55chan.org/mu/src/1509731309833.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=8RTSJWBK4A4
musictheory.net/exercises/ear-interval
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQB5OWngutM
youtu.be/NR2DxSuCu3M
youtu.be/vsTOz_iEfI4
youtube.com/watch?v=IpbjdFmD09w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Dick dale used humbuckers on his studio recordings.

Thoughts on Nick Drake?

I want to protect this smile

Her smile was gone when the headstock broken

>no /gg/ in the subject field
uh oh

>no /babybackbitch/ in your name field
You're only fooling yourself.

still looking for guitar recommendations for doom metal

currently have a dipinto guitar that i want to keep my normal strings on, then pick up a second guitar to down tune and put some heavy gauge strings on. i know jacksons are good but i'm not a fan of floyd rose setups, think it's too much effort for what i'll be doing, but I kind of want a whammy.

SG with a Bigsby

SG with a maestro.

how the fuck do I lose so many picks in my fucking bedroom. where the fuck could they be going

well now i just dont know what to think

Danelectro Convertible with an EMG shoved in the hole and a Floyd Rose glued on.

well, dubs never lie, but yours contradict these dubs

I think his writing for guitar is even more impressive than his guitar playing, somehow.
Amazing musician.

How else do you think he got cancer?

Are the white guitar and the gold one the same instrument?

If Dick Dale is the king of surf guitar, who's the prince?

>when the guitar player doesn't use 10-46 ernie balls or d'addarios and doesn't tune to E or D# standard

>he doesn't use 16-60s
Not gonna make it.

Jimmy Dale

9-46 works best on my strats.

11s on the tele and 12s on the Gretsch.

All in E standard

Tiny Dick Dale

i dont. youre probably retarded

>D#
It's Eb, my brother.

anyone got an arrangement idea for this shitty video collage only the vocals+acoustic and one guitar are relevant, the other 3 should be smaller on the screen

Why not just have the important instruments on screen at the time they are relevant?

youtu.be/GVlwqflKUfY

it doenst change throughout the song

Is there a /gg/ discord?

I'm complete garbage at guitar when considering the fact that I've been playing for like 10 years at this point and can barely play a full song from memory, what are some prog rock/prog metal/jazz/fusion or similar songs that are fun and not too hard to play? My level right now is about where I can barely struggle my way through Djangos Minor Swing.

Paganini 5th caprice

whats important when learning stuff like Minor Swing? you got the intro riff and then its just i iv v with minor scale soloing by jango and some violinist

Gypsy jazz is basically 5% chords, 5% melody and 90% improv, just learn la pompe and you're good to go

wtf theres no la pompe in my django folder

not

you mean learn la pompe 'and' the improv over it

La pompe is the rhythm technique they use in gypsy jazz

ah ok

if you are bireli or jimmy rosenberg. Normal human practice their stuff.

Gypsy's pick up on that shit so easily, I've seen 6 year old kidd fluent in that style. Samuel kind of looks like a gypsy so I have hope for him

vocaroo.com/i/s00Ll0SPrggO

Can you repeat the question?

Would I get b& on here if I post my fiverr gig for tabbing songs? I took a hiatus from doing it and need to accrue some recent feedback to bump my gig up in the listings, so I was thinking of offering Sup Forums some transcriptions cheap as fuck to do so

So it never left?

Used Fender Classic Player strat. Yes or no if I can get it for sub $600?

I'm complete garbage at guitar when considering the fact that I've been playing for like 10 years at this point and can barely play a full song from memory, what are some prog rock/prog metal/jazz/fusion or similar songs that are fun and not too hard to play? My level right now is about where I can barely struggle my way through Djangos Minor Swing.

Wich guitar is that?

youtu.be/-MhnctgNyOw

Why am I mad?

looks like an electric hollowbody

>Gibson
>headstock still intact

Can you help me /gg/, I've decided I really want to get into fingerstyle picking guitar, I already consider myself 6/10, 10/10 being something like John Fahey or Robbie Basho.

youtube.com/watch?v=MukkEJr9BFc
youtube.com/watch?v=tQCOQqNv3RM

Is this guy in these videos using a thumb pick? I can't distinguish shit.

