Grandpa what was it like driving? it must have been so dangerous...but so exciting, I wish I lived back then

>Grandpa what was it like driving? it must have been so dangerous...but so exciting, I wish I lived back then.

It's gonna happen.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U
youtube.com/watch?v=cOf3dJ0vmMg
cnet.com/roadshow/news/googles-chris-urmson-explain-self-driving-car-crash/
youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY
youtube.com/watch?v=UNAa5-uCowY&t=15m4s
youtube.com/watch?v=yh_13xg4Wpg
cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=oMdcWHnbhsw
youtube.com/watch?v=GTJZTc1U1tM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I actually wonder if driving will become illegal at some point. Or only people with special authorization (far beyond a common driver's license) will be allowed to manually operate vehicles.

That's pretty much the plan. It's cattle cars for the rest of us, just like Hitler but even more advanced.

But we'll have a fun time bringing back rocking and tipping them again.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U

That's one the most fun songs ever to play on the bass.

My uncle has a country place, that no one knows about.

sorry, missed this
bravo!

It will be convenient as fuck.
>B-b-but your not a real man your a cuck cause you don't feel in control

Forget boomers and their stupid power status symbol.

>It's gonna happen.

Not anytime soon though.. Robots a shit. They can't handle the complexities of modern urban traffic quite yet.

Get with the program, sheep fucker. Stand in the Official Position until a drone picks you up and takes you where you need to be.

non-libertarians btfo

>Get shitfaced
>Car drives you home for you, no need to waste money on a taxi

>Short on time
>Get stuff done while your car drives you to/from work because you no longer have to focus on driving

>Imminent car-accident
>Driving computer is incapable of panic, makes use of its vastly quicker reaction-times and decision-making capabilities to minimize injury/damage

How is this not an objective improvement for the average commuter again?

Good. Take driving away from people. 99% of people can't fucking do it right, don't pay attention to the fucking roads, text on their phones 24/7 while driving, and cause accidents daily that kill like 40,000 people a fucking year. Driving is a dangerous retarded form of travel and it needs to end, today.

Yes.
Manual driving will be reserved for emergency crews and special equipment like construction vehicles.

The ideal environment for self-driving cars is for every car on the road to be self-driving, so they can share information and behave predictably.

Also if every civilian car is self-driving, there will be no more police chases.

It's fantastic for the average commuter. All the retarded drones who can't drive get out of the way and the rest of us can let loose.

I'd buy a car that can drive itself but I'd never buy a car I can't drive myself.

>Not anytime soon though.. Robots a shit. They can't handle the complexities of modern urban traffic quite yet.

That's totally incorrect, you fucking moron. Do you just make up bullshit 24/7? It's happening in a few years, if that, and the self-driving cars are all over even now. You don't even know it.

There have been 0 accidents caused by self-driving cars, in cities, on highways, or wherever. Every accident has been someone rear-ending the car or hitting the car when it was following all procedures and proper traffic laws.

>every problem has been the goyim not following what it says right here in the talmud

If all cars are self-driving accidents will disappear. All self-driving cars will be aware of all other self-driving cars in the area, what they are doing, and where they are going, and each car can calculate for that and stop ahead of time. Being totally aware of all the cars in a mile area and what they are doing at that exact moment allows computers to literally control the road. Accidents cease to exist.

>>every problem has been the goyim not following what it says right here in the talmud

You're a fucking idiot. Humans are objectively awful drivers and the average commuter is eating McDonald's while masturbating to their cell phone and going 80 on the highway.

shit, that'd be great
>on the highway
>drone cars everywhere
>you're pedal to the metal, 250kph
>drone cars predictably swerve out of your way
>speeding isn't even illegal anymore

Im honestly hoping for a minority report sort of set up

>city/metropolis car has to be in auto pilot mode controlled by computre
>out in country can manually

Rush hour, accidents and traffic jams would be a thing of the past. Everyone would get home efficiently.

Taking this a step further, traffic lights and stop signs cease to exist.

