Stop getting your heart broken you shitlords

Stop getting your heart broken you shitlords.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WuhtFRTohTY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

holy kek

im depressed and not abusive but now i wanna be

Music and misogyny go hand-in-hand

I always thought emo music was about their parents and authority

>mfw it's now misogynist to be a young dude and have shitty, tumultuous relationships

what else will be taken from us

damn

Are they talking about Makedamnsure, a song explicitly meant to sound creepy and stalky?

>organize a gig with different bands
>the only people who show up are shitty emo bands
>No women show up
>put on gig anyways
>get labeled a sexist for not having enough women in my band

You're fucking gay lmao

Same people cry about toxic masculinity.

Shut the fuck up, dumb bitch

Translation: fuck Drumpf and fuck white People

It's sexist to have a bad break up?

Thats not really the point being made and it's weird that adults reading that Tweet can't come to that conclusion on their own

>organize a gig
>some decent local acts
>all girl band that has no skill whatsoever
>local acts slowly fade into oblivion'
>shitty all girl band plays horrible outdated 3 chord pop songs with no originality keeps getting invited to shows almost every week

why

Since when is taking back sunday emo?

Pleb

Cause you touch yourself at night

Le family guy maymay xdxdxdxd

This board is such a fucking joke. Even /r/Music is better

Hopefully everything

what an hero

why do people like this become so defensive when you call Rap misogynistic? A lot of it clearly is and there are zero social repercussions for it

Because black people.

>Sup Forums
>adults

lol u forgot to take off my name earlier dog

Of course hip-hop has a history of misogyny, but so do other genres of music. The problem is that hip-hop gets singled out, which I'm sure has nothing to do with race.

people buy hip-hop about violence what should we expect?

Because that would mean instead looking at why this culture of misogyny has persisted in an African American majority genre and questioning minority culture is a no no

>The problem is that hip-hop gets singled out
then people make a lot of excuses for it and then nothing happens, which I'm sure has nothing to do with race

dude you gotta learn to ignore these dumb retard women they are all gonna be the first to die in the great war to come anyway so who cares what they write online

they're also very homophobic in general

The same fucking thing happens with emo, which is what she is referencing. Hell she isn't even saying hip-hop isn't misogynistic. She's saying there is a hypocritical double standard. And there is.

Then why not go back to plebbit, dumbass?

how is being sad about your ex-girlfriend misogynistic? and having 5 all male bands play at a show isn't inherently misogynistic either

theres no stats on this but im sure more violence towards women occurs in mainstream rap then emo, a genre that hasnt been big in 10 years

you must literally be in middle school

hey no... stop saying that. no female perspective IS misogyny. stop asking questions and watch more tv/buy fast food

The emo scene thrives off of a male dominated space and has a lot of lyrics about women being dishonest, manipulative, cheaters, or abusive. Not specific women, women generally.

I don't think this makes emo music inherently misogynistic. I'm not an absolutist and please don't paint me as being one. But you can say really sexist shit and be a good person while being a shit person who says beautiful things. If your only indication of a person being sexist is if they say "bitch" then you aren't paying enough attention.

Because Rap is inherently tied to is majority African American community and creators, and is inextricably linked to those groups for a sense of identity and culture. Therefore, to the kind of people who are always screaming misogyny at everything, Rap is inherently linked to a minority, culturally, so criticizing it is criticizing a minority culture, and that's a huge fucking no-go. ESPECIALLY if you're from outside that culture, ESPECIALLY if you're white and/or male.

Remember, we must entirely, tirelessly examine, deconstruct, and break down every aspect of our culture, except you're not allowed to ask any questions if you're white or male. Ever. You just gotta sit this one out. I'm sure the tweeter from the OP would agree.

>thrives off of a male dominated space and has a lot of lyrics about women being dishonest, manipulative, cheaters, or abusive
senpai thats pop music for better or worse. arent abusive relationships bad and worth talking about?

Nu males BTFO. Will emo ever recover?
Hopefully this leads to the extinction of the gay emo genre in favor of the chad instrumental math rock.

having a kind of uniformed thing where many men are writing songs about women through a male perspective is bound to perpetuate sexist ideas and be objectifying to some extent, unless these are people that are really committed to empathizing with and listening to women,which is rarely the case.

We're talking about this because it was brought up in the OP because it's a scene she has personal experience with. You're probably not wrong but your post has no point in this discussion at all.

