What is it about shoegaze in particular that attracts so many creepy young men?

What is it about shoegaze in particular that attracts so many creepy young men?

you

estrogen levels directly correlate with attraction to shoegaze

low technical competency needed to perform the music

low intellectual capacity needed to understand the music

>creepy young men
hello yes that would be me

So where do I, who have been going have been lifting weights for 7 years, have Frank Zappa and Dream Theater albums in my top 100, can play both FZ and DT stuff on drums and love Shoegaze, fit in?

Sounds about right.

But why is shoegaze like 90% nu-male ironic weebs who orbit women online, while similar low-intellect genres like punk aren't?

if the fedora fits...

Sounds like you're a faggot.

just to add to this,
low stage presence is needed to perform the music

Don't own fedora
Cool. Keep listening to you trap shit then

you're wearing one in spirit

Because punk lacks self-awareness a lot of the time. And if there's one thing nu-male dweebs are, it's how they're self-aware about their inferiority complexes.
For Punk you have to be upfront, to a certain degree.

This.
Jagger or Mercury never did shoegaze.

That's true of most actually intellectual genres too though

No it's not at all, unless you're talking about some random dude on a laptop.

ah yes, the incredible stage presence [orchestra member] who never looks at the audience once

>A bunch of idiots arguing with each other.

figures, you've probably never heard of a concerto

still, there's no "stage performance" or "theatrics" in that, just professionals concentrating on the music instead of "le showmanship"
I can guarantee you that anyone doing otherwise is usually giving a poor rendition (see: keith jarrett)

jesus fucking christ

>intellectual genres

Have you ever been to an opera?

Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music, yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music, to avoid the uncomfortable situation where the butt rock dude or the druggy EDM boy gets anal pained when they are told the great masters are better than their shitty hedonistic hero.

Instead of white guilt, in the music world there is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the standards for other kinds of music to compensate and preserve our dream of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and the compositional talent and imagination displayed, which is all that counts in the end when we have to say what is worth being saved and what not, is infinitely superior in classical music than in any other form of music.

If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400? most music is barely a 1 to 3, the Beatles fall in here and so do most other popular music with very few exceptions that reach a 4, even a 5. Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters. Then 9 and 10 are reserved for the highest achievements of human race like Beethoven's late string quartets or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos.

You overrate classical so fucking much. Beethoven a 400? Can you just shut the fuck up you idiot?

Only cuck faggots hate on shoegaze, I guarantee if any of you metal/buttrock queers got in my face I would beat you into the fucking ground. None of you cucks will know the beauty of shoegaze. Why? Because you're fucking gay

too long, didn't read. It's nice that you feel smart for enjoying classical user but at the end of the day, a literal retard could listen to and enjoy classical music. Of course it's objectively better than most pop music but pretending you're an intellectual simply for enjoying it is pathetic

Oh god. Your post is reminding me of my classical music phase, where I thought I was too smart for modern music. Look dude, music is completely subjective and you can't just declare people to be more intelligent simply due to what kind of music they listen to.

As said, a literal retard can listen to classical music and enjoy it. Hell, I wouldn't be too surprised if most potatoes listen to only classical because it's not too hard on their low-functioning brain.

But at the end of the day, thanks for the copypasta.

>classical music is just a phase for him
you poor soul

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I don't think most shoegaze fans are creeps, why do you think this? they just seem like drug addicts/abusers who are self medicating their mental illness (usually depression or agoraphobia)

Classical music is so evidently superior to all other kinds of music, yet we keep lowering the standards when we talk about other types of music, to avoid the uncomfortable situation where the butt rock dude or the druggy EDM boy gets anal pained when they are told the great masters are better than their shitty hedonistic hero.
Instead of white guilt, in the music world there is "classical" guilt. We keep lowering the standards for other kinds of music to compensate and preserve our dream of marxist culturalism. Of perfect musical relativism. Guess what? It isn't true and the compositional talent and imagination displayed, which is all that counts in the end when we have to say what is worth being saved and what not, is infinitely superior in classical music than in any other form of music.
If your shitty pop muzak is an 8 what the fuck are Beethoven's late string quartets? a 400? most music is barely a 1 to 3, the Beatles fall in here and so do most other popular music with very few exceptions that reach a 4, even a 5. Bartok string quartets would be a 6, 2 degrees of magnitude higher you have works by Brahms and other great masters. Then 9 and 10 are reserved for the highest achievements of human race like Beethoven's late string quartets or his Missa Solemnis or Mass in B minor by Bach or his Brandenburg Concertos.

>they just seem like drug addicts/abusers who are self medicating their mental illness (usually depression or agoraphobia)
forgot to add they're always white and middle/upper-middle class

So you don't like shoegaze, sorry about your loss faggot.

You all suck for buying into op's bait
Holy shit sometimes I feel like you're all idiots

i was listening till you said 'cultural marxism'. i highly doubt you posess the ability to understand classical music. The fact that you name only meme works (which are scaruffis favorite picks btw) just reinforces the image i have of you: a drooling basement computer addict, which listens to jordan peterson podcasts.

I recognize this pasta and it's stale.

Wouldn't more chicks be into it then?

WOoooow.

Soloists have stage presence though. Watch a recording of Glenn Gould some time.

j a z z

Creep here, I play shoegaze to make music that entices and hypnotizes vulnerable women.

unfortunately it's true for lotta but there are a few top bands like mbv that are exceptions.
the rest are just copy paste or somehow think that getting high provides 100% gurantee of good music for some reason.

you sound like a rockist who thinks you need to be technical like yngwie malmsteen or van halen to be a 'good musician'. sorry bud, timbre is more interesting and where most experimentation happens nowadays

define 'creepy young men'

the blissful, encompassing guitar noises help forget the outside world

To be fair, you have to have a very high EQ to appreciate Shoegaze. The harmonics are extremely subtle, and without a solid capability of empathy most of the noise will go over a typical listener’s head.

it's music primarily about being lonely or sad because you don't have a gf

i've been detuning my guitar and just strumming sporadically with no chords, while talking about things i see around my room. its the future of music.

Shit man. Did you have to?

cultural marxism is the spook to end all spooks

Look at all the rap loving nu-males you triggered. We're real men, we listen to what we want. These fags will never understand that type of freedom.

Not sure. I just tend to dislike anything that's
>muh peddles