Sup Sup Forums

sup Sup Forums
how do you cope with depression? everything I used to do no longer works and I'm all out of ideas. also general feels thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/gMo_7YQ0JUI
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29385721
abhayagiri.org/books
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You don't

Self harm and chocholate milk

self harm only causes more problems, I'll try chocholate milk I guess

making music, meds, and don't going outside and sometimes self harm but I got that in hand

Hard drugs. In unhealthy quantities.

cry while listening to hurt by johnny cash and everybody hurts by r.e.m.

Eating healthy + cutting soda and only drinking water + exercise. Seemed to improve my mood a lot.

what drugs work for you guys?
I am not really able to cry anymore despite how much I try to let it out, and sad music just makes me more suicidal 80% of the time

>how do you cope with depression?
Kill yourself.

For me the self harm have helped, just keep it on a safe level. And exercise. And driving.

that's not very nice faggot

We will see yourself in another life. When we you are both cats.

Any. Unfortunately for too long it's been heroin. Still prefer mdma or lsd. Just unable to find it anymore because I don't know anyone.

lorazepam 3 at the day for me, and I need a bunch more meds but Im trying to control this shit only with that

Try doing things that bring you, joy. For me, its exercise and vidya and going out alot... talk with people, try to relax, enjoy simple things in life, have a beer and keep yourself occupied at all times, dont give yourself the time to think about depressing shit. Trust me, i had to climb out of this shit.... what helps you, is also facing your demons...write down whatever is bothering you the most about yourself, and then try aorking towards bettering yourself on that field. Self improvoment will also give you some confidence and help you towards reaching new goals... remember user, its never too late to turn your life around, it only depens if you're willing to do it, but gotta start sometime, so why not right now?

i typically just drink and smoke enough weed to not feel the pain then go into the bathroom turn on a red light and just cut myself 5-10 times while listening to synthpop megamixes.

id recommend namnambulu or youtu.be/gMo_7YQ0JUI

becoming an hero is the cowards way out
I have tried all those things but hasn't really helped, everyone says exercising and eating healthy makes you feel better but I tried for months and saw physical results but nothing mentally
maybe
not willing to go into heroin, may look into the effects of mdma,and I have done lsd but it is only good if in the right mindset.
thanks user I'll check it out
thanks user but sadly nothing seems to bring me joy anymore and as for facing my problems there isn't much I can do that I haven't done.
drinking makes me do stuff I regret even more and my tolerance for alcohol and weed is very high now so not the most effective thing to do

I was depressed for 14 years without knowing it
When I was clinically tested and diagnosed I ignored them all and fixed it myself within 2 months

Simple formula of
>At least an hour of sunlight per day
>Exercise at least 4 hours per week
>Regular social interaction
>Good sleep
>Good diet
>Good management of stress

These will cure any depression other than that caused by recent traumatic events like loss

Anyone arguing otherwise is talking shit or making excuses

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29385721

Get your head around this:

You do not have depression, just depressing circumstances.

I was told I had depression. And for years I went along with what the Drs said. But then I had a look at my life. I had many depressing circumstances in my life.

Yes I have removed some, if even of only thinking about them in a different way. And it has helped.

I’ve gone thru even more bad times, but I know know it’s the circumstances that are depressing, not that I have depression.

So - these days I’m a generally happy guy that deals with some depressing circumstances.

*if your body has switched over to medical depression, take your meds til you don’t need to any more.

Best of luck user.

Effexor killed my medical depression flat.

Spoken like a true edgy NEET

Obviously what I’m about to say is so much easier said than done and I’ll probably just sound like an idiot for the following but first you have to become self aware and acknowledge what’s really making you depressed. Think about what can be done to change some things even in very small ways. If your depression is very bad and has been going on for years, feeling even a tiny bit of happiness (no matter how brief the moment) can be refreshing. But that happiness won’t last and you have to be aware of this. Life can be completely fucked, everyone knows this. Life can be such a fucking cunt, Im sure you’ve seen a rekt thread before. When something good happens it hardly ever lasts, when something bad happens it feels like it can linger around for years without any signs of getting better. But at some point it just might. You’ve got to keep telling yourself that but all of this is meaningless without the following.

Whenever something pisses you off.. when something reaaaally fucking gets to you or you’re just sick of feeling like shit all day every day.. try and not give a fuck. That’s really all there is to it.

Not giving a fuck is natural to some but not everyone can do it.

Is you feeling like absolute shit benefiting you? Is there even a point in feeing like shit? Does the situation your in even deserve your attention? Can you ignore it?

If you’re in that position where you can’t ignore the reasons for your depression, try and come up with something that takes up your time. People always say “find a hobby!”, which sounds gay af but it really can help.

I really thought for so many years that life wouldn’t get better.. but somehow things would pop up out of no where that made me a little happy. Those moments combined with learning how to not give so many fucks helped me personally. Of course this is oversimplifying how hard depression can be to treat but I hope somewhere in this rambling in mind someone finds something they can relate 2

These are good tips

you don't. you're just in a holding pattern until it eventually kills you.

you might be able to put it off a decade or two if you're lucky.