Dude did you deliberately cherry pick what I wrote or just didn't read the rest of my post out of laziness?

>chad instrumental math rock.
Normiechads playing prog metal without distortion is not math rock

>to some extent
im fine with this

i did read the rest of it the thing saying good people can be sexist tells me our ideas on that word are very different

If you hate it here so much, then leave.
Why on Earth would you stay here if you love your dear old reddit so much? Nobody wants you here. Stop shitting up the board with your new.

typical of a pseudo-chad to think there is a single """chad""" genre...

No I'm talking about the bit you quoted. The last part was about how it generalises women as cheaters, liars, and abusers. That's not the same thing as writing a song about your personal experiences with one shitty woman. This is why Ween's songs aren't really misogynistic despite their ugly, cruel lyrics directed at a particular woman.

I also love how instead of owning up to these problems, people deflect to other genres.
"Oh this person I like uses slurs directly in their music, and openly threatens abuse? Well this rock guy did hand also tried to have sex with a woman so who's the real asshole"

so then basically your problem isnt with the music? what would be a sexist emo song/lyric?

classic whataboutery

That's sort of fair, but entirely misses the forest for the trees. On one hand, the "misogyny" in emo is caused by being misused, disadvantaged, etc., and making conclusions about the world off of that. That's a fair assumption in the hearts of many young men, but if you examine the ethos of emo as a whole, that's what it is outside of just women. If it gets political, if it gets ethical, if it gets about the state of the world, it's often "The world is shit," "people are fake," etc. etc. etc.; in some sense, it's an inherently broad genre, in that sense.

On the other hand, you have rap, which derives a lot of its popularity in the mainstream and underground both from being about empowerment, wealth, being on top. Listen to the lyrics, hell, listen to the instrumentals until a lot of the sadboy rappers came to prominence; it sounds victorious, it sounds badass, it sounds like you're awesome. It inherently comes from a position of power. When a rapper talks about beating a woman or controlling her, keepin them hoes loyal, it comes from a position of power, of dominance. Not from a shitty relationship or something that happened over and over, which, I suppose, you can occasionally grab a "why a bitch gotta lie" lyric and go "SEE?", but you should understand the point.

There's a clear trend, and it's that the inherent misogyny of rap is proactive, unlike the reactive, passive possible misogyny of emo, if you really classify it that way.

There's also the most important fact here; Emo was always a smaller, niche genre, that has fallen by the wayside, made for outsiders of a certain type. Rap is broad, is almost more plentiful on the radio than pop, has influence on the whole of modern youth culture, and is absolutely huge while being actively misogynistic. There's a reason it deserves criticism - it is so influential that it will actually propagate these things, so if someone says "We need to talk about this instead of the niche shit" maybe think of why.

My problem is the trend and the atmosphere in emo (and in hip-hop) where women are generally treated as objects. Specific lyrics by specific artists about specific women don't bother me at all because it can be transgressive and honest. But when a collective of people start sharing the same shitty ideas about women it feels less like owning your bullshit and more like promoting it.

All unmarried non-virgin women should be gassed

that atmosphere is bigger than music, men and women isolate from each other everywhere

Tara Jane is 100% correct though

>On the other hand, you have rap, which derives a lot of its popularity in the mainstream and underground both from being about empowerment, wealth, being on top. Listen to the lyrics, hell, listen to the instrumentals until a lot of the sadboy rappers came to prominence; it sounds victorious, it sounds badass, it sounds like you're awesome. It inherently comes from a position of power. When a rapper talks about beating a woman or controlling her, keepin them hoes loyal, it comes from a position of power, of dominance. Not from a shitty relationship or something that happened over and over, which, I suppose, you can occasionally grab a "why a bitch gotta lie" lyric and go "SEE?", but you should understand the point.
This is some really poignant shit. Really. This is worth examining more because I know you have a good point here.

Thanks for your earnest response in a place where cynical sarcasm is the norm.

Dude FUCK STRAIGHT MEN and FUCK WHITE PEOPLE

I like how "whining about their ex-girlfriends" is misogynist to this person. Not threatening them, not assaulting them, but being sad about it.

You're gonna have to try harder than that

Classic what

>Hey I want to empathize with women and understand something about this shitty relationship I had
>I'll create some art about it! Maybe that'll help! Get some of the sadness out, say how I feel
>some cunt on twitter: "omg shut up nobody cares stop being sad about ur girlfriend you're probably just shitty and awful fuck you *eyeroll emoji*"
>Well, guess I don't need to try and empathize with women

Correct
The definition of talking out of your ass.

