twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>amelie

going to have a guess dark knight is in the top 10. Empire is gash

No efl cucks allowed.

>Spirited Away
>Pan's Labyrinth
>Amelie
Jesus christ these people are plebs

Seriously how could they put that at 2. It's not bad or anything, but that's taking the piss

This is one of the cringiest lists I have ever seen. Citizen Kane nowhere to be found. Fucking Amelie number 2 above Potemkin and Bicycle Thieves. Like what kind of twisted logic is that? If you go for historical value then go for it, if you go for entertainment then go for it, but what kind of mix is that? Shit like City of God and other flicks from this century above Andrei Rublev god damn it.

Meh it's predictable as fuck, but it's not like the average Sup Forums user has even watched a Rosselini flick.

Tarkovsky, Welles, the list goes on!

>100. Night Watch
>95. Way of the Dragon
>82. Battle Royale
>77. House of Flying Daggers
>72. Ten Canoes
>63. A Prophet
>58. Persepolis
>21. Nosferatu
>15. Let The Right One In
They clearly tried hard to put a lot of underrepresented foreign countries on the list even though they don't deserve to be there.
Way of the Dragon isn't even a good movie, let alone the best Bruce Lee movie or one of the best kung-fu films.

I watched Voyage in Italy.

>100. Night Watch
I'm Russian and this film considered edgy shit even here.

>Nothing basic like Amadeus, High & Low, Stalker, Once Upon a Time in the West, Chinatown, Sunset Boulevard, The Red Shoes, 2001, Woman in the Dunes
People got paid to make that list and it's not even as good as every generic top 100.

>empireonline.com/movies/features/100-greatest-world-cinema-films/
>Oldboy in top 20

Weebshit. into the trash it goes.

Jesus Christ this list was made to be as purposely contrarian as possible.

Not even Godfather part 1 or 2 on it. How the fuck do you possibly make a top 100 movies without that?

Whatever fucking fedora tipping faggot made this list needs to promptly kill themselves.

This list is the equivalent of making a top 100 TV shows and not putting fucking Sopranos, The Wire or Mad Men on it because "they're Western and overrated compared to my superior Japanese animu".

Others lists than S&S, and TSPDT shouldn't be taken seriously.

By World Cinema they mean outside America, right? Because there isn't even one American film on the list.

chuckled a little when I saw my country on the list

>why don't they have American movies on a list that's specifically about movies that aren't American?

How about you read a fucking article before you complain?

America isn't part of the world?

I feel like this rag does this every year. Does the list ever dramatically change from year to year? I very much doubt it.

Also, fuck Empire, they're the worst kind of pop-film discussion.

yes, "World Cinema" relates to any film outside America
sums up the arrogance of the yanks quite well really

No, and if you're not American you can never call American films foreign because America is the default for everything.

>Empire "We give Christopher Nolan's movies 5/5 no matter what, we're the absolute bottom of the barrel mass market criticism available" Magazine

Which is ironic, since the World Series only concern America.

>12 Jap films
>half of them anime

I mean, I love Seven Samurai as much as the next guy, but sheesh. Arguably the only anime films worth being on the list are Akira and maybe Spirited Away, and they shouldn't be any where near the top 50

I just realized Woman In The Dunes or any Masaki Kobayashi films aren't on the list...

shamefur dispray

Eh, Mononoke is way better than Spirited Away, which is all style with no substance, and Akira is basically a slick cool action movie that deolved into retarded anime wank by the end.

Despite being more entertained by Akira, I'd still say Ghost in the Shell is the better movie from dignity alone.

> Amelie at number 2
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Why do yanks like this movie so much? Was it because it was a feelgood mvoie that came out right after 9/11? Is that literally the only explanation? No other country thinks Amelie is anything special.

Amelie is the ultimate short-hair qt, and all the lonely white males in the world want her to fiddle around with your life

>Battle Royale
>Japan & underrepresented foreign country
Japan has the second highest no.of movies in this list after France.In any movie list Japan is always in top 3.

Jesus Christ, how do you retards can be so thick, so imbecilic? It's right there in the URL and if a mere glance on text wee given n the description of the list. World cinema, just another name for foreign film on the american-british perspective.
What's the IQ on this board, 40? Kill yourselves

I meant some of the South American/African movies shoehorned onto the list. If anything there aren't enough Japanese movies there since their golden age was so fucking good, let alone the rest of it.

>4 indian flicks
>African flick
When has Africa ever made a good film? I agree with you . This list is puerile.

The Battle Of Algiers was partly Algerian...

>anime in the list

>partly Algerian
Director was Italian.Africa still hasn't made a good film without the help of other continents.

You think Pan's Labyrinth is "pleb"?

You can't even spell his name correctly, so please avoid name-dropping moderately obscure directors in order to give your frail ego a pitiful boost.

no you baiting sack of crap

Not him, I do. Toro is trash

Can you explain, without vagaries, why Pan's Labyrinth is a bad movie?

>doesn't even know about Nigeriankino

youtube.com/watch?v=1JABdS-HN5A
youtube.com/watch?v=hoFB05zxdIU
youtube.com/watch?v=YfzTcXy_9mQ

>Feel good movie after 9/11

Literally the reason. American cinema was still in the post 90s everything must be edgy phase, but that was the last thing audiences wanted at that time. Which is why something like Donnie Darko for example did so poorly in the states and why LOTR did so well.

>talks about nigerian memekino
>posts ugandan memekino