ITT: albums completely ruined by production

ITT: albums completely ruined by production

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uNRHftDc1Eo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

californication is atrocious

so flat

Hot take coming through

Even though the remaster fixes a lot of things, it still kinda sucks at some parts.

youtube.com/watch?v=uNRHftDc1Eo
Like 4:52-4:55 for an example

It would be better if the production was leaning towards the sound of Candidate

All of The Stooges albums have absolute shit-tier production.
>hurrrr it's so DIRTY and RAWGH and FIERY LAVA MAGMAAAA

>that "WOOSH" sound in Disorder

this one is a bummer. the songs would be such jams if the mastering and production wasn't so flat.

Listening to that song on a really nice pair of headphones is straight up earrape
It makes the Doors s/t sound like Mozart or Pet Sounds

Every remaster of this is fucking DREADFUL.

the production on that album is amazing imo

What does production mean again? Idiots.

really love Doolittle, but for some reason I just can't get behind the production. it just sounds so fucking tinny and thin. maybe it's intentional, or my headphones, but I just wish it sounded better since the songs are so good.

came here originally to post this. fucking hate the wall of sound production, it's so excessive and distracting.

Don't like Spector?

no

I love this album
whats wrong with the production?

most AnCo albums desu

I only listened to this once, but it felt more like it belonged to Fernow's Vatican Shadow rather than Prurient. Definitely has a lot of vibes from Media in the Service of Terror.

ive loved it since it came out. i like the production more than back on top. what dont you like?

>fucking meme-tier folk rock """"""""emo""""""""
neck thyself

It hurts

It doesn't sound authentic to the grander "theme" of their collection, while Back On Top, also heavily produced in comparison to their previous albums, felt much more theatrical which was a direction that I personally found fun and exciting from a band otherwise known for their simple acoustic songwriting and very "College" lyrics. This new album to me seems like a step in the wrong direction from their original shtick. While most of the lyrics are alright the atmosphere of the music has changed drastically, making the songs sound like they were written for cool ass kids who frequent MTV and KISS108 rather than the weird chubby lesbian with blue hair

the worst part is it would probably be one of their absolute best if Ronson didn't fuck the thing

Sounds like a demo.

I love the production on this album...

>32 replies
>no MBDTF

are you retarded user?

would be a pretty decent album if i could actually listen to it without destroying my hearing.

new weezer

do you really think mbdtf is a well mixed album, moron? its easily one of the worst i've ever heard. fucking everything is clipping and pushed to its absolute limits. bass is way too loud and distorted. garbage.

what the fuck are you on about? everything sounds perfectly fine, buy yourself a hearing aid guy

monster is the only track that i can't really stand. that clipping is atrocious

even more proof Sup Forumsfags are absolutely clueless. fucking idiot.

It's easy to forget just how rough pre-Mars Audaic Quintet Stereolab sounded at times.

3/10 bait for making me reply

>very "College" lyrics
>written for the weird chuby lesbian with blue hair
Anyone got any more recommendations of stuff similar to that? Back on top had some okay stuff, but p much nothing from Grey stuck to me, so I'm after something else to scratch that itch.

yep.
still a good album though

is this unlistenable? it's in my backlog and I've enjoyed his other stuff.

Modern Baseball will never let you down

>modern baseball
Agree with - they're a tad more serious than tfb, but each of their LPs sound different enough to distinguish them while still being excellent overall.

>mom jeans
pretty much the midway point between bottoms and baseball - more guitar-driven than the former but still memey (I mean, they sample fucking bob's burgers).

>joyce manor
Universally detested by Sup Forums for being subpar pop punk and/or trashy emo. I wouldn't go that far, but they're basically a poor man's modern baseball

what is this

vriral maeket shill

the mixing of the drums is so bad they may as well not even be there, but without the drums this album is just terrible

which sucks because there are a couple of lift to experience-esque moments that'd be fucking bliss if the drums weren't muddy as fuck

we'd be friends

You take that back. Martin Hannett is an amazing producer.

I think you are very wrong

new Weezer was ruined long before production enters the critique

Weird contribution, but Famous Monsters by the Misfits. Its not a bad album for what it is, but man that sound has not aged well. Its so murky and digital sounding.

