How the fuck even am I supposed to learn Koyunbaba Op.19? I can't find any lessons or even official tabs for it...

How the fuck even am I supposed to learn Koyunbaba Op.19? I can't find any lessons or even official tabs for it. Is it a well kept secret by music schools or fucking what?

Pic related: person who plays it better than anyone else

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A
youtube.com/watch?v=szY7jmWHXJc
youtube.com/watch?v=_87OHmULKs8
youtube.com/watch?v=3WbmD64CKH0
youtube.com/watch?v=nDWrZiqR46M
youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0l-cagrz8&list=PLMqrscZWZK0jq6A7ymnYdxWRnZHfoXani&index=5
youtube.com/watch?v=_H8XqA7WyLI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popular_music_genres
arizona.openrepository.com/arizona/bitstream/10150/145489/1/azu_etd_11579_sip1_m.pdf
lipscomb.umn.edu/rock/docs/Covach1997_Yes.pdf
berklee.edu/courses/mlan-335
academia.edu/31047100/Review_Playing_the_Fool_35th_Anniversary_Edition_by_Gentle_Giant
academia.edu/Documents/in/Progressive_rock
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it looks like there's sheet music for it online

I actually heard a guitar ensemble today for the first time. Weird experience.

What are you talking about? Just google it, I'm playing it as we speak.

>Tablature
>For classical guitar

Nigga

Tabs were originally made for classical guitar.

No they weren't.

Not at all. You're retarded. There are very few schools on modern classical guitar, and none o them use tablature remotely.

They'll notate the finger used for certain notes, but they do it in fucking spanish over a music staff.

Learn to read music, or else you'll never learn classical guitar. It takes years and years. Whatever you're playing is not remotely close.

FFS still mad about this comment. Look at the sheet music for anything by Tarrega and tell me it's even possible to accurately convey it in tablature.

You're not a guitarist, you're a noodler. A poser.

Oh, look, the guitar nazis are here.

Yeah, and what if I don't need any kind of notation? What if I can play by ear?

No it's just me. It's not Nazism. It's about actually being a musician.

Any real musician would crack up at someone saying they're playing a piece like that from tablature, even a jazz guitarist.

Just because you can play a pentatonic blues scale and it sounds nice and jingly to you, doesn't mean you know jack shit about guitar method or actual guitar playing. Learn it or else you're just acting along. You'll teach yourself bad habits and eventually hit a plateau that you will never progress past.

You can't play classical guitar by ear.

That's how I know you've never really tried. Again, just because you play a pentatonic scale and think you're "really feeling it," you're actually teaching yourself awful habits and will never progress past playing rock or pop music.

In other words you suck. Start over.

youtube.com/watch?v=oEfFbuT3I6A

Play this by ear.

Can your ear pick up which fingers are supposed to hit which strings? You're using all four buddy, and not where you think.

I play guitar because I love it, because I love music
>You can't play classical guitar by ear.
Why? It's an array of notes. Why is classical guitar different than anything else?
>pentatonic scale
Try harder...

Just because you had money to go to music school or take music lessons doesn't mean you are a great musician. You are basically worthless, You'll never be Tarrega, you'll never be Sor, you'll never be Segovia.
And, as I said before, I love music, it's only thing in life that I sincerely love, I listen to it every day, I play the guitar every day, if I don't have my guitar with me I'm depressed, I try to make music with other things, by tapping, by whistling, by singing, whatever.

why learn classical when u can noodle on blues licks

>awful habits and will never progress past playing rock or pop music.

what bad habits

hmm. think it would take a long time for me to learn that . would take years to build that speed

No excuse to be delusional. Don't draw self-worth from delusion.

You suck.

To learn a piece like the one you posted properly would probably take 2 hours a day of practice, a teacher, and a few years.

I know I'll never be Tarrega. I'm still not claiming I can play a virtuoso piece from tablature or by ear, you fucking mongoloid.

Don't take my word for it. Get a 20 dollar book. Get some sheet music. See the work that's actually involved to play at that level and you'll realize how bad you actually are. It'll be good for your perception.

It would take a lifetime. Same as the piece you posted.