My issue is, I hate having long nails and I don't use a thumb pick either, I exclusively play with the flesh of my fingers. I like playing like this, but now that I've been trying to adventure into advanced stuff, I've noticed that not having long nails or a thumb pick make me play some shit slower.

I've tried using a thumbpick, and I could get used to it but I just hate it. Also I hate how the guitar sounds too warm or dull the way I pick (exclusively with the flesh of my fingers). I'm having a hard time deciding what to do.

I've kinda "mastered" Open C tuning, now getting into Open G.

>not elixr
smelly dumb poorfag scum

Absolutely. The logo looks like a shitty walmart guitar. Like a Gear4sale guitar or something

brand is d'angelico

legend.
i feel for him :(

55chan.org/mu/src/1509730372631.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1509731309833.ogg

For doom and downtuning, I get why people are recommending an SG because other bands used them, probably because they were equipped with humbuckers.
But ask yourself, do you want a guitar just because it's what other people used, or do you want to get one you've made practical considerations about?
If you're downtuning, I think scale length is key. I made a huge mistake getting a 24.75" guitar that I intended to downtune "just because". I'd played 25.5" scale length guitars before, most often without downtuning, and the leap from standard tuning on a 25.5 to downtuning on a 24.75 requires a big jump in string gauge to maintain tuning stability, plus I struggled setting the guitar up myself and had to deal with fret buzz.
I'll hit google up and see if I can spot you any 25.5" HB equipped guitars with some kinda non-floating whammy.

my throat is hurt and tight i'd think im under sifilis if i hadnt sang forced high notes yesterday and today

lol how about a baritone. has anyone played doom on a baritone here? seems like it'd make sense.

youtube.com/watch?v=8RTSJWBK4A4
here check this out, this guy's playing a baritone.
all i'm sayin is i think a longer scale length than an SG would really do you well for doom.

you have syphilis?

post yer scores
musictheory.net/exercises/ear-interval

not that i know.

Linda Manzer, you can't be afford it

tried using the Orange amp I had back at home and the sound starts vibrating/buzzing a lot with high volume low notes
It doesn't do it if I turn the lows to zero, but that's not really much of a solution
Tips?
I'm thinking of opening it up, just a bit worried I'll fuck it up

Should it be ok to just pull the white panel back after I've unscrewed the visible screws?
I'm feeling a bit of resistance, I don't want to break any connections since I don't have a soldering tool/any tools really except for a screwdriver

I dunno, why did you post a score of 55%?
I couldn't be bothered to do more than 100.

why is every 3rd post in this thread by you?

Should it be OK to just plug and play like this or am I at risk of electrocution?

Started putting some tracks up on jewtube lads
youtube.com/watch?v=ZQB5OWngutM

I know muh shit

i'm a happy regular

Ok, the buzzing is definitely coming from somewhere here, can't really tell what the culprit is though

You're a mentally ill namefag

not even him but you're coming off as really needy and desperate, you should go out more

Thank fuck we're anonymous or else Enzo would be stalking us like a snubbed ex.

i or him

not really m8

youtu.be/NR2DxSuCu3M

This guy's really good, but does he have HIV?

What the hell is that thing with the springs? It seems like it'd be the most obvious candidate for a buzzing sound, seeing as it's the only clearly moving part

This Korean kid does pretty well with his fingerpicks:

youtu.be/vsTOz_iEfI4

Spring Reverb

theyre holding the amp together

im interested on what /gg/ thinks of this youtube.com/watch?v=IpbjdFmD09w

you

Makes sense
Can't really tell if that's what's causing it though
I've tried tightening all visible screws and it doesn't seem to be buzzing as much, hopefully it's not just 5he position it's in

nice spring reverb.

will read the thread and respond to issues in a sec

maybe try turning the verb down if you're cranking the amp

Any interest? If someone gives me something short to transcribe/tab just now I can demonstrate muh competence

noone cares about you

I really like this.

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR SPAMMING HORSESHIT

was that a gnarly autotune glitch on "ain't" at 0:20 kek

better than your buttrock worship.

yeah theres autotune on my throat idiot

Sounds like complete ass, sorry dude

Looks like he just has some long ass fingernails.

Doesn't it say something that you immediately get this defensive about your shitty "music"?

Try AlaskaPiks. They attach to your existing nails and feel fairly natural.

will go this way