Sup Forums said its one of the best albums pop punk has to offer

>Sup Forums said its one of the best albums pop punk has to offer
>try to listen to it
Utter trash. Why is this even considered to be good? Its not half as good as American Idiot

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4tfl1srlE4U
youtube.com/watch?v=nNrSISR8o2E
youtube.com/watch?v=aQakCeVa48M&feature=youtu.be&t=1s
youtube.com/watch?v=nLWfQRNOCvc
youtube.com/watch?v=v4aHrvqHNR8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

is this aliencore

>he likes greenday

Here's my problems with this album

The party song
All the small things
The album is another victim of "good sound, stupid lyrics"
Scott Raynor left

pop punk is fucking terrible

ayy lmao

why would anyone listen to user saying this? at least make a point

make a point? you mean have ears?

Cuz you listened to the wrong album, m8

yeah user opinions mean nothing especially when they arent argued well

well maybe i just wanted to talk and not really make a point

you're wrong and you should feel bad. i guess. i dunno, i'm bad at this.

thats allowed but dont expect people to care about shit talking here. Sup Forums can have in depth taste discussions

gimme a minute, i'll figure out to express why i don't like pop punk. or i won't, and i guess if i don't, i'll give a few albums a try.

step it up sempai this album will never let you down

my favorites are offspring-smash, first 2 sum 41 and misfits-american psycho. whole genre sounds juvenile but those albums sound less whiney

This
Pop punk is like claiming to be pro life and dying anyways

hm, i like the offspring from what i've heard, but could never get into later misfits. kinda funny cuz my friends keep gigging with michale graves.

i'll check out the sum 41 stuff.

The best album pop punk has to offer is either Insomniac by Green Day,My brain hurts by Screeching Weasel,The sound of a new world bribg born by crimpshrine or Joyce Manor s/t

Smash is the greatest pop-punk album ever

>he doesn't like the party song

whats my age again is such a good fucking song

green day is not pop punk, pop punk is a skate punk subgenre

It's weird, I love Never Hungover Again but everything else by Joyce Manor is extremely okay to me at best.

green day is pop punk my man

>genre supposed to be about angst and rebellion
>mix it with genre supposed to be about good fucking feelings and popularity
>get this shitheap

I hate pop punk for the same reason I hate most metal, it's pussy betas overcompensating pretending to be hard asses. (they're also fucking sellouts, and tom is now involved in some weird government psyop shit about aliens or something)

>this album is really good dude
>(if you're in middle school)

I see that the etymology makes sense, but no, green day doesn't even sound pop punk, just listen to Fall Out Boy, PATD and even Blink-182(former skate-punk band) the difference is clear

if green day is pop punk then the buzzcocks are pop punk as well
and wink193 doesn't even compare to the buzzcocks

Tom's always had screws loose even back then, the Aliens Exist song is borderline autobiographical.
Early Green Day falls into pop punk/skater punk/slacker rock, methinks.

they're not melodic enough and the song structures were way too minimalistic, plus the aesthetic didn't fit well with skate punk(although I admit basket case and when I come around almost fall in there)

Buzzcocks (post Devoto anyway) are considered one of the OG pop punk groups. I guess they were more power pop considering the time though.

Have something with some actual grit you fucking babies
youtube.com/watch?v=4tfl1srlE4U

green day is so obviously pop punk what are you even doing on this board

Pop punk's got something of a tradition in punk from way back, you could argue that Ramones, Descendents and Jawbreaker could all fall into pop punk. I see it as something of a 2nd wave of power pop, in a way.

if I say, "Santa isn't real," do I need to make a point? no. it's immediately understood and agreed upon.
it is likewise with pop punk.

its called variety nobody's a "hardass" here even if you know black flag

terrible format for a point, could say anything is obvious by that logic

oh look at the pretentious cunt showing us some "real punk" wow you are so cool

not it is not, do you even know what a chord is?

A lot of the bands from the scene where green day came from were kind of going against the 80's hardcore sound and they had obvious power pop and ramones influences so I guess describing them as 2nd wave power pop isn't too far off. I mean a lot of pop punk bands,sound wise,are closer to Weezer than something like Dead Kennedys

indeed
even hip hop and emo is more bearable

I never said I was you insecure little fuck, I said the people making the music aren't, and they're pretending to be, and I can fucking smell it like shit on a pig.

yeah but the 00s pop punk scene (ATL, All American Rejects and Good Charlotte and other gay shit) is also called pop punk and they have little to no connection with these bands you mentioned(apart from Descendents)

Dead Kennedys also doesn't have a traditional punk sound, I mean there's loads of guitar riffs and dissonant chord progressions

There is good pop punk, like the Queers and Screeching Weasel

> you could argue that Ramones, Descendents and Jawbreaker could all fall into pop punk

Always considered them to be in there. Hell I've called the Descendents the best pop punk band multiple times although I've taken a big liking to Screeching Weasel as of late.

Jawbreaker is a bit on the emo side though. Then again a lot of emo is on the pop punk side of things too.

Pop punk really doesn't have that negative stigma to me so I don't care. I'll listen to Discharge or Cro-Mags then go on to Wheatus and Fall Out Boy.

not defending the whole genre but even dookie (which isnt my thing) isnt a tough sounding album at all is there pop punk about bar fights or something out there?

I'm talking about the 90's scene, not the 00's, that one is inspired by pop punk bands from the 90's rather than their influences.

>is there pop punk about bar fights or something out there?

