Thoughts?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Waste of quads.
Cringe.

check'd

fuck that movie and fuck netflix

Why is Ed played by a Japanese guy and not european dude?

started watching with my fiance, but work called me because some servers went offline, so I had to stop. it was amusing for the first 30 minutes.

Looked poopy. Didn't watch it. Probably poopy.

Because it's based on a Japanese anime?

Another unoriginal idea?

Cancer.

Its garbage.

Did you not know that FMA was an anime? Are you that new?

yea, which takes place in europe.. The only character that remotely looked like a character from the show was hughes.

but regardless it was leaps and bounds better than dragonball....

An anime entirely consisting of germanic europeans... i turned it off after about 16 minutes trash movie. those costume shop wigs... disgusting...

Edward Elric. Asian as fuck lol

If you're talking about z or gt or super or whatever, sure, but the original dragonball show is timeless.

It doesn't take place in Europe. It takes place in a completely fictional universe. I don't even watch the show and I know this.

It's an entirely Japanese franchise set in a fictional universe and you're mad that a white guy isn't playing the main character?

>this shit was better than yesterday's shit as this one didn't have blood in it.

>I don't even watch the show
We can tell. Don't say stupid shit if you don't know what you're talking about.

Which white actor could portray Edward? Maybe a young Leonardo DiCaprio. That's about it.

>Fullmetal Alchemist takes place in an alternate history, in the fictional country of Amestris (アメストリス Amesutorisu).

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fullmetal_Alchemist

I feel like it is going to be like the Jojo movie, its great for people that understand whats going on, but not as great for people that are new to it

Nice quads also this is the equivalent of Deathnote being made by white people. There now you all can stfu /thread

its in a setting that is extremely similar to europe and the middle east.

And the countires and lands have counterparts, stupid. Even if it is a fictional setting, it's based on germanic/Europeans. Just like the brown skins were that universes counterpart to gypsies.

Cool cosplay

Calm down Sup Forums.

oh the salt..

You know it's funny because they have asians show up in the show. Actual asians. Which goes above and beyond to prove that ed and al and everyone else from amestris are caucasian. They used japanese actors to play europeans. mad? no. just not wrong.

So much standing around not doing anything.

>mustang is confronted by envyross and soldiers and gets into snapping position at 1:26:54
>this is the same thing as pointing a flamethrower at a cop
>no one shoots him
>mustang shoots fire at envyross at 1:27:15
>he shoots fire at her again at 1:27:36
>no one shoots him
>envyross stops flailing around and screaming at 1:27:49
>no one shoots him
>envyross stops playing dead at 1:28:03

That's 48 seconds of watching a suspected cop killer burn a cop alive while all the other cops stand around and watch

No, dum dum, they are literally their counterparts. The first cartoon movie blatantly shows this.

this isnt about anything pol related are you fucking dense?

seeIf white people are cast for Death Note I see no problem in casting a Japanese dude in FMA. Only a Sup Forumstard would be triggered by this.

I can't think of a single white actor that could portray Ed anyway.

I wonder if you'll blame this on the jews since it's a Japanese production.

nina was good. truth/god was good. they did an ok job with the things they DID do.

however, if somebody that hasnt seen the show watches this, they wont understand a god damned thing. little to no explanation of anything, frantic pacing and jerky scene transitions, etc. i understand needing to cut stuff and take a few liberties, but the end result is just bad. there was NO need to pull the clones/dolls from episode 51 into episode 8-19 stuff. they could have completely left it out and it would have been fine, or they could have stayed truer to the source material and been fine. also it was bullshit that they cut the origin scene off and DIDNT have a kid get his limbs ripped off and bleeding all over the floor. no, thats clearly too hard for a kid too act and "too gruesome to actually see on screen" or some shit, so they just have the older actor dream about it. fuck off.

anyone complaining "why isnt he european? is a fucking idiot. it didnt take place in europe, it took place in a european inspired place. that being said, its an asian made movie, with ACTORS, playing a part. in the actual work, the only things separating ed/al from the rest of the country were golden hair and eyes, so as long as the rest of the country is generally "same race", then at least that part of the continuity is fine.

As shit as the Attack on Titan live action thing

Then there's that bit later on where they all stand around in a room while zombies rain down on them from the ceiling for 20 seconds before Mustang reacts to it.
It takes Ed another 10 seconds after that to do anything.

trying to stay true to the source material is being a "Sup Forumstard"?

Even worse than attack on titan.

dickhead number 1 said it shouldn't matter if they're asian in the movie since in the cartoon, its a fictional country so they're probably asian there too. The problem with that is theyve shown they have fictional asian countries and describe the races. And the first animated movie showed they were a different dimension of us, where they have counterparts. stupid.

I'm sure there are dozen of young male actors that could could play him

Oh, and this is 3 minutes and 15 seconds after the bad guy tells them that he's going to drop a bunch of zombies on them. They spend all that time standing and watching as the souls move from the giant, easily shootable soul fish tank into the dummy bodies.

It's being an autist at the very least. If you're complaining about a Japanese guy portraying a character from a Japanese anime set in a fictional world then you're just a faggot really.

see above

No Scar or Bradley. Waste of time.

No one is complaining, you silly fucking asshole. Just correcting the dumbass who said some obviously wrong stupid shit.

>I can't think of a single white actor that could portray Ed anyway.
josh hutcherson if he lost weight
dave franco if they can make him look young enough

i dont really pay attention to most young male actors, so thats all i got.

also heavily adjust the real vic mignogna to look younger and shorter, lol.

