Going to the Death Grips concert tomorrow, what should I expect and how should I prepare?

Going to the Death Grips concert tomorrow, what should I expect and how should I prepare?

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s0cmmNUBPZaE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Expect it to be shit. All of their recent shows have been terrible. Can't decide if theyre washing up or doing heroin with ministry \.

Go on stage, and try to give Stephen a big hug. He will appreciate this gesture.

try to dress like an "indie" suburban white boy so you can stand out

Get ear protection because it's almost deafeningly loud, especially in a smaller venue

calling bullshit, terminal 5 was incredible.

You should expect me to kiss you. I'll be the guy wearing the Needle Drop t-shirt and shouting, "Where are my Sup Forumstants? Is anyone here a cool Sup Forumstant?"

It's at the Palladium, which is a large venue.

ill see you tomorrow op

is it all-ages?

Why do these specific threads always pop up? I feel like Sup Forumstants only ever go to Death Grips concerts.

A lot of single mothers in the parking lot waiting to pick up little Timmy after the show

Bring earplugs. Be prepared for the entire crowd to mosh around and getting pushed if you're in the front few rows.

I saw them in 2015 in the same venue as I did this year and I have to say they dropped the ball on the sound this time yet Ministry sounded much better. Vocals and instruments were clear in 2015, this year I couldn't hear Stefan very well and it was all one big wall of noise. No clue if thats intentional.

Yes.

It's a fucking concert what do you need to "prepare" for? It's not like you're going to a gg allin show

Saw them in here in SLC last Tuesday, and I'm not sure if it was our venue here, but the mix was trash. I brought ear protection but due to the mix being so bass heavy, I could barely recognize the samples and cues. They did play the whole set back to back with no breaks which was interesting because they used DJ style beat matching. All in all, it was fun but it felt more like a standard metal show than what you'd expect from a death grips show. (Ministry's visuals were also cringe af but funny in their own right)

Are you sure you dont just love DG?

the show i went to a few nights back, half of the crowd left halfway through, and im hearing similar things about the rest of their shows.

Best mf concert ive been to in a while. Drink lots of water

Also get ready for the cringey redditors. Literally a guy was calling people scrubs before the show

Because the people who post these threads aren't those who regularly go to shows and are instead only going for the memes or some other bullshit like that, it's the same reason why people tend to post threads like this regarding Swans shows too

Saw Hentai shirt and young lad yell "REEEE"

I'm so sorry

That's just sad.

That's 100% just Ministry fans who didn't like DG.

Why didn't you punch these faggots down?

>be me
>see them on the 26th
>ride's performance looks fatigued compared to the last time I saw them
>you can tell he's just not enjoying it as much
>friend who I went with got food poisoning and had to bail mid show
>all alone at a death grips concert
>small girl, couldn't have been taller than 5'6, is constantly punching me in the back to the beat of every song
>finally get mad enough and turn around and tell her to fuck off
>she starts doing it harder
>my blood boils, I've never felt rage like this
>immediately turn around and punch her
>accidently hit her right in the jaw
>she bit her tongue, starts bleeding
>ohshit.jpg
>keep me head down and quickly move toward the exit
>hear her friends yelling at me
>just keep moving
>go home
>plan to never see death grips again

the worst part is I can't listen to any of their music without being reminded of this shit.

roastie status: toasted

lol yeah 4channers aren't cringey at all. We're Cool.

Based user
I saw them at the Fillmore and there was this couple and the girl couldn't stop saying shit like :
>I mean, girls doesn't listen to death grips
>do you think I'm special????
>I got ALL there merchandise!!!!!

>Going to the Death Grips concert tomorrow, what should I expect and how should I prepare?
>Get ear protection because it's almost deafeningly loud, especially in a smaller venue

Don't exert yourself too much.

The Leningrad première of Shostakovich's Symphony No. 7 took place on 9 August 1942 during the Second World War, while the city of Leningrad (now St. Petersburg) was under siege by Nazi German forces.

