Spain's Supreme Court has dismissed Messi's allegations and has condemned him to 21 months in prison for tax evasion...

>Spain's Supreme Court has dismissed Messi's allegations and has condemned him to 21 months in prison for tax evasion. His father is getting 15 months.

He's not really going to jail because he had no criminal record yet and it's less that 2 years, though.

Translation: it's fucking nothing.

Al talego al talego.

Le van a romper el orto.

Does he go to jail now if he gets caught doing something as trivial as speeding? Also, Gibraltar.

We don't care, send him to jail or shut the fuck up

>mfw a country is too poor to send people to prison

Maybe if they made him pay the fucking taxes they wouldn't be.

>they wouldn't be

Lol take a look at Spanish benefits and unemployment, these idiots are pissing out money and wondering why they have none left and why no one works, its fucking hilarious

its ironic how if it was a normal person his life would practically be over, unable to get a job anywhere, in debt for the rest of his life.

also he would probably get 25 months.

Thats not what ironic means, theres no irony in double standards

coming from a guy who just laughed at another country's way of handling the economy when he lives in a country where everyone are taxevading by living in unfinished homes i'm not sure what to make with your comment.

it is ironic that everyone in the world knows what he did and it will never ever affect him. he's a criminal, but everyone will continue to love him because of his ablities on a football pitch.

it's tragically ironic, but ironic nonetheless.

Just like that med student girl that stabbed her boyfriend, he's got a future. Your future isn't as important as his.

Spain is doing better than Italy Luigi.We just surprassed you in GDP per capita you swarthy and greassy Terrone

I don't think you understand the concept of irony.

Thats how taxes work child.
You dont give a young billionaire jail time for tax evading because the longer they spend in your country the taxes they will give are a fuckload more then any amount they have "dodged"

Irony (from Ancient Greek εἰρωνεία (eirōneía), meaning 'dissimulation, feigned ignorance'[1]), in its broadest sense, is a rhetorical device, literary technique, or event in which what appears, on the surface, to be the case, differs radically from what is actually the case

I don't know what kind of country Denmark is, or what kind of country you think Spain is, but, expecting your life to end due to a suspended criminal sentence for tax evasion, is being a bit detached from reality. There's no irony here.

Also, way to dig deep for a definition of irony that might bolster your argument. It doesn't.

In similar cases in Spain, the main accused get 5-10 years, and people related get 2-4 years. So this is a joke, like almost every corruption/tax evasion trial in Spain.
And I don't give a shit who he is, Missing, Christina or hims fucking mothers.

Up to 8 years in prison. I guess if you count working at a hot dog stand as a job you're completely right, even working in retail you're not gonna get a job with a stained record.
If you cannot attach the last part of the literal definition of the word to this case, what point is there in arguing with you?

any half decent country has suspended sentences for first time offenders (naturally wont apply to murderers and shit). whether corruption influences this is irrevelant because rich people are above the law in most countries anyway and if messi is hounded for that so should every other soccer player

Suck dick

Not everyone masturbates to high tax rates like Scandinavians. The state can cause huge misallocations of money. At that point tax evasion becomes ethical.

Obviously I know nothing about Spanish law. How is it that his 21 month prison sentence translates to him not going to jail? Obscure legal loopholes? Just rich enough to throw a few bucks at the right people?

Taxation is theft

Why is Barthalona full of criminals lads?

That's right lad

His probation officer may accept him going to other countries for work, but he will have to spend his holidays in Spain

Ibiza here we come!

>If a thug were to accost you in the street and demand your
wallet or purse, you wouldn’t hesitate in knowing what to
call it - theft!

>If a group of thugs were to demand at least one third of
your income every month and threaten dire consequences if
you didn’t accept their offer of “protection”, you wouldn’t
hesitate in knowing what to call it - theft!

>Yet you are robbed every day. Every month at least one
third of your income
is
taken from you forcibly, without
your consent. It is taken by the government. And yes,
even if only a few realise it, that too is theft!

