Rock Music of the Future

ITT: Post what sounds you think will be used in rock music in the future.
Pic related.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/LXvkrEwy0Xs
youtu.be/8dOOSq5W1G8
youtu.be/2YorQH_QIPM?t=98
youtube.com/watch?v=Pmd3UiNfNkA
youtube.com/watch?v=0s0qbqZeoIk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Drum machines.

Bump interesting thread.

I hope theremin, or harsh vocals/vocal distortion outside of metal.

damn dude, sending this shit to my bassist gonna force him to buy it

i liked i see stars latest album
youtu.be/LXvkrEwy0Xs

im digging coldrain as well
youtu.be/8dOOSq5W1G8

still, neither are really pushing us into the future

Murderous sex androids and shit.

More instruments from non-western countries, as the internet continues to make it easier to discover and access basically everything.

already been sent to us via telekinesis
youtu.be/2YorQH_QIPM?t=98

Revival of grungy electronic female-fronted rock similar to Curve and Garbage.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pmd3UiNfNkA
youtube.com/watch?v=0s0qbqZeoIk

you've basically just explained that daft punk's human after all is the future of music

Who in 2007 though that that silly effect on Cher's voice in 1999 was going to be the future of music?

was basically recorded around the same time as one more time even though it was released earlier

still remember the engineers on that song out right lying about how they achieved the effect in the sound on sound mag

Taking something from the 20th century and doing it again is why we have shit alt rock.

>rock music
>in the future

lmao

The whole reason rock is in decline is because it's too rigidly locked in by the instrumentation that defines it as a genre.

MIDI controls that are wired into electric guitar pickups are already a thing - a thing that is already capable of controlling synthesizers of all sorts with a complex and unmistakably human degree of nuance and spontaneity.

Rock could shine like you & I could not imagine, if someone were to really follow the whole guitar driven synthesis route to the very end of the road. I mean, run drum machines with your guitar and trigger every hit. assign LFO speed pr filter depth to one string, and bring post production into the here and now.

Why the fuck not, you know?

do you think this is a fucking joke

Rockers are so conservative and afraid of/behind technology that it's really easy to stand out

>HURR DURR buy some guitar to sound like synth.
they tried it in the 80s and it failed hard.

Nah, nowadays it's feasable if you're using ableton or maxmsp

>76095760
I'm talking about using it as a uniquely organic MIDI interface and simultaneously controlling multiple machines. or being in control of many effects and doing live audio processing for your entire band. While playing.

HURR DURR stfu kid

I don't think it'll be as crazy as you think it would be.
Rock will have a resurgence when the generation that are being born now grow up and get tired of electronic music (which, to them, will be "dad music").
Rock already peaked in experimentation during the 70s and 80s, so I think it's going to be back to basics, we might see a revival of classic Elvis rock and roll.

If the history of rock taught us anything you're wrong.
Hip hop is going to get more and more Punkish and Progy, until people split it into the rap equivalents of post-punk, pop-punk, emo, metal, ect.

Then something else will happen.