Anybody think the Terminator franchise could be revived by dropping Sarah and John Connor from the storyline...

Anybody think the Terminator franchise could be revived by dropping Sarah and John Connor from the storyline? I like the series, but it went progressively downhill with each film after the first

The new Sarah Conner actress is amazingly hot.

the TV show was actually really good.

I think its beyond repair now. I was okay with T4 being about the future but there was really only room for one more film with that story.

They are running it into the ground now. Its sad.

Let it lie. It should have been left after T2. T2 was literally perfect (for its day). The only slightly interesting addition was the series. But I think that’s just because I really fancy summer glau

If they took it in a total new direction and got rid of any reference to the original characters then yes maybe. A bit like alien vs predator. Maybe another universe cross over like tried with terminator vs robocop. Terminator would destroy robocop tho. Alien vs Terminator would be good tho as a brutal action film - especially if all done in CGI and no stupid human side plots

a reboot is already in the works, they need to fucking drop arnold but they won't

This.

Terminator was James Cameron's baby.
His directing was epic.

Anything after T2 is a bastardization, save Salvstion, which was its own decent film in its own right.

Definitely Agree
Will look into it. As long as it's not like the last 3 films
Eh, I think there's room for a film where there's a terminator within a group and they gotta find out who it is after the war has begun, or a terminator is sent to the past to destroy something, but it gets taken over for another evil reason

I could see that. Robocop is ultraviolent, and Terminator is an unfeeling machine. Terminator vs Alien could be good, but would definitely require some kind of exposition.

the problem with trying to make sequels for plot light action movies like robocop is you get
>original
>original, but reversed
>crap
and it happens over and over

You don't think a one-off could work? With Robocop, either the Terminator would have to go back in time, which could be fine if its only goal is to just go on a murder spree, or Robocop fights against the rise of the Terminators, before eventually dying.

such a shit taste there user

>Truth!

if kung fury can capitalize on 80s nostalgia i don't see why robocop can't, just have some balls and make it fun not generic trash like robocop 2014

They can change anything they want about the story because it's about time travel

Not the same poster but I really think something like this could work. Something audaciously different. Terminator travels back in time but the time travel goes wrong. Ends up in robocop universe and goes on a destructive rampage to try and kill all humanity. Terminator kills murphys family. Robocop goes 100% FUBAR. Terminator could be a pure CGI unspeaking Arnold or just a metal terminator. 2h of each machine trying to destroy the other.

Man, I like your idea. Nostalgia is always "in", and action/scifi only needs a halfway decent plotline to make it happen

>Googl, i mean, Skynet will allow these foolish lies about us wining the war to continue.

Yeah. I personally think if terminator vs alien (or another enemy) was made as a pure 18+ Ultraviolent action flick it would acquire instant legendary status. Maybe robocop found on earth in alien universe and restored. Robocop misses family so can’t hanflr life on Earth. Sent to far out planet colony where aliens are discovered. Only robocop can protect colony.

Could work for terminator too but not sure either would have enough personality to be super watchable

Cheers user. Agree if they could capture that nostalgia but not rely on it then there would be def life left in terminator franchise. Could maybe keep the ginger kid in tho. :)

Honestly I think the old greats should be left alone. Terminators latest movie was a cringefest. Noone wants to see the terminator be an old man. Also kyle reese and sarah connor again? Its too much.

Alien covenant totally ass raped the origin of the zenomorphs. Really.....black space goo creatures manipulated into the badass alien death machine we all know and love by a faggot shakespear obbsessed android? Fuck that.

The reboot of Robocop was fucking boring.

Judge dread reboot felt forced and was uninteresting.

The thing reboot was just gore with no substance.

Star trek Discovery is so full of messages it cant even tell a slightly interesting arc to save its life. Also new klingons look like orcs from LOTR, mated with a turd.

Star wars is obsessed with killing off old beloved characters only to replace them with shallow uninteresting ones. Not to mention each movie breaks the previous movies established cannon.

They are talking about a Predator reboot aswell as a new Stargate reboot and im just like, please dont.

Fuck whatever that was they tried with jurassic park.

I largely agree with what you're saying, and when I made this post, I was mostly thinking of a Terminator movie without Arnold, and definitely not with Sarah or John. There's plenty of material that could be done with the franchise, and I'm kind of interested to see what James Cameron does with it when he gets it back this or next year.

If they just make it a fun ultra violent fest, a one off Terminator vs Robocop could work

Yeah that film was dull. Robocop was always about violence and satire. That film was just a generic action/conspiracy film. The 80s version was grimey. The reboot just felt like it was trying to be slick

I could see that. I would enjoy a one off crossover if it is handled well. Terminator vs. Robocop, Robocop vs. Alien, Terminator vs. Alien etc...

There is definately room for an action packed crossover!

>The 80s version was grimey.

That's why the original Terminator is really the only one I care for that much. T2 is okay, but it's not a horror, and it's slick as hell

I think there's a Terminator vs. Robocop NES game...?

Also largely agree. Especially on alien reboots. I quite liked Prometheus. It left mystery and to me felt fresh. Covenant was just standard by the numbers.

And if they fuck Stargate up ill go full on Teal’c

Im not sure what to think of this.......was it fun?

I grew up on the SNES version, and it was too damn difficult for me, and not too interesting.

Just started playing the Sega version, and it's bloody as hell. Difficult as hell, but it's fun

I loved Prometheus, and hated how they dumbed down Covenant. The sequel promised by Prometheus looked good

Yeah you’re right - T1 was a dirty sweaty horror film - you could feel the horror. Agree that T2 was different - it was IMO just done so well and the plot twist worked comparedto the first. T3+ tho... IMO junk

Yeah prometheus was pretty great I watch it again from time to time.

Please dont fuck up Stargate. Im a fan of the original movie as well as the shows. Stargate deserves so much better than a by the numbers reboot.

As long as its fun thats what matters.

Yeah Stargate is a classic. It’s a shame Universe didn’t work out but I guess it was a reboot itself and fans didn’t like it didn’t have SG1 in. I quite liked how different it was - but started too slow.

What did you think of Atlantis? I really liked it but it was essentially just 4 different looking clones of SG1 with more nukes!

SG1 vs a terminator would be cool to watch! Tho I guess they did that with the Krull? Soldiers?

I have always wanted to see Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator with a bit of the colonial marines thrown in. Definately need a Hudson character to sell the, holy shit we are fucked, angle

Could make some really good crossover games. Probably s really good terminator and or robocop game too. As long as they don’t just replay the same scenes from the movies...

Haha yeah could see that. As long as it wasn’t about ‘humanity’s struggle’ and more about how they come out of it least fucked up!

Universe was about to shape up and deliver, but it was cut short. I liked it. It was different, it was just getting good with potential to add SG-1 cameos.

Atlantis was good but its abrupt ending is where it loses most of its points.

Yeah youre right they already did that with the krull pretty much.

Exactly! Humanity only needs to be there to nail in the horror. Moral messages would ruin the point.