>For just how does government differ from a mugger? Why
is the state’s “protection” racket different from that of any
other gangster? Both conform to my dictionary’s definition
of theft - the seizure of individuals’ property without their
consent. The only difference is that the government is less
honest than its private competitors in crime. At least a thief
doesn’t claim to be committing his crime for your own
good, to be performing a desirable social service in “the
public interest”

Lionel Andrés "Leo" Messi

Did he really say that? Is he the hero we need, the one who will get people to realize that taxation is theft?

In Spain, if you get a sentence of less than 2 years, have no prior criminal record, and you don't commit a more serious crime (murder, etc), you don't need to go to jail.

However, as other people pointed out, rich people usually get this kind of "punishment", whereas some poor schmuck who steals 300€ using a stolen credit card might spend 5 years in jail.

>Thief
>"some poor schmuck"

Yep, that is.

>an entire nation of terrone calling someone else terrone
What did he mean by this

That´s why independentist, who had been ruling Catalonia for ages, wants to escape from Spain, to avoid jail.

The example you are using here, the guy that was sentenced to 5 years for using a stolen credit card, was also a member of a criminal organization. FAKE NEWS

I'm guessing the judge had some discretion and could have given a slightly longer sentence to go over two years. These sentence lengths are propbably where things vary between rich and poor criminals.

There is still a very very slight chance that he'll go to jail, if the judge wants to mame an example out of hin. It has happened to other famous people before.

I thought it was bad enough when Celtic had Rangers relegated just because they didn't want any kind of competition, but to want to imprison 50% of what keeps your league relevant just so Penaldo can stat pad with some penalties and some offsides seems much more over the top. I'm not surprised because I know how much of a scum club Halal is. I'm just saying it's taking things a bit too far.

So, Messi leaving Barcelona for England is pretty much confirmed

Is there a Messi quote about taxation?

The judge was clearly a Barcelona fan

>Real Madrid is the one investigating Messi
Is this bait?

>implying anyone would dare do it to the most popular soccah player on the planet (or maybe ronaldo is I dont give a shit)

he'd get lynched

He plays for a "separatist" club and the court is from Madrid, and prosecutors had been seen at Bernabeú

he unironically can't enter uk now

And guess who's going to give them a helping hand, EU lad?

The court is in and is from Barcelona

Remainder that Messi line of defence was literally
>i'm to retarded to understand tax, it was my father fault

to be fair thats probably true, his father is a dumbshit factory worker. he is culpable for letting him handle it though.

>earns millions per month
>cant pay someone to do his taxes calculator
>ask his retarded peasent father instead
jail this fucking cunt already

I'm surprised he didn't bring up his autism

>We just surprassed you in GDP

Nope.
Italy: 30k, Spain: 26k

is this shit cumulative?
e.g. if he gets caught speeding can he be sent to jail?

Yes

Beautiful novel , i would buy it when you will publish it.

>spanish justice system

Truly a fucking joke.

SAY WITH ME LADS

TAXATION IS _____

the duty of every responsible citizen who can afford it

I believe it tbqh
you can literally all Messi knows is football, I don't doubt that if he wasn't playing he'd be stamping license plates

theft

And this is why your country is barely a country.

Is he allowed to leave for another League under these 18 months if he wanted to?

This is a lie, the fact is that taxation money is absorved by corruption. Thats why its literally theft over here.

my loyalty lies with my company, brainlet scum

>get shitloads f money
>cheat system to get even more money, even though you have more money than you know what to do with
>get caught breaking the law
>pay money to some big shot lawyer to push the sentence below 2 years
>basically nothing happens and you keep making shitloads of money

>Implying that government by nature must be rotten and corrupt
>Implying the only way to fix it is to be corrupt yourself
Do you not see the idiocy in this vicious cycle? Your countries are shit because you've normalized corruption and your defense is
>Well everyone is doing it.