All cars drive with such precision, accuracy, and timing that there will be almost no need for prolonged or timed stops. If people try to cross the road, the cars immediately stop when they sense people and haven't hit a person yet.

it looks so fucking gay

It's a test car

>Driving becomes a nuisance or simple necessitie instead of also being fun.
>Cant roadroage at anyone anymore
>Roadtrage at stupid computer making stupid shit and thus wasting time
>Nobody can drive anymore, except of the few people that didnt arrived in 2020 yet.... I mean come on!
>First thing done is to ban all non-auto cars inna city cause the computers are shit and cant handle human controlled traffic.
>Muh safety, think of the children etc.
>Even more SJW
>The stupid dont even die in car accidents anymore.... thus even more stupid people get to live.

What a total failure mankind what become.... thats brave new world tier shit.
>UK
Oh ok, no wonder you dont have a problem with that.

That said, if it was entirely optional then yes... but our gubbermint wouldnt let it be just optional.

There will still be some accidents.

Breakdowns/blowouts, road debris, animals in the road, ice, standing water, etc.

They will be a lot more seldom though.

People who only go 80 on the highway really should be pulled over and shot.

Which brings us to the point of

wouldn't you like to be able to do random shit instead of having to focus on the road? I for one, don't give a fuck about "driving", why not be able to do shit while you are on the way to wherever?

There won't be any steering wheels in the future.

And it looks fucking gay

>most of us will be lonely old repilled anons without grandsons

why living?

All situations already tested.

This car should be named the cuckmobile

Good.

I don't want to be on the highway with people texting, eating, putting on make up, falling asleep, spacing out, crying or having road rage.

People shouldn't be allowed to drive.

yea they really have this robotic automation thing figured out senpai

Not me

>HI'm a little german, my country is only 5 hours long hahaha

Hey. In America, we have to travel across the country and it can take over 3 fucking days. Driving isn't fucking fun. I'm tired of it.

youtube.com/watch?v=cOf3dJ0vmMg

>How is this not an objective improvement for the average commuter again?

Because self driving cars don't actually work properly yet, as evidenced by the fact that they're not actually on the road in Europe.

Also this.

>That's totally incorrect, you fucking moron. Do you just make up bullshit 24/7?
Where are all the self driving cars then?
> It's happening in a few years, if that, and the self-driving cars are all over even now. You don't even know it.

Unless you're talking about 'drive assist' Teslas, you're wrong. There are no self driving cars on the road in the Netherlands... Since March they've been doing some tests on tracks and open roads with ACC-technology, and the conclusions for now are that the technology is not yet at an adequate level to enable REAL autonomous driving. Even in a track setting, a 'train' of more than 6 cars had problems coming to a stop in time if the first car had to make an emergency stop. The last car(s) could not stop in time on multiple occasions.. And these cars weren't even fully autonomous, they based their actions on the cars in front of them.

>There have been 0 accidents caused by self-driving cars, in cities, on highways, or wherever. Every accident has been someone rear-ending the car or hitting the car when it was following all procedures and proper traffic laws.

cnet.com/roadshow/news/googles-chris-urmson-explain-self-driving-car-crash/

ok.

That kind of intolerance will be illegal, too, fixing another problem!

>It's cattle cars for the rest of us, just like Hitler but even more advanced.
You're a hyperbolic fucknut. The sky is falling, isn't it chickenlittle?

You should be embarrassed to speak.

if i ever see a car driving itself im shooting it to death for my own safety.

Nice, posting like 4 year old video from a shitty competitor.

youtube.com/watch?v=rVlhMGQgDkY

>Humans are objectively awful drivers
>the average commuter is eating McDonald's while masturbating to their cell phone and going 80 on the highway

Seems to me you're projecting American values on the rest of us, user... Don't do that.

youtube.com/watch?v=UNAa5-uCowY&t=15m4s

>imminent car accident
>car decides to kill you instead of killing others

It's just the tip of all the ethical problems self-driving cars will create.

>Not ocassionally having fun driving above 200kmh
Why do you even live if not for the little things?
Of course driving isnt fun most of the time, but those few times it is are the ones that are important.
And not doing the same shit everyday 24/7 for all of eternity.

>driving isn't a necessity now
>roadraging is good
>human traffic is good
>safety is bad
>less people die
This somehow leads to SJWs.