>Why? It's an array of notes. Why is classical guitar different than anything else.

It's the careful management of all four major fingers of your right hand to at all times play an arpeggiated chord. Often the fingering is completely unintuitive. You have to build an extreme amount of muslce memory. If you sit there and doodle, you'll never play anything properly.

Play blues licks by all means, that's not my primary criticism. Just don't expect to take that blues style of playing and suddenly level up. And in my opinion blues playing wears thin very quickly, and it's very inflexible.

>What bad habits

Thinking the guitar is only capable of basic chords, and that single-note-string melodies are a standard. They're not. There's a reason the style came out of a bunch of illiterate dudes from Mississippi. Is it soulful? Sure. Is it proper? No.

>lessons or official tabs
Why note learn how to read notes, goddamnit?

So, what? Play the guitar with four fingers on my right hand, on all strings?

To play classical guitar, yes.

Grow your nails. File them. Sit with your left leg elevated. Stroke with your thumb in a swirling motion. Learn basic music theory. Learn to read music. Learn what PIMA means.

And get a teacher. You might be able to learn the style yourself, but probably not.

What about this suggests it's a casual thing to pick up in a weekend?
youtube.com/watch?v=szY7jmWHXJc

Years.

But I already know this, except reading notation. It's not hard.
And I'm not trying to say that I'm some sort of master guitarist, I'm just saying that it's easy.

>Is it proper? No.
This is a backwards way of thinking. If no one dared to play instruments the "improper" way, hardly any innovation in music as a whole would've happened.

Modern classical guitar playing was thought of as improper, it was the disruption.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about. You're just spewing shit to satisfy your incorrect attitude to preserve your self esteem.

To play classical guitar (holy shit) you need to learn CLASSICAL GUITAR method.

Bro, what I'm talking is beginner, beginner stuff. There are dozens of arpeggio patterns. If you can't start with notation, you're not playing right.

Again, it's not an intuitive style. It's notated within sheet music where your fingers should fall to properly achieve certain patterns, chords. All as an extension of some pre-learned pattern you need to have memorized.

Not to mention a discussion of tone.

You don't know shit, don't talk like you do. Listen to what I'm saying and at least learn to read fucking music.

But, also, I'm not saying that I don't want to be better at playing, that's why I'm learning something new every day, and one day I'll probably learn how to read sheet music, it may be a long way off, but for now I'm learning what "feels" right.
Again, sorry if I came off as delusional or obtuse, but I simply don't like elitism, and I love music.

OP here I don't know how to say it in English but I didn't mean the online tab thing I meant like... partition I think it's called?
I absolutely know I need to read music to learn classical guitar, there's no denying that at all

So yeah it's what I was looking for, partition of this particular track if possible
I can't seem to fucking find it

I am a clasically trained guitar player and I do know what I'm talking about. Are Webern's drei lieder proper works to play on a classical guitar with the correct technique? Of course not, but it allowed the wrting for the and the instrument itself progress. While you may have a point if you were referring exclusively to classical guitar, in any other scenario your point is ridiculous and you know that. Or at least I can hope you do.

Also @ everyone who knows classical guitar: realistically if you have musical talent and determination, how many hours / day + days or months would you need to learn this entire piece and play it this way ? I wanna know just how mad it is that this chick was basically 19 and playing it perfectly

Okay, but you'll have to unlearn bad habits later.

I started playing trumpet with an embouchure. Google "false embouchure". Had to spend months unlearning and fixing it.

What feels right is not always proper in music, especially in an established style.

Start with the fundamental blocks. I don't think you love music if you've never taken time to read it. You just like listening to it and humming along. If you love something, you make time for it.

Classically traned =/= classical player.

And i doubt it either way, if you're one of the nobs that's been posting in the thread previously.

It's a classical piece, using classical method, you nonce.

To everyone in this thread: What do you think of Leonard Cohen's guitar playing?

It's not an issue of elitism here, it's an issue of correct. You're insecure.

>It's a classical piece, using classical method, you nonce.
My first reply had nothing to do with that and you're trying to win an epic internet argument on a dead internet board by antagonizing new guitar players, instead of actually helping them.
>Is it proper? No.
>This is a backwards way of thinking. If no one dared to play instruments the "improper" way, hardly any innovation in music as a whole would've happened.
I'm not OP.