Alonso from Chelsea litteraly killed somebody and didn't go to jail

Who will sell you out to show a better sales quarter to billionaire share holders. Nice foresight.

Tacition is theft until you need those asphalt roads well mantained.

*Taxation

Your country exists because your founding fathers realized that excessive taxation is theft. Nobody is arguing against basic taxes for things like public infrastructure and so on

to be fair USA is pretty damn corrupt, and only some parts of it are shit

It was about self determination not excessive taxation. Taxes was a good way to make the point of self determination because nobody likes to pay them. My country exists because the bourgeois merchant class and bourgeois plantation owners made an alliance to overthrow the governors appointed by a distant King, not to rid themselves of taxes. Also many of them were in substantial debt to English banks and were in genuine danger of going to debtors prison, which is why taxation and bankruptcy protection were both cornerstones of the Constitution. But hey I'm sure a south American has a nuanced understanding of how good Constitutions are made.

when is he going to release his rap album now that he is a confirmed convict.

It is, but probably because we've let too many dagos and whops into power. Lol all memes aside, we're still a lot better than a lot of places because even though our legislators have been caught in scandal there is still the real threat the courts will fuck you up if you're caught.

a lot better than a lot of places? USA is easily the best place on the planet since it suits just about any lifestyle. my point being exactly that your country is corrupt but still gud

Yeah but my point is that if we were as corrupt as Argentina we'd be as much of a shit hole. Argentina is a big country containing one of the largest, most fertility regions in the world (Patagonia). A beautiful coastline, and valuable mineral deposits too, their wounds as a nation are wholly self inflicted.

Based tax evading Messi.

Ab-so-fucking-lutely retarded.

I applaud Messi for this. We should all encourage anyone to dodge as much taxpaying as possible. For example, I get good financial aid from the U.S government to go to school since Im "poor" but in reality Im self employed and make 50k a year easily as a reseller and keep all my money either in electronic format on different Paypal accounts (which in turn have been set up so as to not link to my accounts or disclose my information) and do a lot of underhanded cash only deals. I pay no taxes as a result on my income AND I get free school money from the government.

I refuse to ever contribute to this garbage sysyem of taxation that robs me of my wealth. This is partly why Im happy Trump is getting rid of commie shit Obongocare

Neymar is being investigated and he gave the same excuse.

Wasnt his case even worse? Didnt the Brazilian government audit and freeze his assets?

>Implying anyone cares about your 10k in taxes
That's chump change compared to the figures we're talking about.

It was between him, his former team(Santos) and Barca.

I don't recall his assets being frozen, i know Santos had to pay some fines or something.

lol you think these players have the capability to handle millions?

They are literal dunces who left education at alike 9 years old.

so can he play the WC or go to argentina now?

>r-rich people sh-should pay for muh gubmint welfare!
Lol pay for it yourself you filthy commie lower class scum.

>Messi can't enter the UK but Ackmed and his band of terrorists can

>harmless white autist banished from former white country

makes sense, they gotta muslimize that shit quicker

He's one of the most brilliant players

Punished Messi

Treble next season, la

His dad is a former player and he handles his money and career.

No. I'm self employed as well but here's the thing with your strategy boss, if you ever wanna grow your business and make some serious cash you're going to need some serious capital, you're going to have to make some big investments and you're going to create a paper trail doing this. If the IRS ever becomes suspicious about how a guy with no history of income suddenly is growing a business out of nowhere you're gonna get fucked. You're only cheating yourself in the long run. There are regulations I wish didn't exist but not paying taxes is not a smart solution. And yeah, I love how you think taxes = welfare when more money goes to defense than everything else combined.

kek, based Messi

Are you one of Claudio Taffarel's 17 children?

lel

>yfw this was Barça's plan all along

no, no, lad, no. PROPERTY is theft.

PENIS

You just know.

Evasion is theft.