It's not guns it's mental illness.. right?

It's not guns it's mental illness.. right?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fbi-russia-nra-donald-trump-campaign-election-investigation-mueller-banker-money-a8225581.html
vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/12/16418524/us-gun-policy-nra
washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/in-venezuela-prisoners-say-abuse-is-so-bad-they-are-forced-to-eat-pasta-mixed-with-excrement/2017/06/23/39a0c85e-4acb-11e7-987c-42ab5745db2e_story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

In a country run by the NRA.. yeah it's anything but the guns.

It's both mental illness and access to guns. Removing the guns in America is basically impossible, though, so focusing on mental illness is the only reasonable action.

actually what if its because of the antidepressants that all of the shooters were on?
a side effect of the anti depressants is mania and violent outbursts. Its okay to blame mental illness, and its even okay to blame gun lobbies, but no one is questioning pharmaceutical companies, who are making much more money and have much more to lose

*every* other country has a ton of people on anti-depressents. Only the US has regular school shootings.

This is completely retarded. No one argues that mass shootings can happen despite a lack of guns. The problem is the enforcement of gun control when there is already a fuckton of guns and a law-founding document supporting their common possession.

Because laws can't be changed and guns can't gradually be gotten rid of? No you're right.. it's better to just let kids die.

I won't argue that Americans aren't crazy and their inability to chill is probably to blame for most of this BUT

Canada has a tiny population, so our numbers could never compare to USA in terms of mass-shootings even if they were the same per capita AND

If you compare us to any country that doesn't suck ass, we DO have a shooting problem. People get shot here too often, and we shouldn't be so smug just because our closest neighbour is rotting from the inside out.

I blame the jews
If our schools were as protected as our banks we wouldn't have this problem

But their gun laws are less strict that some parts of the US.

Laws can be changed, sure, but anything contradicting the second amendment will quickly be stricken down by the supreme court and an amendment to repeal the second will absolutely never happen. As far as getting rid of the guns, I don't think you understand how many guns are in the US.

gang bangers arn't mentally ill.

Umm, where do you live? I'm canadian and it's not hard to get a gun here legally. I expect that most families outside of the cities will have at least one. I've even been offered the opportunity to buy guns on the street multiple times not that I would even consider that.

There is gun violence here and you must be blind. Ottawa this year had 13 shootings in january alone. Consider that Ottawa is not a big city, then realize that america has ten times the population of canada plus much more gang activity. The problem is not guns though, the problem is people and there is no fixing that.

yes, it is. because im "mentally ill' and i have sourced firearms of questionable legality to multiple, all while under the age of 18

canada btw

Umm.. did you read the actual post? It said mass shooting problem. Canada has some gun violence but we do not have mass shootings.

>then realize that america has ten times the population of canada plus much more gang activity

mass shootings should not be treated as a separate category, a shooting is a shooting

exactly it is like one life is worth more than another just because of how they died. Three types of lies....

is that supposed to be an argument?

So a husband shooting his wife is the same thing as a person going into a school and shooting 30 kids he doesn't know? Gotcha.. makes total sense.

Gun violence in Canada is like 10 percent of what the US is.. per capita. It's not comparable.

They absolutely should be treated separately, as otherwise you cannot distinguish an ordinary multiple homicide from a cracked nut killing people at random. The fact that the distinguishing of the categories is fuzzy is a core part of the skewed statistics including off-campus suicides as school shootings.

yea, its called killing a person. or multiple people.
in a shooting.

Gotcha.. we should probably lump the military in there as well since they kill people and it's apparently all the same.

>ordinary multiple homicide from a cracked nut killing people at random
what makes a homicide ordinary lmao
im talking terms right now,
do we say when people died in an explosion, that it is a mass explosion?

Some things do not scale linearly with population. Either way whatever's causing people to kill each other won't change if guns are restricted, people are still going to kill each other fact of life. And if you are going to argue effectiveness then what about explosives - you can by certain ones at every grocery store in the country - cars, trucks, knives.. didn't some guy in china just kill like 80 people with a knife?

A "mass explosion" would be a bombing or a terror attack. The intent is what matters. The objective is not to kill a particular person for which you have a specific motive, but to kill a bunch of people for a purpose other than one particular person being dead.

Yup. It’s the nutters that no other country has.

>1 million guns
>US has 300 million
Bitch, please.

