Why is krautrock considered """""patrician""""" if 90% of it is just basic repetitive pop muzak?

Why is krautrock considered """""patrician""""" if 90% of it is just basic repetitive pop muzak?
Why is it considered avant-garde if only 10% of it is somewhat unconventional and not just basic repetitive pop muzak?

Not OP but bumping to see if Scaruffi drones are capable of forming their own thoughts.

bump

hipsters require a cult of personality thing around their pop music

We only listen to the 10%

What do you think are examples of the 90% pop muzak?

Krautrock is mostly culturally appropiated non-western music fused with Rock. It's a decent attempt at mimicry and far better than most popular music but nothing more.
Pic related is an album revered through the hipster and music critic circles, while it's obviously a cheap attempt at recreating classical while fusing it with eastern characteristics. It ends up sounding hollow and stereotypical because of this very reason.

It's too smart for you you don't understand sorry

Because it's groovy and it makes me want to dance

I don't know if it's patrician but to me it's just a more interesting and fun version of prog and I love prog

I honestly feel bad for you if you don't enjoy this album.

they can't.

If you don't like it your IQ is probably less then mine.

>he can't see the beauty of pure unfiltered German autism in musical form

there are only a handful of worthwhile bands in the genre that actually did anything interesting. the rest sound like germans channeling their autism into psychedelic rock.

>90% of it is just basic repetitive pop muzak

>Can - Tago Mago
>one whole side is occupied by a bizarre sound collage; the rest is minimalistic psychedelic rock, repetitive but obviously with purpose of creating a hypnotic atmosphere rather than making you remember the catchy melody like pop music
>Amon Düül 2 - Yeti
>improvised, very little repetition
>Faust - Faust
>same as above, with sound collages
>Neu! - Neu!
>two extremely minimalistic (in terms of rock music) 10-minute tracks, rest of the album are sound collages
>Tangerine Dream - Zeit
>opens with ten minutes of dissonant string quartet droning, rest of the double album is dedicated to strange static soundscapes

Yep, sounds like basic pop muzak. Hopefully you just mistook some schlager for krautrock. Otherwise, I recommend a visit to your otorhinolaryngologisz.

good post

>namied all the better krautrock releases
>thinks he proved OP's point wrong

/thread

you confused those 10% with the 90%

List me some of those 90% bands and albums.
Btw, relatively few krautrock aficionados care about the post-'75 music, most of it lost the essential characteristics of krautrock and became shitty. So, a late Amon Düül album doesn't count as proper krautrock, for example.

Krautrock is what would have happened in the US if psychedelic rock had kept going and become more experimental and incorporated more eastern and academic influences. It's just the logical conclusion to that idea and it sounds fucking great, even if 90% isn't as original as the god tier 10% it still has enough of a unique ethos to make it interesting