Will you admit that Atlanta was a phenominal show or will you argue for the soul purpose of not feeling like a cuck

Will you admit that Atlanta was a phenominal show or will you argue for the soul purpose of not feeling like a cuck.

It's a pretty good show and I'm not white senpai

People wont say the same because black people.

It's good, promising, not phenomenal. The writing is the weak link, for all that it doest right, there's some needless, clunky contrivances. The direction, vibe, plotting, etc is very good.

it was ok. better than expected

When you're the only one making threads about the show I think it's time to admit it lacks interest and demand, and just because you take Sup Forums memes seriously doesn't mean everyone else is just as pathetic.

there are some moments where I either thought they are really trying hard to make a joke or the thought wasnt there in certain scenes.

With Glovers name all over this I thought this was either going to be a huge swing and a miss or a solid show and I was happy. Comparing to other fx shows with this demographic I would say this is the best one out there, an Im comparing it to like louie and better things.

>people being butthurt that a black person did something better than a white person
>"its a meme, you dip"

Theres one

The fact that Glover had the audacity to call it Twin Peaks with rappers had me very excited but I think I ended up disliking the first season in the end. It's yet another show that plays at being deep but has little to no substance or point, the main characters were unlikeable to the point of loathing (and I don't think that was intentional), it wasn't funny, which is a big one, and it was extremely derivative of Louie and other similar shows. I've been following Donald Glover since his pre 30 Rock days and lament that one of the most promising comedic talents of our day decided to crawl up his own ass and take himself way too seriously.

I really liked it and am awaiting season 2.

I made a thread like 2 days ago m8.

7/10, far from phenomenal but still above average.

literally the first show that hasnt portrayed black culture in an embarassing stereotypical way. pretty great

>soul purpose

This

it's not out of this world but it's definitely good
I think the strongest part to me is that the 3 main characters are all interesting in their own way

OK IT'S

PARKED CAR

Good show but it could have used a bit more focus

the episode with the black lady and her Africaboo husband was hilarious

I liked it, mostly because it was relatable for me as a poorfag slav (I guess there's a reason they call us the niggers of white people)
more similarities in two cultures than I expected

>STOP BEING SO GODDAMN NICE ALL THE TIME

I was surprised at how well they handled that character.

the invisble car gag was great

black beiber saying nigger made me lol

yeah, I felt unsure with what story if any they were actually telling across the course of the season

I mean when you think about it, what really changed?

all of the gunshot and shooting charges didn't have any ramifications
Earn got paid a bit I guess
his qt gf got fired

It's like the show is caught in two minds over whether to actually have a driving narrative or just have it be about whatever

still enjoyable though

>soul purpose

A lot of the mid season stuff felt like it would have fit better in a season 2

>It's like the show is caught in two minds over whether to actually have a driving narrative or just have it be about whatever

I thought of it as a loose anthology show vaguely tied together by a narrative throughline.

I mean after the first two episodes you could pretty much watch the rest of the season in any order you wanted, it's way more about this weird world and these weird stories then the plot about Earn and Paperboi.

listen what is this show actually ABOUT?

is it just "let's film black people so whites can laugh at how goofy they are" or does it have an actual point or plot or theme it's going for?

its about a former A&R whos struggling back in his hometown who finds a promising rapper to manage. Its about the come up for the most part

An ivy league dropout works a shitty job, then finds out his rapper cousin is getting big, and tries to ride on his success by becoming his manager

So you're saying you...want to feel like a cuck?

Where did that come from?

huh, so it's like Black Entourage: The Early Years?

>a nigger show
>about a nigger city
>good

please

It was a phenomenal show, agreed OP.

Sort of. It's more like Black Louie.

Except none of this stuff was addressed and/or mattered.

its okay. season finale should have been the paperboi vs feminist chick. every episode after that was pretty lazily written

I haven't watched Louie. Does it cover any societal issues or is it more about the personal stuff?
what WAS addressed and mattered?

>soul purpose
>soul

fucking white male here

donald glover is actually pretty based, i think his hip hop is awful though

Nothing, which is why it wasn't a particularly good show. The diversions weren't entertaining and failed at attempting to have weight.

It's more like louie in tone, daily life with a dash of absurdism. Like other people in the thread have said, it doesn't really follow follow a straightforward plotline. The first two episodes set up a world and character, and then the rest is just their excursions.

i tried watching it. it was way too black for me and I couldn't relate to it at all. not my style of show to begin with though. i find gritty human drama to be a turdfest in general.

>soul [sic] purpose of not feeling like a cuck.
wasn't danny glover's character literally a cuck? sleeping next to his (separated?) babymama then her going off to fuck other dudes?

one of the first scenes in the pilot was a bunch of hood niggas beefing with each other and one of them pulling a gun. the entire episode revolves around black people in the ghetto trying to be rappers and ballers. it's the epitome of the ghetto stereotype and everything wrong with black "culture" in general.

donald* glover, sorry.

It is alright but it gets boring pretty fast

i had to pause that a bunch of times because i couldnt take it

What did he mean by this?

why should I as a white person watch this show?

>3 good eps
>rest absolute shit
stop

Jeremy my son, aren't you going to come upstairs with me and watch the black lover satisfy your mom again?

to the poster who keeps on pointing out I wrote soul instead of sole youre not getting a (You) so you can stop

cause its entertaining and you get to understand the urban struggles?
as someone who grew up around black people I can somewhat relate but I can understans its not a show for everybody