What a time to be a Liberal. I knew things would turn around
>3 more years of conservative tears
KEK! I bet he will be impeached in march for all his collusion with Putin and the Russian gangsters. I cannot wait.
>buh--but the emails was illegal and she is a woman
KEK again. As if emails were worse than being a russian shill.. or dare I say TREASON
>Conservatives BTFO
>inb4 sure kid
>inb4 stay mad

Seriously, though. It is almost sad that you all fell for it. Big whoop if you get your guns taken away. I have never seen the need for them and i am not worried at all. Take them all. I do not care. I would line up to watch all the pussy conservatives hand them in and cry like the snowflakes they are. BOOHOO

you have a different type of mental illness, the kind thats happy with your daughters is getting ravaged by rapefugees. but hey, at least fewer people get shot

cherry picked for your argument. Nice try

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massacres_in_Australia

I think Americas culture is more the problem and the way people act now more than anything

And 2/3 of Australian gun owners never turned over their guns.

Australia also censors\refuses to import video games and movies that it deems offensive. We should do that too right? Cause Australian and American cultures are exactly the same, therefor every law there will work here...

I love how when one anti-gun thread fails they just create another one and let the old one die.

Eventually people will be too tired to contest it and they will think they've won but really everyone is just filtering all their threads like the political/vegan/etc shit.

>Make everyone buy guns.
>Everyone is protected.
>Elect Wayne LaPierre President of the United States.
>Pre-Schoolers required to carry guns to school.
>Fetuses must carry weapons in the womb or they will be aborted.
Weapons must carry weapons to protect weapons.

It's called an amendment...so it can be changed...just no President has the balls to do it...especially as the nra are sucking your Presidents cock

Where I live...we have strict gun laws and no mass shootings...our police don't even carry guns.

Anyone can go crazy.
No point of banning guns for crazy people

>It's called an amendment...so it can be changed...just no President has the balls to do it...especially as the nra are sucking your Presidents cock

smh, are you an American? If so, you really need some education before you speak. The Constitution cannot BE CHANGED by ANY President. 3/4 of the States would have to approve of any changes to an amendment.

Fucking leafs. That because they are more likely to be treated for mental illness. All the rest of the excuses as Mexico has the strictest gun control ever but shootings happen their every day. I fucking hate Canadians and thinking they are better and smarter then everyone.

It's too god dam cold here to even think of shit like shooting ppl. Too busy keeping warm and trying not to freeze to death

they shoot churches instead

I'm Canadian, and I don't think I'm better or smarter than everyone else.

You are either retarded or a
Eurofag.

The second amendment is in the bill of rights you idiot. It is INSANELY difficult to removed an amendment and no president has the power to do it alone.

You got rid of slavery...and no I'm not an American fag

Neither...i live in beautiful country...no guns...no mass shootings...no religious idiots trying to invade politics...no racial discrimination...its heaven here

LOL
NRA is done. Hope you guys didn't join. Might
wanna hold off on that save yourself a conspiracy charge.
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/fbi-russia-nra-donald-trump-campaign-election-investigation-mueller-banker-money-a8225581.html

With a constitutional amendment.

So it can be done then...

>You got rid of slavery...and no I'm not an American fag

Slavery wasn't in the Constitution.

This anons
We all have the potential to do heinous things with weapons, firearms or otherwise

yeah yeah I know #not all Canadians. I'm Canadian also, just when 98% of people you know wont shut up about how stupid America is while eating up obvious propaganda on normiebook while completely ignore our own political problems it makes me want to blow my brains out. And often it's not a one time comment.

Need two thirds majorities House, Senate and it must be ratified by the legislatures of 38 of the 50 states. So no, it cant be done.

Removing the 2nd most important part of the Constitution is essentially impossible.

Since the Constitution came into force in 1789, it has been amended 27 times[3] to meet the changing needs of a nation now profoundly different from the eighteenth-century world in which its creators lived

The need for the 2nd Amendment has not disappeared.

Look I'm not American...but I've read the 2nd...its all about a well armed militia has the right to guns...not every fucking redneck...your nra fought this in court back in the day and they won...and you've been gun crazy ever since

>debates 2nd amendment
>doesn't read Heller and McDonald

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringe
>The right of the people to keep and bear Arms
>The right of the PEOPLE
You're an idiot.

What it's intention was is if your government went rouge...then bring on the militia and fight back

3/4 of the states agreed to the amendments. 3/4 of the states will never agree to remove the 2nd amendment. Also, there is a difference in adding a new amendment, and taking away a Right that every American has had since it's birth.

vox.com/policy-and-politics/2017/10/12/16418524/us-gun-policy-nra

So if you ban guns how am I supposed to form a militia and stop a tyrannical government?

In doing this, the NRA shifted the country from the view that the Second Amendment is about the federal government’s role in state-run militias to one that it’s really about individual Americans’ right to bear arms

Know your own history ffs

Wasn't aware that the NRA changed the wording and added OF THE PEOPLE to the amendment when they were founded.

Have you ever stopped to think that out of 350,000,000 people, a few thousand dead every year due to gun violence is worth our liberty? I do and It is.