Dmitri Shostakovich had intended the piece to be premièred by the Leningrad Philharmonic Orchestra, but because of the siege, that group was evacuated from the city, as was the composer himself. The world première of the symphony was held on 5 March in Kuybyshev with the Bolshoi Theatre Orchestra. The Leningrad première was performed by the surviving musicians of the Leningrad Radio Orchestra, supplemented with military performers. Most of the musicians were suffering from starvation, which made rehearsing difficult: musicians frequently collapsed during rehearsals, and three died. The orchestra was able to play the symphony all the way through only once before the concert.

Despite the poor condition of the performers, the concert was highly successful, prompting an hour-long ovation. The concert was supported by a Soviet military offensive, code-named Squall, intended to silence German forces during the performance. The symphony was broadcast to the German lines by loudspeaker as a form of psychological warfare. The Leningrad première was considered by music critics to be one of the most important artistic performances of the war because of its psychological and political effects. The conductor concluded that "in that moment, we triumphed over the soulless Nazi war machine".[1] Reunion concerts featuring surviving musicians were convened in 1964 and 1992 to commemorate the event.

Like others said, bring ear plugs.

If you want merch, get there early and get it before the show starts. Saw them in Kansas City and shit sold out quick.

Find the people who came to see Ministry and chill with them.

If you're in the front, be prepared to be sore as fuck the following day. Had people pushing / jumping on me the entire show.

Sin Quirin from Ministry went along the line before doors opened asking everyone what their favorite Ministry song was, and most people said "I'm here for Death Grips."

>mfw I answered Deity and got a high-five.

Expect it to be fucking legendary. I saw DG in Montreal in July 2016 and it was unbelievable. They were sick, and there was a super friendly and hyped moshpit. these people talking shit like can't into fun

>reddit spacing

Wear some earplugs, learn from my mistake.

I was at the SLC show too and honestly you're a fucking puss for using earplugs LMAO was not that bad and the mix was fine

Expect not to hear any of the lyrics. Expect the songs to not sound even slightly familiar due to terrible loudness. Expect the crowd to either stand therr with their arms folded or be jumping around because it's expected of them.

Lol
This

So anti establishment.

>DG concert I went to was 18+

Thank fuck it was held at a venue with a bar.

see you tomorrow man

same here, had a great time

>LMAO pussy w/ earplugs, rite guys? xD
Let the man bring what he wants, unless you plan on checking his pockets for him too.

I thought DG played first at all the shows.

That happened only when DG finished there set. The crowd went fucking nuts from front to back of the venue.

That's the most Death Grips thing you could've done in that situation, go to as many concerts as you can and clock out 16 year old girls

expect body heat, and lots of it

I saw some guy dressed in a Sam Hyde T-shirt at the Brisbane show. And if the guy with the camera is reading this, it was nice talking to you

>Get ear protection
imagine using earplugs at any concert/show/party lmaoo
fucking pathetic and only acceptable if you're like 16 and under

Good job buddy. Proud of you

They were fucking good last year, huge fun mosh, lot's a people with punk/ hardcore t-shirts.

The Ministry scared me, but it was fun.

I'm planning on going to the Death Grips concert on Nov.8 in Albuquerque. I'm also a fan of Ministry and have seen them in concert before in El Paso back in 2004. I would like to be in the crowd in front of the stage but because I wear glasses I expect they would come come flying off my face.

I saw them last Thursday at Roseland with ministry .

>they played their set on the dot , 830 sharp
>sounds like a wall of noise , can barely make out anything past the BASS
> if you can recognize the song you can kinda tell what's happening
>intense energy
>no encore
>fair price merch
> ministry not for me, really cringe visuals
>waited 45 min behind the venue hoping to get my shirts singed
>Zach waved politely , stefan looked at me like it hurt to have fans while they rode past in a min van

Bring ear plugs too

>Bring ear plugs too
if you're a massive bitch then yeah go for it

Hahaha oh man you got him good

vocaroo.com/i/s0cmmNUBPZaE

take ear plugs, also i lost my front tooth when i saw them which was shit, don't expect a cool down period either, as soon as they start playing it's a non-stop pit till the very end no matter where you are in the crowd

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>WHAT WAS THAT CANT H E A R YOU

Wear your finest replica SA uniform