Could conduct an orchestra

>could conduct an orchestra
>virtuoso at the guitar
>master at studio wizardry
>had a deep interest in avant-garde music
>still wrote nothing but poprock songs about bodily fluids and low-brow political humor

Why tho?

He percieved himself as a satirist rather than a musician.

He got a kick out of it

>waste entire career on retarded bullshit
>"DUDE CHILL ITS JOKE LOL"

>"Peepee poopoo haha"
yeah good satire

>still wrote nothing but poprock songs about bodily fluids and low-brow political humor
So you've read his wikipedia page but haven't listened to any of his music.
Got it.

I didn't say his satire was good or that it wasn't a waste of his musical skill, just that he thought of himself as a dude who does satirical humour first and a musician second.

>what is Civilization Phaze 3

friends, how do i into avant-garde tunes? I'm pretty versed in noise, plunderphonics, ambient and drone, but is there a chart that could help me find that whacky early 60s stuff?
And Yes, I know who Beefheart is

Wikipedia is your friend, dude.

This is better than your favorite album.

libertarianism is a disease

But user, that is my favorite album.

This just isn't true at all and he actually preferred writing instrumentals

Alot of avant-garde spawned from Punk.
I didn't know about The Pop Group until I watched Punk Attitude

The Pop Group are pretty great

Seriously boring AF

I feel he would've moved further into orchestra related work later in his life and been great at it, shame he died so young

>poprock songs
How is Hot Rats poprock?

WHY DOES IT HURT WHEN I PEE

The Little House I Used To Live In is my favorite poprock song

But he wrote entire albums of avant-garde/experimental rock and classical music. Is this bait?

Yeah, 19 minute songs with a 2 minute piano lead in are the best poprock songs

Also Eric Dolphy's Memorial BBQ is also one for the clubs and radios

Because he wanted to

This, desu

this, people on Sup Forums are to inane and young to truly udnerstand why Zappa is such an amazing musician
His sacrifice to art is beyond anything discussed in this shit board

That's not completely true. He was a composer. He took the music seriously, he didn't like writing lyrics but knew he had to. So to make a Läther he'd have to make a Sheik Yerbouti

Plus he was like really into sex and sexual things and loved groupies and there was a documentary where he mentioned getting the clap and his wife by liking him fooling around but it's part of the job. I honestly think though that was a big perponent in why he made rock oriented music, that and he loved rhythm and blues.

But maybe you listened at the wrong time. I used to think he's hilarious, still do with his observations, but you kinda grow out of the blunt lyrics of a Broken Hearts are for Assholes and stick around for the music and the playing. He worked with some of the best of the best and his discography is arguably the most diverse and most consistent. He dropped someone thing along the lines of 30 albums between 66 and 79 if I'm correct. And maybe like 3 or 4 are actually kinda weak but that's compared to his other albums of that period. Seriously he's slept on because people are turned off by the poop jokes but stick around and you'll find something I guarantee it