....what? Is this bait?

Ignore him, no fucking clue what he's talking about. The production on that album is incredible, just like everything else by Ben Frost

Objectively incorrect

reed didn't like it either
the only good part of sweet jane is the first twenty seconds, it sounds awful. every performance of sweet jane during lou's glam years is a thousand times better than the version on loaded.

not an album but Everything I am on Graduation sounds terrible on earbuds, and only ok on my good pair of headphones

I've been bitching about this for years and I've never had anyone agree with me. Most people consider this top 3 MA but it's such a step down from Alters.

i like it though :(

The guitars are actually worse than the drums. They're the most soulless I've ever heard on a godspeed record.

The Steve Albini version is way better

borderline unlistenable

D'You Know What I Mean was the perfect storm though. The perfect storm.

Gore

Whoever produced this shit doesn't know how to keep your ears from bleeding every time he makes an s sound

Probably his best work in my opinion. Definitely clear out a night and give it a listen.

>trashcan

are you retarded

true. try downloading a vinyl rip, it's way more listenable

the only song on the album that is even remotely well mixed is lost in the world

Anything by Today is the Day

what's is bad about the production on this? this album is amazing

also pic related, still a great album but man the mixing kinda sucks, middle is way scooped out

I love loudness war memes got any more

the mix is flat imo

Just don't be a retard and avoid the Bowie mix and it's fine.
What do you guys get out of just posting bait?

Here's an actual answer.

You think I'm baiting about California am I?
I challenge you to understand every single word Mike says on ONE song.

Seriously? He's a genius of production and mixing, the only complaint I can see is that it's a bit too dynamic, but the extreme sounds work well with high volume so I imagine it was intentional.
They've never been great with production. On their early ones the drums sounded terrible, now the guitars are so blown-out that it just becomes a soup of noise

Way too reverby to the point that everything sounds so dull. I know shoegaze albums have lots of reverb, but it never feels as overpowering as it does here.

Literally rushed garbage

I like this album (I have it as a 4.00/5 on RYM) but jesus christ the production is so fucking bad. I have misophonia, and the production on California with the swishing water and "t t t" sounds she whispers during it seem to be specifically designed to set it off.

Also
>That terrible, terrible """"acoustic guitar""""" in butterfly and the self titled track
>That aggressive, obnoxious, thumping clap drum that smashes your eardrums on every other song
>You can hear her fiddling with a guitar that isn't even on the track in like 3 different songs if you listen closely
>That vocal flourish she does and uses as a crutch in every other song in her entire discography (The haaAAAyyyeeeeyyyyy sound, you know the one)
Great songwriting and hooks but she's so fucking annoying with production

not even memeing

i much prefer the "early mix 1972" to the ones in the released album. they're much cleaner.

all except the great gig which doesn't have clare torry's lyrics in the early mix, those are completely essential to the song.

usually I agree, but this album (ben frost) just sounds really flat to me idk IDK

Grateful Dead's studio stuff

name?

terrible opinion.

The gorgeous production of songs like Isn't It A Pity, I'd Have You Anytime and What Is Life? are largely in service of Harrison's mantra influenced song writing and vibes.

..And then you get to Living In A Material World and it almost immediately becomes bland 70's stuff except a few songs, especially surprise surprise the one Phil Spector song everyone loves off of it.

"How I Learned to Fly" Jack Johnson

>Wilson Schlame loves to make Jack Johnson feel like a total loser. And Jack's had it. That's how he ended up down at the beach. In a creepy, old abandoned house. In the dark. Trying to hide from Wilson. But everything is about to change. Because Jack just dug up the coolest book. It's called Flying Lessons. It tells how humans can learn to fly. Poor jack. He wanted to get back at Wilson. But now that Jack's learned how to fly, things down on earth are getting really scary...

Fucking kek.

>tfw you can't hear the difference between bad and good production
The only one I can think of that obviously sucks is Death of a Ladies' Man by Lenny Cohen.

Literally some of the best production of all time
kys

if you compare the tracks on the earlier mix to the album ones you'll probably notice that the album is noticeably muddier and more crowded

>I love loudness war memes got any more
I LOVE LOUDNESS WAR MEMES GOT ANY MORE

Came here to post this