbands who died at sea

Presentation: Fin

Sintra. That's the palace built by the rich brazilian.

that or sintra

No you were not. I just was thinking people might be concerned about why I was posting so many photos

N-not like I like P-portugal or any-anything, baka!

I love Portugal!
Took this picture when I went to visit for a week.
I want to get my masters in Porto.

I can't think of anything remotely close to flamengo that would involve lost husbands died at sea lol almost seems like a contradiction

Are Portuguese universities any good?

Yeah they're pretty good, depends on the area tho.

Its a great city to live in, i miss Porto.

Yes. The largest UK startup was started in Portugal.

It depends on the degree, though. We don't have one university where all the degrees are great. You have to pick and choose accordingly.

A hue built it?!?

I was wondering

Obviously some madman built it. Was very interesting to see. I'm sure architecture people would like to see the buildings.
Kind of what happens when an eccentric man gets more money than he knows what to do with

I chose to climb the mountain to the top instead. Lines into the house were too long.

Me too, no other city gives me this feeling like Porto.

British ones are better.

Neet. I remember something about a strong tradition of busking amongst Portuguese Uni's.

>The largest UK startup was started in Portugal.
Really? Sounds interesting, know any more about it?

Flamenco is generally somber, emotional, and tinged with loss.

What I heard felt similar, although... more jazzy. Different in a good way.

You should've seen the house, it's even crazier inside. Did you see the underground dungeon tho?

Lisbon, Porto, Coimbra and Braga are quite alright. But it's not near the level of the best brittish unis.

I thought flamengo was about dancing and party.

The genre you're looking for is fado, anyway.

>Coimbra
Coimbra is pretty bad on the private end. Braga is much better than Coimbra imo.

Did you walk up that huge path to the top of the bridge?

I did it while pretty drunk. Then I crossed the bridge and went up to the church on the other side. Was one of my best experiences, I just lived in that moment for that moment.

Tbh, Porto (mainly because I coincidentally met my two german friends (female) and we had a great day there) > Sintra > Lisboa > other towns

>A hue built it?!?
The rich, old-money Brazilians aren't really hue.

They are the equivalent to America's old money and ivy leaguers in terms of influence and capital. Brazil was at a point the most developed country in the new world, where opportunity shone. A lot of them came back to Portugal once in a while when instability rose. They were colonial lords, not the slaves.

The startup I'm referring to is Farfetch, and it was started by people from FEUP (Porto), iirc.

As for Uni's tradition, you're thinking of Coimbra, which has uniforms and capes and its own music style and long-standing traditions, as it is the oldest uni in the country.

They follow the same model up to the Masters. Everything is up to you to learn your stuff. All you don't get are the connections to aristocracy you'd get in England, which to be fair is indeed a considerable downside.

We also have shit-tier humanities courses (with the exception of law) everywhere, though.

You have to be an absolute idiot to need to go to a private uni in Coimbra. It always opens so many slots that the average grade is super-low.

nice peoples to joke with. immigrants were a lot better than dindus and muzzies.

I disregard private unis

Haha no I had to skip that part

I'm not too big on architecture, tight spaces. I like the outdoors and nature

Mmmmm I'm no expert but my experiences say no to that.
Fado is correct. They just happened to be doing it the night I went to the restaurant.

Muh cristo

Even the public ones aren't that good.

UC is alright. Medicine/Law are top-tier. Engineering is also alright, even if the grades are low (too many slots as I was saying, especially since Aveiro picked up).

If you go into engineering you have IPN right next door which is a good place to earn a Lisbon-tier salary in a much cheaper town.

t. did the latter :^)

Coimbra and Braga are the top-comfiest towns.

The whole place is crazy though, all those dungeons and forest where suddenly a small relic appears, it's amazing, I love that place. You should definitely go back. That and the Moor Castle, pretty neat looking.

Coimbra is lovely but desu I'll always prefer Braga.

Do people even know that we have three archipelagos?
Azores is so magical.It's like it could be an elf island

Braga is lovely but desu I'll always prefer Coimbra.

I was born here, though.

If you like nature and sightseeing then yes, Açores is a must.

>3
What? But yes Açores is fucking top tier. São Miguel (Ponta Delgada but the whole island too) is like right next to Coimbra in my heart.

Holy shit man, what are you doing?!? Are you insane? Delete this post immediately, otherwise tourism will ruin it forever and I won't get to retire/die there.

Hahaha I saw some of that

Definitely was an experience of a lifetime. The whole 5 days were my favorite so far this year

I probably will not return soon though, since my next goal is to see East Asia (Korea/Japan/China/Taiwan).

Arquipelago das berlengas

The Portuguese Empire was impressive tbhwy
One of my favorite poets is portuguese (Fernando Pessoa). I'm learning portuguese just to read him in its original language.
So yeah, i like Portugal

Just one big rock filled with seagull poo. Though the other smaller ones are neat if you have a boat.
My cousin does, and we saw sea crows. It was fucking magical and I hope you're able to do that one day as well.

Where you from?

>tfw haven't been to da zores yet

VERY cute country