>Listens to Cap'n Jazz and Sunny Day Real Estate
>This is very misogynistic and it's all about how bad women are.

Maybe the most moronic thing I've ever heard

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whataboutism
both 'sides' are doing it ITT

Yeah, i think there's a valid point there,but i still don't think we should be excusing misogyny as it manifest in our more outsider cultures and scenes,still

heres the writing on the wall: everyones a loner and leftists chicks are freaking out that isolated guys might go nutty alt-right. the solution? emo (a meme genre no one should aspire to) is racist err wait actually sexist

Welcome. Figured I'd try instead of just telling you to fuck off, and it's something I hadn't quite connected until that moment. We do occasionally have to actually talk in a while to get anything done instead of just flinging shit.

Not necessarily, but my point is, disregarding criticism of inherently, actively misogynistic cultures and scenes because the people criticizing it have some perceived faults of their own you dislike will lead to it being generally propagated by both groups. Discarding them instead of working with them or attempting to help them understand their issues will just let everyone slink off to their corners and curse at the others across the room.

If we waited for perfect saints to speak truth and change the world throughout history, we'd have never changed.

This is why noone should take women seriously.

This is the culture war truth of it, short sighted as it is. You may think they'll agree on Jewish genocide or white supremacy, but you will never see Sup Forums come together and agree on anything faster than the fact they are lonely, sad, feel abandoned by the world, and just wanted love, and it was taken from them. It's near unanimous. For most of this site, but especially them.

Gee, it's almost like cultivating societies and scenes that form ever-growing outsider groups and their societal disengagement might create groups that want that to change and are angry about it. Imagine that.

Them blacks dont know no betta

Yeah i agree generally, people are flawed and a lot of people are more ignorant than malicious, there is just a certain amount of them needing to be open to criticism and learning,and it gets pretty dicey when the lyrics are meant to be so closely personal but can still end up othering women and what not

Wrong links, that Crazium fuck is the wrong one

emo writes about women as actual people the lyricist cares deeply about, while hip hop treats women as interchangeable objects

Emo music is the officially designated genre for beta males everywhere; hence why it is so whiney all the time

>not specific women, women generally
Examples please

No that's hip hop. It lets bugmen feel masculine and fun and the life of the party through the proxy of a black dude.

>"uh pills are lame"
>jews conveniently missing
did you read that chart before posting?

Oh I always called that "being a douche"
I think the biggest problem is that all this back-and-forth over what genres sexism and homophobia exists in (all of them because its a bigger problem than music) and nobody is tackling that it shouldn't exist at all

fucking this, there's this one local band called sadgirl (original) that was opening for tiny bands in tiny venues a little over a year ago, now they're mid-line for decently large festivals in my vicinity

nobody should tell an artist what they can and cannot write about

as if it wasn't apparent that women don't understand music

Women are far more emotionally abusive towards men than the other way around.

Women should stick to radio music while working in the kitchen, honestly.

you are literally the biggest faggot on this board

and you post in every fucking thread. can we seriously ban tripfags?

all women are vapid status hungry
W H O R E S
and anything youve heard throughout your life telling you otherwise was lying to you
a womans life ambition is to fuck as much as possible, rise in social status and to marry (and oftentimes fuck over) a rich man
every other species on earth does not stay monogamous when it comes to romance/sex, so why do people act like that is the case for humans as well?

>namefags = tripfags
How about we just ban newfags, starting with you?

Idk what your goal is here you're preaching to the choir

>Nieztsche

Modern day feminism, in effect, is about punishing men for not being manly enough

awwwww this man is having all his rights taken away

how about we sell you off as a husband to a powerful woman?

Nice redditspacing

this chart bastardizes the 'ascended one' meme to imply anti-depressants and male feminism is cool and subversive. are we supposed to believe anything in a Sup Forums meme format?

>reddit invented doublespacing
Professor, I forgot my notes, can you teach me of the Sup Forums formatting ways

Guys recommend me some good emo i havent heard yet

nice argument clairofag

Have you heard Merchant Ships
m.youtube.com/watch?v=WuhtFRTohTY

That's thrash metal dude

What's the point being made?

>Tara Jane
Confirmed Stacy.
Opinion discarded.