I have very vivid dreams each night. Most of the time I'm aware I'm dreaming while in them...

I have very vivid dreams each night. Most of the time I'm aware I'm dreaming while in them. Within the last few years it's got to the point that there's people there that I talk with regularly while in the dream and built friendships with. It honestly seem like I'm going to other worlds when I dream. Anyone else experience this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/VpDPHXIPq1Q
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Do you hear them during the day?

Lucid dreams

i wish
my dreams are very dull and boring
almost 1:1 with real life. which is dull and boring for me.

No haha (:
I've looked this up in the past and it kinda seems like it. However, I don't do any prep like a bunch of lucid dream info seems to state that you do. I also don't have the "power" to change anything I want like people can apparently do in lucid dreams.
I think the thing that started triggering it for me is, I always imagine vivid scenarios while I'm laying in bed. That seems to usually put me back into the places I remember in the "dream world"

Could be astral projection could be lucid dreams. Do you realize that you're dreaming when this happens or is it like a completely different life but just very vivid? You should try asking your dreams friends if it's a dream and you should also try to do something you can't do in the real world. Also, look for signs that it's a dream. When I realize I'm dreaming, written words and numbers don't make sense (I especially can't tell time if I look at a clock), and I usually use telekinesis in my dream and just fuck around until I wake up.

Never heard of astral projection. I'll look it up! And I realize that I'm dreaming and I'm still myself. But I can tell it's a different world in my dream. The people I talk too aren't always human. And I can't do anything "supernatural" in my dreams I'm describing. There's things I don't recognize weather it be symbols/objects. But also things that are familiar and are known to me, especially when I'm with the people I've met within the dreams.

Regularly.

Do you experience it how I described in my other messages too? No one I've met in person has had it happen to them.

user

pro tip: watch the film waking life if you haven't already

A few years ago i had lucid dreams, for a while i tried the watch-the-clock and light-switch-tricks and it worked, amazing experience to realize your actually just dreaming, also for a long time i was able to fly and it felt so real that i couldnt understand why its not possible irl

Thats not a protip, just an apetizer for the good stuff

I'll check it out tonight, thanks!
I think I'll try out the normal tricks to start a lucid dream and see if they differ from the stuff i usually experience

Do you have any recommendations as well?

hit me user i need a movie to watch

Yeah the clock trick has worked for me before too. Try reading a book too. Just the other day I realized I was dreaming because I was using telekinesis on a book and I couldn't understand the words. I quickly realized I was dreaming. It was pretty weird.

For anyone wanting to know about dreams I would look into some of the things Carl Jung has talked about. Jordan Peterson has also brought up topics that Carl Jung has discussed in the past in terms of dreaming and the unconscious and subconscious mind.

No, its a really good movie, what i meant is to start dream for yourself

Oh and Sigmund Freud too who had a lot of influence on Carl Jung

Paprika?

Vanilla sky was a good movie, or the original open your eyes, but didnt see it yet

I don't need to prep or go through the rituals to initiate lucid dreaming. I have full control, always. I wake up on my own accord. I don't have to imagine anything before I go to sleep to be there; I stopped actively choosing where I want to start. I always know I'm dreaming. Sometimes I wake up in my bed in the dream and continue as if it were real life. But beyond that, it's more or less what you described. I live lives, I read books, I watch things that don't exist. I eat things that don't exist. Sometimes I'm two people at once. Sometimes I'm no one, looking in, like a ghost. I levitate to get around if I want, I change whatever is in my hand if I feel like it. Sometimes I change nothing and play along. I've done just about everything. It's been that way for over a decade. Before that, I used to experience dreams where I'd be pulled away from my body. I never left my body once, I always tried to come back, always did. Then I just stopped having those dreams. Just last night I decided to fly off into space, to the moon.

I don't really mention any of thise because it's not worth telling. My advice is start performing reality checks in subtle ways in real life, often. A pocket watch, a small item. It actually works, and it's what I used to do in the early days. I'd be in the dream, and the habit of looking at or checking the item would follow me. I'd look at it, and then I'd remember that this is the item I'd always look for when I was awake. I'd mention that I'd look for it when I was awake, and then I'd notice the subtle notion that something is off. Then, I would remember that it was a dream.

I stopped needing to carry around or check for anything, because I'd become so accustomed to distinguishing dreams from reality, and vice versa. Fun fact, dreaming is radically different when you're vertical instead of horizontal. Things feel "flat" when you're sideways, because of gravity.

youtu.be/VpDPHXIPq1Q

By vertically you mean sleeping/dreaming while on your feet?

The things you describe sound like astral projection, especially the out of body part. That's pretty cool man. Also what do you mean by vertical instead of horizontal? Do you mean like the way you're lying down in your bed?

Yes. Sitting down also works.

Same as above. Horizontal as in lying on your side, vertical as in on your feet or at least propped up somewhere, maybe in a chair. I would be lying if I said that dreaming while being vertical wouldn't help to demonstrate just how important the environment you're in affects how you dream.

>just how important the environment you're in affects how you dream
Meant to type
>just how important the environment you're in is to affects in your dream
The side effect of being this lucid might be being too lucid to properly convey your thoughts outside of your head.

Ok thx, going to sleep now, trying to check this thread while dreaming