I need help building a computer. i don’t know why i’m asking on this board

i need help building a computer. i don’t know why i’m asking on this board.

>gaming
>video editing

budget is >$1000

would quad cores be sufficifient?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/cYsXLJ
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883164003
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do a barrel roll

don't ask on Sup Forums, it's against the rules. Yeah. quad-cores are alright it's what I'm running. What are you looking for in particular? A motherboard? Power supply?

pcpartpicker.com
logicalincrements.com
Newegg.com

literally everything, i’m starting from scratch.

yeah i’m on there already but i’d like Sup Forums‘s godly opinion aswell

Fuck off faggot we already spoon feed you.

$1000 doesn't cover a high end graphics card
pic related -one of my rigs

Gay

why are the screens so high?

get a
8700k cpu
1080ti gpu
32gb rgb ram
>win

that neck strain... my neck hurts looking at your rig. kys.

For gaming? Yes. They don’t thread games for 7 cores, generally speaking. Now it’s not going to be sufficient for creating content in blender competitively, and you won’t get rich mining bitcoins... also if it’s literally just for gaming get a freaking Xbox x. Gaming computers aren’t really worth the extra 500 you’ll be spending. Save that money for games.

my build was about 1,200 back when i made it in 2015, maybe you'll find something there...
Sup Forums seems to think shortened URLs are spam so I had to make them into an image, sorry.

forgot the motherboard and my PC is in the shop right now, so can't check.

But he’s playing games not making movies. You colossal faggot

Why the hell would you ever buy a console anymore when nowadays they're just PCs with an OS limited to a dashboard and paid online? Don't listen to this faggot, definitely buy a gaming PC.

Still a bad time to get a graphics card if your lucky you can find on at or close to msrp otherwise you fucked

Because the games will be specked for them. With a pc the games have to be adaptive for the hardware. So you need more resources for the equivalent graphics. A thousand dollar rig produces the same quality graphics as an Xbox x. That’s wasting money. Unless you really need to game online. It will eventually get to the point where gaming computers won’t exist. It will all be cloud based streaming games on your smart tv or tablet. I’m talking 2 maybe 3 years

pcpartpicker.com/list/cYsXLJ

best I can give you half assing this
its above budget $1176
-modest sized SSD you can downsize and save ~$60
-modest sized HDD you can downsize and save again ~$60
"^Put them in there for sake of storage for main shit and separate video storage
above ghetto tier 10 series gtx 1060 for $279.99
"^the price hike from bitcoinfags will end soon and gpus will balance out in price later in the year
-Ryzen 5 1600, went with your picture, chose the 2nd best parse in the series
-randomized case and cheapest bronze full mod psu
-oc able ram
-standard evo cooler
-board that worked with processor

I put no love into this, its just a start. Fuck around with it and get what you want for your budget.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16883164003

Done. Yes, it's a Dell. Yes, that's unfortunate. It's still 99% of everything you need. Wipe the HD and replace win 10 with win 8.1, use whatever monitor you have handy, add 16gb of RAM.

basementdwellingfaggotdrinkhotsauceandpedalintotraffic.jpg

its upside down

I think the price of 1070's and 80's are still climbing. Hopefully the release of the 20xx cards helps things a bit.

Fuck miners and fuck online stores for price gouging.

and fuck you too

Fuck you!

go to bed son and tomorrow try harder
>said the guy with a lot of BTC