Bad. If music relies on words primarily it's not good music. It's valid expression, but more like poetry.

I'm not discouraging them. I'm telling them the work involved, and that it helps to learn music by learning to learn music. i.e. reading it.

Holy fuck talk about thread detailing

>If music relies on words primarily it's not good music. It's valid expression, but more like poetry.
Just another reminder that this board is truly dead, as if anyone doubted that.

No, grow out of singer-songwriters you faggot. Plenty of good music with words, but Leonard Cohen is by no means a good guitar player just because you like his words and heroin addled voice.

What about his fast triplets?

you know how many respectable folk players hate dylan, right? is this rolling stone magazine?

youtube.com/watch?v=_87OHmULKs8

Yeah wow triplets, no

>thread where people whose parents payed for music instruction go rabid because somebody doesn't listen to music the right way.
>how can they do it the wrong way?! My parents made me sit in that small room for twenty years now, I HAVE to be right[spoiler]?[/spoiler]

>No, grow out of singer-songwriters you faggot
You know you have a strong argument when you have to reinforce it with ad hominem attacks and buzzwords. Why should anyone grow out of singer-songwriter music? It's not as if they're making landfill, corporate music.
>but Leonard Cohen is by no means a good guitar player
Great, neither is Dylan and no one is arguing otherwise in this thread. No one is expecting John Williams and bebop players in folk music.
>just because you like his words and heroin addled voice
What's wrong with lyrics having meaning and artists having something to say? And by the way, I'm not:

>boohoo my parents didn't care for me, therefore people who learned more about music know more about music than me

Life isn't fair, sunshine.

Question was

What do I think of his guitar playing?

I said bad, and his music too. That's what I think.

>I said bad, and his music too. That's what I think.
Great, don't try to reinforce your personal preference in music as a universal fact.

I think Dylan's music is landfill music, yes.

>John Williams as an example of classical music

Holy fuck you are pleb. This board is dead and you are the problem.

Yea but my opinion's better than yours. Welcome to Sup Forums. You liking something doesn't make it good. I'm telling you why I think it's bad compared to legitimate players.

You have feelings.

>I think Dylan's music is landfill music, yes.
May I ask why?

>Yea but my opinion's better than yours.
This better be ironic.

I like folk music. I think Dylan is not good compared to other folk music I have listened to. I don't even think it's really folk.

Very respected folk players tend to agree, and I like them better so I think it's fair to have them confirm my bias.

youtube.com/watch?v=3WbmD64CKH0

Usually yes, in this case no. Opinions can be better. Hit me with some subjectivity bullshit thing, but there's a reason Ave Maria is put in the Voyager probe and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Theme is a pop cultural artifact.

You're the pop cultural artifact.

Wait, I already know the answer. If it's not an artist you happen to enjoy, then your personal preference in music is more valid than mine.
>Very respected folk players tend to agree, and I like them better so I think it's fair to have them confirm my bias.
Exactly. It's about being more correct in your preference of music than a random anonymous person on a dead music board. How many levels of irony are you on? Or are you actually serious?

Listen to the song, friend.

>Mutter good prose and sing through your nose

That's Dylan. Fine prose, bad music. You like poems.

>You're the pop cultural artifact.
Great telepathic ability. Especially impressive for you being on an anonymous image board. I'm sure you'll tell us all what my name is, where I live and the IP address of every single post of mine in this thread.

Alright, new question: What do you think of Les Paul's and Chet Atkins' guitar playing?

Yeah, it's Shitbaby Jr. @ "I tend to agree with Rolling Stone circa 2008 that Bob Dylan is a good musician" Avenue. I can always put your IP address in tablature because you don't seem to know any other established conventions.

>Very respected folk players tend to agree
By very respected folk players you decided not to name? Interesting. And to confirm your bias, there's a clearly satirical song.
youtube.com/watch?v=nDWrZiqR46M
Is this a pinnacle of folk music and singer-songwriters you're referring to?

Bad.