He's talking about the live action one retard.

it was a fun stoner flick, like the speed racer one.

>And the first animated movie showed they were a different dimension of us, where they have counterparts. stupid.
you mean that non-canon trainwreck of horse shit?

no. it wasnt. speed racer actually has real merits. the dragonball movie had NONE.

>josh hutcherson
He'd have to lose weight and dye his hair blond.

>dave franco
Are you serious? He looks nothing like him.

canon to the first animated series. Which was better, by the way, than the newer one that was based more on the manga.

Damn waste of quads. But they compel a response.

There are things that animation is really damn good at. Zero gravity. Talking animals. Magical shit. Because this is hard to shoot in the real-world. Anime could also, if it really wanted, try to show a perfectly normal setting with mostly people talking. ie, they could spend hundreds of thousands to replicate what two kids and a camera could pull off with $50 and a camera.

Live action adaptations of anime are almost always doomed to failure because anything good enough to get remade is going to utilize the good parts of anime, but it's defined by throwing away those parts. With enough CGI, it's possible to do well, but it's going to be expensive and probably won't make money.
There's a similar issue with video game adaptations. If the bulk of the joy of a game is the agency given to players to.... be in control and make descisions and overcome the martiandemonzombiebots or whatever, the movie version is going to lose that. Just because of the medium.

They're just bad ideas.

Doesn't matter, they're too big to do it. You have to think smaller, like some white kid in one of those cw shows.

>He'd have to lose weight and dye his hair blond.
Wow, you mean like that thing that actors do?

>Are you serious? He looks nothing like him.
He's a blank-faced anime character. No human being looks like him.

True. Ed is a teenager and a turbomanlet.

kenshin 2012 was actually good.

>first series was better
congratulations, you just completely invalidated your entire opinion. thank you for that.

The first series had its problems but Brotherhood dragged on for way too long. They should have cut a good quarter of it out.

the pacing was terrible because the show is too long to properly adapt. the show is good because it takes the time to explain things and give the characters LIFE. when you truncate that for sole purpose of meeting a movie's duration, you miss out the true beauty of the story.

And the final fight with Father was pathetic. Dude can throw mini suns around, but lets himself be punched to death by a teenager? That was utter bullshit.

Normally I would agree with this sort of post. White washing is rampant in Hollywood, but adding white actors to anything FMA is needed. It takes place is a psuedo-europe environment, complete with its own version of Jews. The original anime (non canon) even ended the series by sending the main characters into the "real world," which was actual Europe with actual Jews.

The one time, THE ONE FKING TIME that a film actually needs white actors, they decide not to do it. Reverse-white washing if you will.

brotherhood is only 13 episodes longer. sure it has some filler episodes, but so does the 2003 series. everything made WAY more SENSE in brotherhood, and the plot/action were better too, including the actual character motives across the board. the only thing that truly sucked about brotherhood was the stupid little chink girl and her faggot abomination animal companion. everything else was better and made more sense.

Its not a fictional world, its an alt history our world. Their literally in germany

arrogance beyond reason. amusement at the feeble strugglings of lesser beings. trying to contain his own power. having his arrogance used against him to exploit weakness.

also PLOT ARMOR.

also parallel worlds is retarded, and the big bad simply getting eaten by gluttony is retarded.

I think making Edward Japanese was foolish.
He should have been German

There's arrogance and then there's pants-on-head retardation. This was shitty writing, simple as that.

d

its not germany. the same way "the saga of tanya the evil" is NOT in germany. its a DIFFERENT. FICTIONAL. COUNTRY. sure, it draws some parallels and influences, but it is completely not. also you cant try to use the 2003 anime as a source on that, because that show is non-canon.

the people of xerxes were not german.

welcome to villains in anime

I dunno about that. Emmy Rossum was pretty hot.

because it's a Japanese movie. It's easier to just cast a popular Japanese actor than find a nobody European actor that's fluent in Japanese

>Bitching about race
It's fine, just wait for the eventual Death Note-style American remake.

Based truth

Only 3 out of the 8 homunculi. No Bradley, No Pride, no Hoenheim, no Armstrongs, No Izumi, No Greed, No chimeras.

I don't think they ever even said Hawkeye's name. Mustang and Hughes aren't friends.

The story is all over the place, like they took a bunch of random events from the anime and reorganized them to make something completely different.

It's trash

Ed and Al are half Xerxian and half Amestrian.

Plus, Xerxians had a more European appearance, with light skin and blonde hair, they didn't look Asian at all. The Asians in FMA were the Xingese, who had Asian features and customs.

This. Albeit, I expected this to be dumb so I was just happy to see more FMA instead of taking it seriously. I wish... I wish I could have done that with Berserk 2016-2017.

Hold me, user. It's so cold.

The whole thing was pointless. It was indecipherable if you hadn't seen the anime and infuriating if you had.

>no armstrong
dropped

>Asians playing white europeen people
>Asians being typical boring actors
>Asian actors all look the same and act the same
Asians always have silly cgi that looks 100% stupid when next to non cgi humans,

why would i even care when theres already 2 better cartoon adaptions instead of hot rotting garbage like this.

Every single cartoon to real life actors adaption is going to suck every time because they will never be alike which is what people want when they know the source material and its also stupid in a creative sense because if you make no changes then there's no point in remaking it, its a no win situation and the director has his own vision which is always 50/50 good or bad.