Is it ok to support artists even when they are terrible people?

is it ok to support artists even when they are terrible people?

Not financially.

Depends on how terrible of person they are. Like Tay-K for example shouldn't be living on this earth anymore let alone be getting money from his "music"

don't pay for music

would it make sense to separate the art from the artist?

ehh i just don't feel conflicted about pirating their entire discography

of course. Two of my favorite metal bands are racist as hell.

I usually separate the art from the artist unless they killed multiple innocent people. The only murderer musician thats cool in my book is varg

The person he murdered did nothing to deserve it.

>Being racist is a terrible thing
Fighting natural feelings is terrible hmm interesting

>Euronymous did NOTHING to deserve it
Who even propagates this notion anymore? Euro was bragging to multiple people about how he was going to kidnap, torture, and murder Varg. Maybe he didn't deserve to get killed, but in the confines of that subculture it's hard to argue Euro dindu nuffin.

inarguably no

he was a lefty
he deserved much worse

FUKIN THIS

I hope they let him go.

He made the best shit

This. To be desu, Varg is a piece of shit for reasons that have nothing to do with the murder.

I don't even financially support artists I like. I'm not trying to be edgy or whatever I'm just broke

Yeah man like rape is cool, fuck higher order thinking xd

This.
Life's too short and hard to waste precious resources on strangers when you can get their service for free without directly hurting them.

Obviously piracy is bad, but I care more about the significant negative difference that paying for music makes to me than the insignificant positive difference it makes to them.

Maybe if I'll make enough money that buying music doesn't make a significant difference in my finances, then I'll start buying, and even then it will mostly be for the pros of having bought music (quality, convenience, etc) and just a little for supporting the artist.

t. woman

On one hand, you're dumb but on the other hand,
>69
hehe

Autists aren’t “terrible people” user that’s really offensive. They just have a different way of thinking than you or i.
Of course you should support them

go back to neogaf

But rape isn't as natural as racism, since rape also has the "hurting people" part that goes against our human compassion, so if you rape someone you're objectively evil because you're inflicting pain for your own pleasure.
Being racist just mean seeing the different races as different on a non-cosmetic level, and thinking one is better at some things than another.
This doesn't inflict any pain whatsoever and is a natural part of our tribalistic tendencies.

That said, if I start to inflict pain (physical or otherwise) on someone BECAUSE of their race, then yes, I'm evil.

But racism alone isn't even close to being an evil thing, let alone on the same level as rape.

Jesus fucking christ dude I'm a "racist" but I don't think rape is good

There would be people (anthropologists and human psychologists) who argue that rape is natural in that humans have a long history of propagating our species through it. This just makes me think people are all shitty and we're all fucked, but then again a lot of anthropologists disagree with this view wholeheartedly.

virgin

>innocent until proven guilty

>people are all shitty and we're all fucked
Now you're catching on

whether something is "natural" has no bearing on whether it's good or bad

You seem to have this line of thinking where you believe that everything you perceive as "evil" is a one size fits all. Hate to break to you sweetie, raping women is basketball american and sand nigger tier.
inb4 muh white ppl rayp too :O
yes you are correct all races unfortunately rape women but take a look at the crime stats and your intellectual powerhouse big brain will crumble in seconds

yeah no shit you fucking retard

This is just semantics really.
It all depends on what you define as natural, and whether you consider it good or bad.
Just because humans (and "homos" before humans) did it all along it doesn't mean it's "natural" or "good".
Cooking food with fire and agriculture are completely artificial things under certain definitions, but they have undoubtedly changed the course of our evolution so much that they can be classified as part of our nature under others (almost as much as dams are natural for beavers).

Did rape have a significant effect on our species? Yes, but so did tons of other things we did that we don't consider natural.

And another thing to consider is our definition of rape.
Since we gradually went from being "animals" (where rape is normal for lack of the concept of consent) to "humans" (basically animals with more complex societies and lives that may not want to procreate with someone for a set of reasons, so they feel bad when somebody forces them to have an intercourse), do we only consider forced sex with violence as rape, or also any type of sex without consent (like what is normal in the naimal kingdom)?

Also we're comparing a behavior with a mentality.
I can choose to not rape someone, but I can't really choose to have a different opinion of something.
If something in my life led me to believe that X race is a certain way, I can't just decide that I don't believe it anymore because it's bad.

Also it's completely debatable whether racism (without acting upon it to hurt people) is objectively bad or not, so it would be like convincing myself that an idea is wrong, because another idea is telling me it is.
Outside western and westernized countries (that have adopted western culture) racism is as normal as recognizing skin colour, as it was in the west as well, until not too long ago.
And even now, despite being a social taboo with a universal effort to censor it and to not propagate it, it's still a pretty widespread phenomenon.

Way to derail the thread

>racism is as normal as recognizing skin colour
This is what Sup Forumstards in europe believe. Yeah i know you're from there thanks to your ass fucked version of the word color.

(Cont.)
So I think racism is just an inevitable consequence of our pattern recognition and tribalistic tendencies, and it will always stay despite people trying to convince us that it's objectively despicable to have those opinions.

>This just makes me think people are all shitty and we're all fucked
This is correct.
By modern definitions of "being shitty", people are mostly very shitty, since our societies (and the values they make us hold ourselves to) evolved way faster than our primitive psyches, so we still have "shitty" tendencies, which not everyone can or wants to keep under control.

does every fucking Sup Forums thread eventually turn into race debates? for fuck sake

Youre a faggot

money is literally evil so it's best to give all of it to the most terrible artists and help them on the way to hell

Ever been outside western countries?
Outside of rare exceptions they're mostly outspoken about their racism.
Obviously I'm not talking about flogging blacks or things like that, but it's pretty normal to hear them talk about how a certain race is bad in one way or another, or how they're animals, etc. as there's no social taboo on doing so.

I grew up in Europe but come from a family of immigrants, and living all my life in contact with people from all over the non-western world, I can tell you that western countries are the only ones that have a stigma on being racist.
Non-western people simply don't give a shit.

Of course they still have some degree of decency, so they don't go around insulting people to their face calling them racist names, but in talking normally among themselves they have no problem being racist or listening to someone saying racist things.

People from all over the world who learn English as a second language in school learn the British version, so it's not just Europeans.

I dunno. Roman Polanksi has done some lascivious shit apparently, but he did make Rosemary's Baby.

He did nothing wrong.

please keep ur virgin ramblings to yourself

tay k is a good man and whites deserve to die.

It's not good to look down on others, user.

Only if they're black

/thread

both his bodies were nonwhites

We're no the same person. Either way, what's your point dumbass? Did you even read the chain of replies?

"is jus natral" is no even close to an argument.

found the communist

Yeah. It's your own personal choice to do so, but it wouldn't stop the judgement of others.