Stop masturbating
Stop eating meat and dairy and eat fruit, vegetables, nuts, seeds instead
Go for a walk and run out in nature everyday
Be asleep in bed by 10pm every night

Everything is impermanent, user. I've set up a Buddhist shrine in my bedroom. It has a cabinet, and I open it, light some candles/incense, and leave some food in there, like apples, and bottled water. I know there isn't a Buddha giving me good luck, but when I do this, I'm reminded of his teachings.

fap, eat, smoke dat gud kush
it's not healthy to rely on such things, but they'll make you happy for a brief time

>relying on externals for your own happiness
user, please. Humans have known for thousands of years that that's not the way.

hell if I care
the pills didn't fix me
therapy didn't fix me
changing my life didn't fix me
the only fleeting happiness I can grasp is from external sources
I'm just waiting to die anyway

>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/29385721

fuckin pro approach.
had the same thought.
i feel like shit. hmm is it my bodys fault?
ohh i didnt have a job/purpose. didnt have social contact. bad home situation. go figure.

I see the logic, I do agree with you but am always lacking in one or more of those areas, thank you user.
don't really feel love anymore so hard to be in the center.
I agree that a lot of the time it is all circumstantial however once I am finally able to come to terms with whatever it was upsetting me I still feel depressed for no reason so chances are it may be something medical.
I'll do some research thanks for the suggestion user.
I see your point just my problem is I no longer see joy in anything, I try to not let stuff get to me and usually don't but then there is just some shit that hits me like a train, I try to fix it but my attempts just make it worse.
I haven't masturbated in a few months as nothing even arouses me anymore, I have tried eating better and exercising which I have stated helped me physically just not mentally.
not familiar with buddhist teachings and I am also an atheist but I could look at them and see if it helps, thank you.
yeah I used to do that but eventually it stops effecting you then the thing you rely on no longer helps and you feel even more fucked up because you really need to feel the way you used to but aren't able to

>not familiar with buddhist teachings and I am also an atheist but I could look at them and see if it helps, thank you.
I'm an atheist too, user. Buddha is not a God, nor has he ever claimed to be a God. Just a enlightened being, if we even want to go that far. We can just say he was a man with a great life philosophy. Specifically, look into Theravada Buddhism(the branch that is closest to the Buddha's teachings). The other branches of Buddhism are where you'll find a lot of bullshit, like magical powers and shit. They're still interesting to read, and actually quite entertaining, but it's bullshit. Not to say you wont receive practical advice for them.

Start here: abhayagiri.org/books
Get yourself some free books. Definitely grab a copy of Dhammapada, and Ajahn Chah's boxset. They'll send them to you via Amazon Prime, free of charge, you don't even have to pay the shipping costs.

Quote from Vanilla Sky
good stuff user

I know the feeling of not enjoying anything at all. It made me hate waking up in the morning, I didn’t want to get out of bed and I didn’t want to be in it either. I didn’t even have a reason to get out of bed. Nobody needed me, there was nothing for me to do and I didn’t want to do anything. Everyday felt like the same repetitive shit, I would wake up everyday for years and literally roll my eyes the second they were open. Like “here we go again.. another day of this shit.” And this is exactly how it was for seriously like 4 years straight or some shit.

I was in my early twenties so I think it had to do with growing up and maturing also. I’m 27 now and I’m not exactly what you’d call “ecstatic” about life. Not much has changed outside of myself but I feel like I can manage it now because I’ve matured a little.

But yeah I feel like this subject is fucked. It’s good to vent and let it out ya know? But when I was depressed I would always look for help on here or other places online and not much ever helped me. For me personally it was really a battle that I felt only I could fight because I knew myself better than anyone and I had to be the one that went deep down and did a gay little “soul search” idk wtf you call it haha

I hope it gets better and easier for you brother, try and fight the good fight, you might even be rewarded too.. imagine if after we died there actually was a heaven and gods all like.. “bro, you crushed depression! you passed that shit with flying fucking colours bro, here, you can fuck my misses hey.. just fucking nail her bro, she needs a real man”

I need to take the biggest shit dude yeah so leave homie LOL one love baby WOO gonna take a BIG BOI SHIT got my fucken BIG BOI PANTS ON fuck yeah cunt

Wait before I cut a huge black cigar, don’t take drugs. Only smoke weed if you want to. You won’t beat depression without your mind. Alright now it’s time to put a huge crack in my fucking toilet bowl LOL hugs and kisses xoxoxo

>hugs and kisses xoxoxo
tits or gtfo

Wanna see my shit instead big boi?

VERY HD 1440P photo using a Canon camera

VERY high chance that you’ll see fine traces of potato in my poo because I just at some potato gems

that's not how digestion works

thanks a lot man, had a little giggle while reading that and lost you at the end but I get the point.
I assume you are
wtf did this just turn into

Ketamine

Fucking gross. Nevermind.

Exercise and diet are huge. They are considered legitimate avenues of treatment.

Vitamin D and Omega3 can help to some degree. Exercise creates an endorphin high and boosts mood.

Ketamine is also amazing. Not recreationally. I personally hate it as a party drug, but microdoses can nuke depression. There are guides online if you can find K.
It is currently being researched for this reason. It can banish depression for months at time. I can personally attest to this.
Street K can have a lot of shit in it though, including fentanyl, nowadays. Be fucking careful.

So much this. A round of microdose therapy banished it for months. Any drug that can have months of curative effects off one session is a fucking miracle.

Ahahaha idk sorry I got bored half way through with being serious

Also lots of autocorrect and I’m baked

might attempt microdosing ketamine, what would you guys say is a good amount to try?
it's all good