Joe Pass and Wes Montgomery for me.

Looking at this , I'm convinced that you've found youtube.com/watch?v=3WbmD64CKH0 in an attempt to aggravate people her and continue your shitposting rampage. I hope you at least had enough decency to sage when you started.

Yeah, believe it or not folk musicians tend to play at county levels and are you know - average folks. Not fucking wankstain fedoras that are falling apart and think they're fedora Jesus.

McKintosh is really good. His stuff largely isn't on youtube tho, because he plays LIVE SHOWS like folk musicians do. Christ.

youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0l-cagrz8&list=PLMqrscZWZK0jq6A7ymnYdxWRnZHfoXani&index=5

Still enough of him up.

When did people on this board start liking Dylan again?

Did the new crop of fourteen year olds find this place?

youtube.com/watch?v=_H8XqA7WyLI

>if you play what I don't like you're COMPLETELY wrong

This thread in a nutshell

Not at all.

He's playing something I like, he's just not giving it the proper respect or doing any fucking research on his own.

And it's incidental, but not surprising that his taste is shit.

What are your thoughts on playing a guitar with a slider?

fine, but it's obviously a situational accessory

Stop treating music like it's a fucking recipe

For the last time, you fucking nigger.

Music isn't a recipe, but there are better and worse examples of musical application.

For example: two guitarists I mentioned Joe Pass and Wes Montgomery.

Joe Pass was highly technical and refined, very educated. Wes Montgomery was self taught, but so instinctive and soulful that he was able to pull it off. Still, both of such insane caliber that it works.

Someone like Les Paul - although big in POP music is a gimmicky motherfucker who does child tricks. He's a guitar technician, he shouldn't be remembered for his playing. It's gutter shit that very rarely leaves outside of some scales. It's easy to hit a string multiple times.

Rock music is pop music. Pop music is a recipe and shit. You argue on behalf of the recipe, not me.

And theory helps you understand this. Get out of here with your 14 and 17 year old recommendations and listen to way more shit.

Classical guitar is a great start, but don't come to someone who knows a lot about it and try and argue with them because you're realizing how unequiped you are for it.

also

>boohoo change the entire school and tradition of classical guitar for me; I know better than 200 years of refinement and contribution.

Snap, you pissed him off. But I don't think this is his final form. I bet there's more.
One string you say? [spoiler]Django Reinhardt[/spoiler]

Lmao that classical guitar pseud.
Enjoy your derivative style friend

>Rock music is pop music. Pop music is a recipe and shit. You argue on behalf of the recipe, not me.
I knew it. All genres of music except classical music are worthless: The post. Over and over again. Who do you think you're aggravating with this? People who contributed to this board and would go out of their way to take you seriously, even after your admission of shitposting are long gone.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_popular_music_genres
All of these are just the same.

>but don't come to someone who knows a lot about it and try and argue with them because you're realizing how unequiped you are for it
You're back to:
>if you play what I don't like you're COMPLETELY wrong
You're losing the plot man.

Robert Kruger played good classical

No, there's classical and there's jazz. Then Chuck Berry took jazz and a bunch of hippies ruined a whole lot of shit. Bunch of white people ripped off a bunch of black people and didn't really contribute anything past what the black people had contributed.

All you need from rock and roll happened in the 50s and 60s, punk was good because it was a rejection of that shit and went back to a more expressive jazz form.

Now rock is dead and I'm glad. Fucking kiddie shit.

You're lacking on the history side too.

If you get a guitar teacher in college guess what you pick? Classical or jazz, you fucking nigger.

If you play what I like wrong, you're completely wrong yes. You can't play that shit by ear. Moot point, you're not even reading properly.

>Nigger, hippies, kiddie shit
Who do you think you're fooling with these half-effort attempts at bait?

Yeah dude, rock's totally alive and well. Really have seen a lot of transformative effort in that genre.

Grunge was good, but grunge was punk roots. Punk was a rejection of rock.

Let's all listen to the fucking rolling stones and AC/DC, my dude. Let's be fourteen. Le Van Halen is le good guitarist. Le Jimi Hendrix.

Rock is cess from a guitar standpoint.

