Clapton vs Santana

Who's the better guitarist?
Who's had the greater album?
Who was more consistently good?

Do Cream and Derrick and the Dominoes count? if so Clapton wins by landslide

I don't know about who's technically good.
But Santana for sure had the better discography.

I'm inclined to think Santana's gimmick was more enjoyable than Clapton's.

they are both aural diarrhea

go to bed grandpa

Clapton is technically a better guitarist but Santana's albums have aged infinitely better

That sure is an original and intelligent opinion you got there

Which gimmicks would those be?

lol it's fucking Santana.

Clapton is boring shite.

Santana is very limited in style and phrasing.
Clapton is better for sure.

Santana's got cooler style and played with the Dead live. I just don't "get" Clapton. I'm a guitarist of almost fifteen years and yeah he's good for an electric guitarist but it baffles me that there are a lot of people who consider him the best.

Clapton is shit and Santana is eh, so I would say Santana is slightly more tolerable.

I like Cream. I think early on there were a limited group of people who knew how to play electric blues guitar, strange as that seems now, and Eric Clapton was one of them. Jimmy Page was the busiest session guitarist in London etc.

Then Jimi turned up of course.

Clapton is good but Santana has the edge. Also he has the best sounding PRS guitar ever made so he has that going for him

Twangy twangy solo solo poo poo pee pee

That's comparing apples to oranges.
Both are equally good, but both play different styles.

And yet, both have name recognition, are rich beyond your wildest dreams, have fucked more women than you ever will in your life time, and can play guitar better than you'll ever hope to.

Sucks to be you!

Santana is the fucking king

>but it baffles me that there are a lot of people who consider him the best.
I know exactly how you feel. I've been playing guitar for 10 years and nothing Clapton has ever done has truly excited me. He's a worse version of all the bluesmen he tried to emulate.

He wasn't even the best guitarist of The Yardbirds.

>15 years
>10 years
pretty telling when noobs can't figure it out but still think they have expertise. I'd be embarrassed to share their opinions.

not really embarrassing to not be the best guitarist in the yardbirds when the other guitarists are jimmy page and jeff beck

I've done much more original and innovative shit with guitar than Clapton has ever done, lol.

Overrated hack.

>when the other guitarists are jimmy page and jeff beck
No shit, that was my point. Clapton is good, but he's not exceptional like those two are.

strumming with your penis is not original

Now you're just trolling me, I've seen Clapton play live and he awkwardly struggles through his material. I've watched Santana and Jeff Beck play and they can actually play with some fluidity and originality.

Clapton's a fucking nerd and Jack Bruce held up his noodling on the recordings he did that mattered.

>I've seen Clapton play live and he awkwardly struggles through his material
You're shifting from "original and innovative" to now something else.

you know all the good shit is mine, right?