Im quitting my job at a fast food chain tomorrow (not saying which one) but what should i say to my boss...

Im quitting my job at a fast food chain tomorrow (not saying which one) but what should i say to my boss? I dont want to be a dick but i need to focus more on my studies rather than work at the moment, i used to job for just a little extra "go" money for about a month now and im tired of it. How to i quit without being a dick to my boss?

Just politely tell him that you need to focus on your life and that you are unable to work there due to other factors.

Ask him if he will give you a cleveland steamer before you leave.

Fuck you boss. You wrk in a fucking fast food dead end shithole.

Just tell him straight up, i quit. He doesnt need to know why, but if hes persistant just tell him that its a dead end cash crab but its getting in the way of study which is way more important

Should i put in a notice or should i just go to work tomorrow and just tell him straight up? Also, whats a good way to word it? "Hey (insert bosses name here) first of all thank you for the opportunity to work here and get the fast food experience but i really need to focus more on my studies rather than work at the moment, i hope you understand."

Well first off, decide if you really want to quit 100% OR if you just want less hours (if applicable). The job may be kinda gay and time consuming, but having a steady flow of cash, even if it's minimal, is a lot better than you think.

>Hey sir. When we have some downtime I need to talk to you in private.

option 1
>I've realized working has taken a toll on my study time, and I don't see myself being able to work as many hours as I've been given.
or
option 2
>I've decided I do not have the time or desire to work while in school right now, and I need to put all my focus on university. I was going to ask about putting in my two weeks.

dont be autist op

Also im sorry but if you are scared of hurting your boss' feelings in that shitty job then you arent going to get far in life. Grow some balls

>its a dead end cash crab
Very true, thanks! i forgot to mention, my boss is a friend of my mothers so i cant really cuss him out or anything.

You dont to be rude. Surely he knows that you arent going to work in fast food forever..

Like i said in the post, i dont NEED the job, i just used it as kind of a way to make some extra cash but it is really impacting my grades and study time. Im working over 30 hours in a week (not including weekends) at a fast food chain paying $8/hr.

Then do option 2. Done and done. Don't be an asshole if you don't need to be, like this dipshit here, who probably burns bridges for no reason and has no references when he turns in a job app.

Thanks!

Which one do you work at?

throw a hamburger at his face and yell "IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!"

Its not in the picture but Zaxbys. After being a cook for this small amount of time i can tell you, everything is pre-cooked and microwaved/put into the fryer for 30 seconds. Im never going to eat here and i wont recommend it. Oh, and if you want a side of week-old floor water and some bleach they use to clean the fryers, counters, etc, then be my guest and eat at zaxbys.

okay so if you only worked there a month, here's what you do :

1)quit, no need to concern yourself with your bosses feelings
2) don't put it on future applications as experience, because they'll call and learn you quit after a month

Would i get in trouble if i dont put it on future applications?

no not at all, there is no super/master system or database of shit like that....

ie if you applied to say Wendys or some bullshit in the future, and left out this current employer as experience, Wendys has no way of knowing that you did in fact work there unless you told them (don't tell them.)
and if you DID put this employer as experience/reference, then Wendys could call this employer, and learn that you quit after a month...which is not a good thing on your application (which is why you don't put it on your application.)

nah,if you're a student they won't expect you to have many jobs and they aren't going to investigate

Thanks everyone for the help, more tips are welcome but i am in fact going to quit tomorrow. If the tthread is still alive then ill update you all, that being said, should i walk in and tell him i quit then never come back or should i work tomorrow then tell him this is my last day?

let it be his choice, go in tell him today's your last day, if he wants you to work it you will, but if not, you can go home.

finding a replacement and ultimately changing the schedule is work for him

so he'll likely rather you not quit outright

it'd be kind of you to alleviate his stress by explaining your situation and seeing what's easiest for him, probably giving you less hours or giving him more time while he can allocate your shift around or hire someone else

the only thing an previous employer can legally say about you is whether or not they would hire you back. Anything more than that, and they become liable.

>here's my 2 weeks notice
What are you, fucking 10 years old?

Gimme a 5.00 raise or i quit ...

yeah, but that is just heresay when it comes to minimum wage retail schmuck jobs. the managers in question can discuss the nature of how the employee left. i mean what, is the new manager going to call the cops on the old manager for saying more than whether they would hire them back? no. would the cops, or any regulatory administrations do anything about it? fuck no. should OP therefor avoid putting it on future applications? I think so. but ultimately it's about the attitude of the manager, who would become that reference, and how OP can predict they would feel about the situation when it comes to them being a reference for future employers.