Where I'm from you learn this shit in grade school.

>nigger
Well, case closed

Punk, as the most primitive and rightly so pretentious genre as grunge is good, but attempts of clasically trained musicians to elevate rock music to new levels and reimagine rock as a whole are bad? Outstanding logic. Is that why the academia has recognized and analyzed works of those dreaded rock bands which punk tried to punish?
arizona.openrepository.com/arizona/bitstream/10150/145489/1/azu_etd_11579_sip1_m.pdf
lipscomb.umn.edu/rock/docs/Covach1997_Yes.pdf
berklee.edu/courses/mlan-335
academia.edu/31047100/Review_Playing_the_Fool_35th_Anniversary_Edition_by_Gentle_Giant
academia.edu/Documents/in/Progressive_rock
And where did you get the idea that those would be the words to come out of my mouth?

Lmao it's another thread where people that don't really mess with art music get offended when someone makes mostly legitimate comparisons between it and popular music. I enjoy popular music for the few things it can offer that art music can't, but when it comes to diversity of composition and sounds used it's just objectively not even close. Guitar wise, classical guitar's easily the toughest overall form of guitar music to learn because learning it's fingering and picking is nowhere near as intuitive as everything else learned on a guitar. The only specific tougher thing to learn would be learning to fluidly improvise in more technical approaches in jazz (e.g. Like John Coltrane) because you have to be out there and essentially be mediocre for most of your 20s until it finally starts developing from years of playing/learning to interact with other musicians.

Yeah, tumblr's that way my guy. Maybe over there they'll tell you that Tame Impala is so gr8 and that you're special for playing the same three scales by ear.

Note how these academic works you posted don't have actual analysis of the music that Art Music works entail. Popular music has always had a spot in academia, but always from a cultural perspective never analytical of the music itself.

Punk kicks ass. Punk is jazz. Sludge is jazz. Heavy, tonal stuff is jazz. Pure expression.

Rock is pop music. Formulaic. Stale. You're gay, dude.

Classically trained musicians have done things with rock. It's called metal. Metal is good because it's very similar in structure to classical.

Rock music sucks dick. None of those people sans the metal heads are classically trained. They just stole black people swagger.

Do you want me to tell you how I know you didn't bother opening a single link and that you're still on an epic shitposting rampage in order to aggravate people? You even admitted it yourself:
And here's another one while I was solving the captcha:
Just stop giving him attention people.

Yes, thank you. I'm being very blunt with words here, but these other dudes don't know jack shit.

I'm not doing your gay algebra homework, bro.

Jack shit about art music anyway, which is my point.

I read it. Genesis is art music. Genesis used to be closer to jazz. That's why people got mad when they moved towards a pop sound. complex time signatures, they used to have horns and cutting edge electronics - the experimentation of which got replaced with 4/4 and standard drum machines.

>Do you want me to tell you
No, I'll tell you. You think that shallow Fantano level shit about muh classical influence, mentioning time sigs of tracks, and putting a couple measures of the music somehow entails a real analysis of music. It seems like you have never seen real analysis of classical works if you think these more cultural approaches are at all comparable.

But by making a thread about classical guitar, it automatically becomes about art music since classical guitar entails the performance aspect of that world.
>Genesis
>Art music
I won't judge you for liking them or w/e that's your personal taste. But they ain't art music, buddy. It's worth looking up what that term means.

I thought at one point they were experimental early on, but I haven't listened in a while desu. Better things out there.

As a follow up to this,
because you actually seem to have a music background.

For all intents and purposes, I consider jazz art music. I know some people would still call it pop but I think they're wrong. I just put Abacab on rn tho and it definitely isn't fitting the criteria for jazz I thought it had.

What is considered under "music background"?
I mean, I know I'm nowhere as close to a intricate fellow like you, but maybe if I start "breathing" music, I'll be able to grasp these concepts you talk of (which are pretty alien to me right now).
Thank you

Music theory. Read music. Play music you've read. Play standards.

I did have parents who put me in rooms. I've played jazz and classical (trumpet) from a pretty young age, so you learn patterns and standards after 20 years. I prefer jazz.