Albums you can't stand from artists you love

Albums you can't stand from artists you love.

All of Zappas comedy stuff for me really. The occational sick guitar solos are the only good parts

Wait so no Mothers? At all?

Should have specified: his later solo comedy stuff. I love his work with the Mothers

This feels so incomplete and unsatisfying. Talking Drum and Larks II are horrible, the others are meh except Book of Saturday which is amazing.

I hate Californication, Stadium Arcadium is just kind of hit and miss.

I am mad as hell at Panda for this. Fucking spergy bounce house shit.

Hot Rats [Reprise, 1969]

Doo doo to you, Frank. If I want movie music, I'll listen to Wonderwall. C

Just Another Band From L.A. [Bizarre/Reprise, 1972]

You said it Frank, I didn't. C

Shiek Yerbouti [Zappa, 1979]

If this be social satire, then how come its only targets are those individuals whose peculiar weirdness happens to diverge from that of the retentive gent at the control board? Or are we to take his newfound fixation on buggery as a sign of approval? Makes you wonder if Frank's primo guitar solo on "Yo Mama" and those unique-as-they-used-to-be sounds and textures are as spiritually arid as he is. As if there were any question after all these years. C+

Distinctions Not Cost-Effective [1980s]: Oh, shut up.

Medulla

This is my favorite King Crimson album.

>I hate Californication
Thanks, Rick Rubin.

It's like 70 percent Rubin, 30 percent Anthony being like "DUUUUUUUUDE GOOBA FLOOBA YOU'RE A GENIUS CALIFORNIA"

Not a fan of "Man from Utopia" myself.

>implying you all didn't have that album when you were 13

Can't stand anyone being more smug and snarky than you, eh, Bob? Nobody likes competition.

This is one of the few late Zappa albums I like.

By the Way is their only good album after OHM.

Absolutely, it captured the fun and blissful spirit of the early days but without the ominous vibe.

No Joe's Garage?

He gave WOIIFTM an A, which is easily Zappa's snarkiest and smuggest album

But dancin' fool is a banger
I will unironically go hard as fuck to that shit

I mean, it's pretty fucking dated. How can you laugh at hippie and OPEC jokes in 2017?

This is actually my favorite of his albums kek