Since of the people doesn't really mean of the people I guess this amendment can be scrapped too
>Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances

Never said ban them...just make a he'll of a lot harder to get one...raise the age...have a psych test...and stand down period...perhaps even a gun related test...fuck I don't know...but to do nothing just says you're a bunch of cunts who really don't care...one day your kid will be killed...then you might

Well if we should raise the age to own a gun maybe we need to raise the age of driving and voting aswell. Since these an 18 year old isn't adult enough to handle a gun why should he drive a 2000lb car or decide who leads the country.

Wow you are more of a faggot than trap fappers

This

you can't get a fucking kinder egg, but you can get a gun!

You can't even get a drink till you're 20 ffs...but sure...get a gun

Um you fags had the guy that shot like ten cops you guys have all types of mass shootings

Oh look another idiot europoor or canada fag who doesn't know shit about the U.S other than what facebook and CNN tell him. Drinking age is 21 guy.

Very true. That and marginalization of boys. Can't get a gf? Might as well shoot up the place.

I live in paradise...and you'll be happy to know I'll never visit your country...previous drug charge says I won't get in...anyway...sun is shining...its hot as...tunes are on.. beer in hand...peace

These shootings only became a problem in the last 20 years or so. The U.S. had the same access to guns int he 70s-80s yet no mass shootings of this type. Explain that to me and tell me why guns are the issue.

>Be young Venezuelan
>Can't eat
>Protest government while imagining food
>Imagine eating delicious pasta
>Hunger driving you to anger and violence
>Be arrested by government for protesting
>Still no food
>Be more hungry than you've ever felt
>Witness people die in agony from starvation
>Be crammed into cell with too many people
>Imagine pasta melting in your mouth, life saving calories flooding your body
>Everyone knows there is no food
>Try to stay angry so you don't become suicidal
>Everyone is hungry
>Something is happening
>Instantly imagine steaming food in your mouth
>Guards are bringing food
>Every molecule is begging for food
>Other prisoners know there is no food
>Not enough for everyone
>Will have to fight for food
>Food arrives
>Imagine food in your mouth
>Something is wrong
>You see pasta
>There is no way
>It is a plate of pasta
>Nobody has reached for it
>The smell
>Imagine the life saving food in your mouth
>The pasta is mixed with excrement
>Some people are obviously thinking it over
>Not much time to survive
>Starving in agony
>Imagine the shit on your tounge

Do you eat shit?

washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/in-venezuela-prisoners-say-abuse-is-so-bad-they-are-forced-to-eat-pasta-mixed-with-excrement/2017/06/23/39a0c85e-4acb-11e7-987c-42ab5745db2e_story.html

That was a group of people actually not one man 4 of them were killed some were injured

>Neither...i live in beautiful country...no guns...no mass shootings...no religious idiots trying to invade politics...no racial discrimination...its heaven here

Where is this mythical land you speak of?

mental illness, culture

>Slavery wasn't in the Constitution.

you missed the point

hes saying, if you got rid of slavery, you can get rid of guns. (laughable)

You're right, so five men killed six and a half people and injured more than 25 people each. Lots of shooters only get one or two people.

Vast majority gun deaths are suicide.

Massive majority gun deaths are handguns.

More knife homicides than all gun homicides excluding handguns.

Kind of speaks for itself pertaining to mass shootings.

*six and a half people each

>it’s not comparable
Exactly. The US and Canada have different definitions of crimes. And different reporting parameters. For instance the CDC and DOJ both lump in gang violence with the mass shooting rate even though there’s a big difference between nig nogs shooting spics over heroine dealing territory and some wound up aspie taking an AR to a museum. But they lump all of it together because it makes the reporting easier. But that does mean when you compare it to countries who don’t count their organized crime violence as mass shooting, the US seems inordinately higher.

this

We've been trying to get rid of drugs for over a century. How's that going?

>>Slavery wasn't in the Constitution.
>you missed the point
>hes saying, if you got rid of slavery, you can get rid of guns. (laughable)

No I got his point. My point is that it would have been harder to get rid of slavery if it was in the Constitution. Adding an amendment is different/easier than removing an existing one that people are use to. :)

You sound like a sore loser. Turn off Rachael Maddow

Good luck trying to remove guns.

Person: We should get gun control!
Conservatives: Liberals want to get gun control and break the 2nd Amendment, blah blah blah.

Though, it did take a civil war to get it done... so I guess we could go that route again...

>get rid of guns
>use guns

>all it took was a facist with a good talking point
Well, we’ve got half of that at the moment.

I know right user? You can always 3xcept another gun thread ever y 3 hrs to bring in fresh people. Like why bother half of the people on here aren't even in America.

Use guns to get rid of guns? Are u retarded?