Lay off that whetstone, Hans that edge is sharp enough.

I can see a future in which major thoroughfares are automated; most surface streets and rural roads will always require human control, but when you get to a limited-access highway, you pull into a "staging lane" for your car to sync to the system and take over.

Not to say that would be trouble-free, but it would allow traffic to flow very fast and largely without accidents and the bottlenecks caused by impatient drivers.

It'll be an interesting transition, but not one that I'll blindly oppose. Due to the always-looming possibility of the system "crashing" (from malfunction or malice), I don't foresee an era without human-operated controls, though.

>They can't handle the complexities of modern urban traffic quite yet.
with the amount of deaths per year, neither can humans.

These cars can be put on the road today and they WILL do better than people.

Soz, just so happens I work not too many offices over from the self-driving car people. They worked it out to try to land one on Mars.

And they look cool, too, unlike OP, because they're made by actual engineers rather than fags.

>HI'm a little german, my country is only 5 hours long
>In America, we have to travel across the country and it can take over 3 fucking days.

That's just because of speed limits though, user.

>and the rest of us can let loose.
no, it'll just be illegal for you to drive and good thing with your "letting loose" shit.

friendly reminder that having a self-driving car automatically makes you a cuck for life.

That's what I was saying years before it became a popular argument.

It's quite astonishing how stupid scientists can be when you present them with arguments that go against their preconceived notions.

If only you had superior trains...and Strassenbahn...and bicycle paths...there would be no need for privately owned autos, right?

>getting your time and attention cucked by the wheel
imagine how much it adds up to

>"car decides to kill you instead of killing others"
>"I don't know how computers work so I make stupid statements like above"

An Audi does this too.

What happens to motorcycles?

40,000 people die a year
90% are from wrong turns.

>the average commuter is eating McDonald's while masturbating to their cell phone and going 80 on the highway.

Wanna know why I can't take your argument seriously?

>with the amount of deaths per year, neither can humans.

All humans are not equal though... There are 3.4 road traffic deaths per 100k inhabitants in this country, and more than 10/100k in yours.

>These cars can be put on the road today and they WILL do better than people.

Again, in the US maybe... In this country I forsee loads and loads of cyclists being killed by 'autonomous' machines that lack the insight human beans do.

I'm not saying it'll never happen. I'm saying we're not there yet..

>In this country I forsee loads and loads of cyclists being killed by 'autonomous' machines that lack the insight human beans do.

You're an idiot.

That's exactly how computers work, retard. That's how the USSR was supposed to be better. That's why IBM's Watson computer was used as the role model for the global collection of medical records to improve the efficiency of medical care for meatbags like you.

a newspaper here wrote that car looked like a "depressed coala bear"
pretty accurate, desu

How the hell is the self driving car myth still alive? It cant be done they have given up on the idea.

>it must have been so dangerous...but so exciting, I wish I lived back then.
Rich people dont drive for a reason, its actually tedious as fuck, the only reason you like it is because you think its masculine.

Also just imagine how comfy self driving cars will be once they get rid off all the unneeded clunks.
Going on a road trip would be God tier.
The screens of the car can now be used as a computer interface since the only reason big car makers didnt invest more in CIs is that theyre seen as distractions for a driver. Tint the windows and you have your own little cinema. Better car entertainment.

What exactly is the point of a road trip if you're just sitting in what might as well be a cuckshed and staring at a computer screen?

If self driving cars run into fucking CITY BUSES in America, how are they ever going to navigate this bullshit?
youtube.com/watch?v=yh_13xg4Wpg

You cannot program machines to deal with the insanity of teenagers and children on bikes mingling with motorised traffic..

They literally already exist, the fully autonomous ones just aren't ready for consumer use yet.

See

Bikers here will ride up next to a city bus and turn their mirrors around if the bus driver is an ass.

Then the bus has to pull over and spend time to re-adjust them properly and make everyone late to work. Asshole bikers are assholes, but reasonable ones are bros on the road.

I meant a simple necessity in the way that it doesnt actually mean anything else then to go from point A to point B, without actually experiencing it.
I.e. You never ever have fun driving anymore, instead of just occasionally having fun.