Pop punk is pizza not beer.

Yeah, it doesn't sound tough at all, or angsty or punkish. It just sounds like a preteen fart in C major with fast drums and a wannabee heroin addict whining over top.

Either pizza or weed depending on which era.

just think youre reading into punk that its supposed to be intimidating

Seems about right.

I grew up listening to pizza. Pizza over bitches.

tough doesnt eqaul angsty or punkish

this is the best pop punk ever got, unironically

youtube.com/watch?v=nNrSISR8o2E

Punk was made to be the literal antithesis of pop.
As to which a group of guys who have probably never sniffed their balls in their fucking life, have personal hair stylists, and put on make up before going onstage to play to a crowd of 14 year old jailbait schoolgirls(who they wouldn't dare fuck because that's not PC) their music which just consists of pretending you're not a 35 year old man acting like a caricature of what an 8 year old thinks iggy pop is.

>punk was made to be the antithesis of pop
if thats true a mix of those 2 things could be really interesting

(aren't)

That's 00's pop punk, the 90's one was basically a bunch of stoners and slackers making songs about being aimless (not necessarily in a positive light) and relationships of varying success, mainly.

Greatest punk pop album of all time coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=aQakCeVa48M&feature=youtu.be&t=1s

it's funny because the sex pistols were just a pop band dressed in edgy outfits

>Kidz Bop

The person singing sounds older than Blink-182 in 1999. This shit sounds like my 48 year old uncle got drunk and got into my cd stash from when I was kid.

Punk is just freedom. You can sound as poppy as you want. It's the passion that matters.

A lot of the OG punk bands are pretty damn poppy after all.

Yeah interesting if you're a soulless corporate whore who wants to bastardize every form of genuine human expression, or a 12 year old who needs a nice adult to dumb him down music with no commercial boundries to pretend to be cool.
Go back to sucking dicks and listening to 4'33

>dressed in edgy outfits
You mean who actually had some semblance of being rock and roll?
You do realize that a human isn't just the outfit he puts on, right?
Some people actually have a fucking personality.

>punk is about freedom and passion
Yeah, but all the main pop-punk bands have neither, Blink is just a group of losers trying to get people to see how cool they are, green day are the epitome of posers.

as others have pointed out punk has always had pop melodies. if ya wanna have a bad attitude and call it punk thats fine doubt much good art will come of that

they knew nothing about anarchy and Malcom told them what to do step by step... talk about personality

>punk has always used major chords
Tell me something else sunshine

Screeching Weasel is fantastic, yeah. I suppose pop punk feels odd to most, but going as far as to claim Ramones aren't punk is pretty bollocksy, just because a song can have a good hook and chorus does not mean it can't be punk.

you mean power chords major is a kind of scale

>they dint know my special sunflake political system
What a suprised they just wanted to fuck everything up.
>Malcom told them
>it happened because I said so
ftfy

>major chords equals pop melodies
One, that's massively wrong, two, have you ever even listened to fucking Buzzcocks? Are they not punk?

Dunno man, a lot of Blink's songs don't paint them as cool people.

I don't feel like Green Day are posers either, maybe that's cuz they really fucking love Operation Ivy like I do. I feel like they started out of true love for the music.

Ramones are punk but just pop punk.

I mean they're basically old 50s style rock and roll played a bit faster.

you literally just described The Sonics

>Buzzcocks
Yeah, they're punk. What you not get about some fucking chord progressions not equaling pop?

Hey I love the Sonics and garage rock too. I've always seen the Ramones as an evolution of them.

I mean damn this shit came out in 1966 and sounds like something from a decade later.

youtube.com/watch?v=nLWfQRNOCvc

I bet you don't even listen to that shit, nevermind the bollocks is a 6/10 maximum

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat

>6/10
still has a fucking soul to it.
Have you listened to a fucking blink album? they have one song and then a bunch of bland repetitive garbage the rest of the fucking disc.
Like shit, the entire band can be condensed into the openings to dammit and dump weed, you basically have the entire bands worthwhile output.

Beethoven's 9th, David Bowie's Heroes and Ramones' Glad to See You Go all rely mostly on I-V chord progressions harmonically speaking. They sound absolutely nothing alike.

Are you actually fucking illiterate?

bro where u going never said I liked blink

Blink has more than Dumpweed and Dammit.

Be like me saying Pistols only have Anarchy in the UK and God Save the Queen and the rest is just filler.

name a single song of blinks that isn't just a derivative of those two songs, or complete trash.

No, just suffering from an incredibly painful migraine and misreading things all the way down.

Do you know los saicos? they have a bit of a surf but they're arguably one of the first bands of all time
youtube.com/watch?v=v4aHrvqHNR8

bro do you even Family Reunion? Always and Feeling This are my favorite ones btw

Listen I'm pretty intoxicated and my reasoning skills are nonexistent.

What's My Age Again
All the Small Things
Adam's Song
Going Away to College

Are all fucking classics, I'm not even into Blink that much.

Yeah I've heard of them, most notably their song Demolicion.

Shit's crazy for 1965,

>3 chords and dick jokes are better than an actual attempt (albeit a hilariously shallow one) at being topical

>3 best sounding chords
>jokes about best organ

>t. 2003 middle schooler

>What's My Age Again
Is might as well be dammit 2.0 with a shit riff toned down, also trash
>all the small things
Ok you got me one
>Adams song
Trash
>going away to college
trash

>t. 2003 school shooter