I think Souvlaki is way better than Loveless

I think Souvlaki is way better than Loveless

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=l9-NOIalUYU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

how come?

it is

Nowhere and Spooky are better than both.

Then you don’t get Loveless, simple as that. Listen again till it clicks.

Loveless is a lot less accessible but a lot better than souvlaki, so finding people who prefer Loveless is actually a pretty good pleb filter

Quality thread [\sarcasm]

kek

Loveless is extremely accessible though.

>thinking your opinion is fact

What are opinions

that's weird, most newcomers say loveless is boring and that all the songs sound the same.

And they ALL start loving it a month afterwards. Lolveless isn't "top 40"-tier accessibility, but it's really easy to get into nonetheless.

its really easy to get into because its a masterpeice desu senpai

i liked loveless on first listen... there's heaps of repetition of the catchy melodies so i dont really get how u need it to 'click'

Ew no. I get Loveless and I like it, but I simply cannot compare it to the absolute bliss Souvlaki brings me.

Quality comment[\sarcasm]

Cringe

Your opinion does not deceive you.

Souvlaki is way better than Loveless.

Loveless is too repetetive and gets boring quickly.

Also the obnoxious MBV fans doesnt help it at all. See

This album bores me, and I never understood it's appeal.
For reference, I really enjoy Mazzy Star. So I know it's not the genre that's bugging me.

I agree.
I would have to say, Loveless is more iconic in how well it exemplifies the stereotypical Shoegaze sound and aesthetic, but Souvlaki is an album I get far more personal enjoyment through listening.

>Spooky
What?

The better MBV album.

>he hasn't heard of Lush
They're not even obscure.

Loveless is more important and powerful but Souvlaki is a better album overall
And Slowdive is a pretty well-known band. You're not a patrician for having this opinion.

Fuck off Pygmalion is better.

Kill yourself

Slowdive is the definition of a band with 0 personality, Mazzy Star/Hope Sandoval have a lot, so I thats why it bores you, you have superior taste senpai.
What I find hilarious about Slowdive its that they where considered bandwagon jumpers at the time and still managed to miss it. If Pygmalion came out 2 years later when post-rock became a thing it would've gotten huge praise, but they chose to jump the Mazzy Star/Red House Painters bandwagon with Mojave 3, only that they where too late to the game. Still Mojave 3s debut is less dull than most of Slowdives albums

No you.

underrated shoegaze passing through

Accurate. OP has poor hearing.

Why do so many shoegaze albums have animals on their covers?

Dogs are too chad

no
no
stop posting any time
yes
no

Is the guy nearest the camera the bassist? The guitarist?! I DONT KNOW WHO IS WHO

>tfw to intelligent

this

self titled is good too

New on this board. I think it's interesting how young people are intereted to My Bloode Valentine's music. It was realli the best thing for me in my teenage years.

big shoegaze resurgence in general, imo

Loomer, To Here Knows When, and What You Want are better than every track on Souvlaki. Do you even see sound in your head, m8?

slowdive kinda sucks honestly

Die.

>most newcomers
The only album most people know MBV by is Loveless - it's their most mainstream album, accessible or not

>NO! MY BAND IS BETTER THAN YOURS!
>NO! MY BAND!!!
>REEEEE
off yourself, faggots
Both are fucking amazing

>Both are fucking amazing

The difference in quality between Souvlaki and Loveless is larger than the difference in quality between Wal-Mart no-brand cola and Coca Cola

I'd agree with this.
Loveless is classic "more influential than good". Suffers from being samey and gets grating after a few songs.

>Slowdive are musicians
>MBV are artists

Mazzy Star were never that good in the first place, don't kid yourself.

I can't get enough of When You Sleep's staring riff. This is too beautiful
youtube.com/watch?v=l9-NOIalUYU

The most Japaneses thing ever conceived that isn't Japanese

kys

Stop talking about MBV and talk about Slowdive!
Did you like the new album? Favorite song off it?

Their albums just don't have enough good ideas. She has a nice voice but she only ever sounds sad, it's not as varied as something like Portishead, Once I'm at that 7 minute title track her affectation just sounds fake to me, and the music is just slowed down velvet underground chords with slide guitar so it can sound bluesy or rootsy in the most superficial way possible.
Wasn't huge on it but there are some good tracks.

Slowdive has a few patrician tracks on Souvlaki but Loveless is just perfection.

>Loveless is just perfection.

He's right tho.

Learn to slowdive faggot, souvlaki is pleb tier.

I prefer listening to Souvlaki on the day to day, but Loveless is definitely more influential
I love Hope Sandoval

Souvlaki has better songwriting than Loveless but a lot of shoegaze albums do. Loveless was pretty much about that sheer blissout vibe, that all-encompassing sound and production. Souvlaki's production is brilliant too but in a quieter, spacier way. In that light, it's almost disingenuous to compare the two as they're quite different beyond both being shoegaze classics. Only Souvlaki Space Station is really comparable to Loveless if you ask me, maybe 40 Days and When The Sun Hits at a stretch.

JfaD>Souvlaki>Pygmalion

It objectively is better than Loveless