Yes roadraging can be fun, coming up with new swear words for the other drivers and harrassing too slow drivers... or those fucks that post on jewbook during driving.

Never said human traffic was could, just that the computer couldnt handle it and our gubbermint would ban everybody from entering cities w/o an automated car.

Over-the top safety and "muh children" is bad yes. Living is risk, w/o risks life is dull.

And yes, it is a problem if stupid people dont die anymore.

Oh its a fucking leaf....no wonder.

get banned

These got tested here in California and they turned out to be disastrous. One almost caused a bus to crash into oncoming traffic while it was filled with people because its decision making is based upon movement sensors and not on intuition like humans.

Google had to recall the test line back after one accident where a total of three cars were involved because the car did not take human error into account and follows traffic laws to the letter.

There a number of cases like this. It sounds more like a PR stunt gone wrong than anything else.

cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/leading-causes-of-death.htm

You're more likely to die after eating one of your greasy shit burgers than getting into a wreck.

How are there so many faggots in this thread who don't enjoy driving?

Thats the way cucks imagine roadtrips.... dont ask why I´m sure theres some really really stupid reasoning behind it.

>Sure I got blindsided by someone texting behind the wheel and now I'm paralyzed from below the waist, but at least I'm not in a dull old self-driving car :^)

I don't think it will. Imagine how much it'd cost to get every car in America replaced with self driving ones? Or even worse imagine trying to do that in China with their new car market? How will the govt get everybody to give up their cars and buy self driving ones? Can the govt really afford to pay me the 36k my car is worth to confiscate it? Trying to take American's cars would be like like trying to take our guns, good fucking luck.

>Google
>Doing anything right in the past decade or two

That's what happens when you staff the place with manchildren, everyone.

>bin those keys

Why didn't you become organized and time efficient in the first place, lazy cuck?

Also these cars are going to be a godsend for blind people.

MUH HUMAN DRIVERS HAVE BETTER REACTION AND ABILITY THAN COMPUTERS

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=33&v=oMdcWHnbhsw

Cars went from machines with souls that provoke a visceral reaction when you step on the gas to disposable appliances that just get you where you want to go.

I don't disagree with this. But a big problem was the car's reaction time. It had to wait until somwthing got into sensor range to make a decision.

Why? So we can radiotag blind people so the cars won't run into them anymore when they're stumbling around like blind people who obviously can't see where they're going?

They would acutally be NEW and not "old".

But yes, there are risks in fucking EVERYTHING.

Damn, a jogger got hit by a falling tree in my area and is now a vegetable.
>Ban jogging!
>Sport is murder!
>Be safe, dont be fit!

Whatever the reason is this thread is full of numale citydwellers who want to live in a hugbox where nothing unsafe ever happens.

These are the type of people that support gun control.

>tfw no license
I keep thinking I should get one, but it's hella expensive here in quebec, and I live in the city so it's not like I need a car.
I don't think self-driving cars will ever be a thing, nor will car culture ever completely go away. I could see public transit actually becoming legitimately trendy and hip, though -- it's already happened with the STM here in Montreal. Taking the metro isn't something to be proud of, but it's not something anyone is ashamed of like they used to be.

>Google
>Doing anything right in the past decade or two
This. Remember Google Glass? Google Video? Google Talk? Google Hangouts? Google+? Google ain't shit. They're a glorified holding/acquisitions company. All their great products are things they bought up and then made significantly worse almost immediately: Android hasn't been good since 2.4, YouTube was absolutely not google's creation and only got clunky after they acquired it...

Or will we put braile on the cars so the blind people can walk up and touch them and be able to determine that it's a car?

It would be unsafe and discriminatory to do otherwise.

MUH CAR MUH DIK
t.nigger

Okay now lets see a computer do this.

youtube.com/watch?v=GTJZTc1U1tM

I can cherry pick too

You faggots sound exactly like gun-grabbers, right down to being obsessed with dicks.,

You need guns to keep niggers,wackos,zombies, the queen and king of england, etc out of your property.
You dont need to cling to old cars for shit, you just have this working class mentality that your car represents your virility.