youtube.com/watch?v=eZeYw1bm53Y
youtube.com/watch?v=mkBS4zUjJZo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

BILLIE JEAN IS NOT MY LOVER

SHE'S JUST A GIRL

AOOUU

>not even MJ could defeat the jews
:(

what was it like to actually watch this guy progressively bleach his skin? I can't even imagine something that fucked up happening today and everyone was just like okay.

he had a disease

>Before becoming the most successful bluffs of all times, Michael Jackson had been one of the Jackson Five, a group that had fused the harmonizing of black vocal groups, the melodic enthusiasm of Tamla's party soul and the syncopated rhythm of funk music. Michael, who became independent in 1979 under the tutelage of rhythm'n'blues and veteran jazz producer Quincy Jones, went on to release the greatest album of all times (if sales define greatness), Thriller (1981). This trivial collage of pop-soul cliches and dance beats, stylishy and masterly orchestrated by Jones employing state-of-the-art technology, was complemented by the deliberate construction of a surreal persona, a sort of fairy-tale figure, half child and half man, tenderly insecure and slightly hysterical, sex-neutral, race-neutral and age-neutral, readily identified by his mask, his costumes and his moves. His ascent paralleled the ascent of music videos as a major marketing vehicle. Thriller alone went on to sell over 100 million copies. Overall he had sold 750 million records by the time of his death.

>overrated
absolutely wrong

did he do it fellas?

Does any pop artist today sound similar or is directly influenced by MJ?

bruno mars and chris brown off top

Corey Feldman.

Justin Timberlake and Bruno Mars

Weeknd

bad considering not many knew back then it was because of a disease and the media made it look like some race thing.

If Corey Feldman says he's innocent then he is.

MJ, despite being VERY highly rated as it is, is still underrated. His genius is unparalleled. Find me a video or audio recording of somebody outshining Michael. You can't.

youtube.com/watch?v=eZeYw1bm53Y

dvsn - The Morning After

Thriller [Epic, 1982]

The best-selling album of the millennium was clearly a hits-plus-filler job from the beginning--what we couldn't know is how brilliantly every hit but "P.Y.T." would thrive on mass exposure and public pleasure. The inexhaustible "Beat It" broadcasts Eddie Van Halen wielding his might in the service of the antimacho that is his secret vice. "The Girl Is Mine" got interracial love on the radio and proved cuter than "Michelle." "Wanna Be Startin' Something" starts something every time an air or floor jock starts it up. "Billie Jean" is Michael's clearest statement to date on sexuality and stardom. And "Thriller" is the rare song that's improved by its video, which fleshes out the not-quite-a-joke scariness of "the funk of 40,000 years" for (Michael and) his (white) fans. A

Bad [Epic, 1987]

Anybody who charges studio hackery is too narrow-minded to be able to hear pros out-doing themselves. Studio mastery is more like it, the strongest and most consistent black pop album in years, defining Jam & Lewis's revamp of Baby Sis as the mainstream and then inundating it in rhythmic and vocal power. But what made Thriller a miracle wasn't consistency--it was genius like "Beat It" and "Billie Jean" and the unknowable allure of the pure star. The closest thing to genius here is the CD-only "Leave Me Alone," which isn't all that close and also suggests what's happened to his allure--the more knowable he gets, the more fucked up he seems. This is a record that damn near wrecks perfectly good dancin' and singin' with subtext. He's against burglary, speeding, and sex ("Dirty Diana" is as misogynistic as any piece of metal suck-my-cock), in favor of harmonic convergence and changing the world by changing the man in the mirror. His ideal African comes from Liberia. And he claims moonwalking makes him a righteous brother. Like shit. B+

if this doesn't make you happy you have shit taste

youtube.com/watch?v=mkBS4zUjJZo

If I was going through third degree burn pain and vitiligo while in the public eye and constantly being harassed by the media I would go crazy too.

r*ddit's that way

Smug cunt