Opinions on the young pope?

opinions on the young pope?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!v8ZB3RiA!vq6GEB5itWVgFA1oCivyIjlDfhHmAgnwc0tKZung8cM
transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=765&t=29285
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's great

Sorrentkino

Really wish you fucks would focus your attention on shilling for Westworld instead.

Best thing out right now tbqh.

Acting, cast, writing and, direction are all great.

Even the weird music choices work extremely well.

swiss guards are not allowed to be married or bring family/ kids whatever. that's a privilege only allowed to officers. and that peter fuck is clearly no officer. furthermore, they would talk swiss german. but they dont even fake an accent in the series. tickles really autism

>understood Spanish and Italian parts without subtitles

blessed, hope German doesn't come up

definitely stealing this

Came here to make this thread, with that exact image

Loved it

Good acting.
Good production quality all around.
Edgy high school tier premise.

dankest show of the year

>flag on the ground

This fucking mexican was stupid, if he wanted to serve God he wouldn't suicide, he went straight to Hell.

it's holy ground. check mate, fagget

I think Lenny is vastly overestimating his own power. As far as I can tell his plan is to grow the church by becoming the Catholic version of the Wahabbist Muslims (who have been hugely successful), but he's trying to do it in Italy. The conditions just aren't right, he can bluster all he wants about the non expedit but no Italian government will ever carry out his demands (ban of all divorces, ban on all gay marriages, ban on all abortions, expansion of the Vatican, etc.). He should be focusing on Africa and South America, things are desperate enough there for his particular brand of fundamentalism to really take off.

more like cutting off all the marxist shit accumulated since ww2. we really need such a pope

Wait this is set in modern day?

best

>tfw you will never make a room full of cardinals crawl in front of you to kiss your foot

>address me as holy father

I'm on episode 3 and the pope just seems like a bitchy crybaby with daddy issues.

I'm supposed to hate the protag, right?

That said, I love the endings and everything is very beautiful.

The problem is that such a Pope will only alienate many of his followers. It will win in tons of support in hardline areas like Sub-Saharan Africa, but in Latin America and Europe, Catholicism and "marxist shit" (known as "Christian Democracy) have been intertwined for nearly a century now.

I like it a lot.

Still feel bad for Voiello though. Every time I think Lenny is going to show him a millimeter of kindness, he just throws that notion out the window. Feels bad.

westworld is fucking garbage. even ed harris and hopkins can't salvage the shit writing

*it will win him

>I'm supposed to hate the protag, right?

Yes, unless you're an extremely conservative Catholic.

Even if I was an extreme conservative I'd hate him for that homily cringe.

the show is not even out yet what the fuck are you retards talking about????

you are wrong

Why don't you guys who make these threads just make a /typ/ or /pontifex/ general? It would be mush easier to search the catalog. Or is it that because americans can't see this yet we can't have that?

it's airing on hbo in certain countries already. people are watching the torrents

With how much they built up the homily, I was really expecting something other than a public, televised tantrum. All the behind the scenes dealing made it seem like he had more of a plan, then he just starts some barely articulate rant, berating the entire crowd.

Or you can just type "young pope" faggot

>cringe
what are you? some 14 year old redditor?

>swiss guards are not allowed to be married
wrong. When joining the guard one has to be unmarried, however after 3 years of service and when signing to serve another 3 years and have attained at least the rank of "korporal" one can marry and stay in the guard.

>officers

that would work if we didn't have threads like we did a few days ago where the OP was just "what did he mean by this" folowed by the picture with the pope saying something about gays

he's sort of right that it needs a general at this point.

Abe Vagoda best priest.

Loving it. The baby dropping scene was extremely uncomfortable even though i was spoiled of it, it's like the worst thing you can do, or at least it's up there. The sex scene in episode 6 was also great.

Don't want to go all fedora, but it's interesting to consider the Lenny's point of view. I was raised with the beliefs pretty much opposite of his, but with benefits of modern civilization like depression and fake friends from the internet you've got to wonder what is the opposite of that is like. All the "create a mystery" stuff sounds just like the right thing to do. Unironically really makes you think.
Sure, show jumps around too much and a lot of scenes don't have an immidiate payoff but the pacing still feels right.

Overall seems really great and it doesn't look like it's possible that further episodes will be shit.

And of course

>tfw you will never be 10/10 pope eyefucked by 10/10 powerful women.

fug

>The spoiler in episode 6 was also great.
I'm glad I'm not the onle one who thinks that.

He was spanish, retard.

Yeah, it was sort of lame. I was hoping for some scripture, some latin, maybe a vague reference to decadence....you know, reactionary stuff.

I want to marry young and old Sister Mary

Wrong about what specifically? Africa/Latin America/Europe? Christian Democracy?

So did he just kick out the Sacrament of Reconciliation in the Address?

Cos as a Catholic that is pretty fucking antichrist

I downloaded the first episode last night but there weren't Italian subtitles and by the time there were two long scenes of just Italian being spoken I knew I was missing out on some shit so I stopped

I need to find one with subtitles but it looked pretty fucking cool from what was in English

Are you talking about the whole "women who have had abortions can't receive absolution" thing? Because that does seem sort of heretical.

wrong that a reactionary movement in the wake of islamic mass immigration and onslaught would be seen as something bad. most people are leaving the church because they bend over backwards for the invaders.

>use mpc
>hit "d"
>click ok
done

You can download the subtitles as a .txt and read them at the same time. Takes you out of the scene a bit though, luckily the episodes are almost entirely in English.

I swear he pulled some sort of "lol no forgiveness 4 u you faithless masses"

Cos the abortion thing you mentioned does sound like standard prcatice for more extrememe members of the clergy out there.

Here you go bro, up to date subtitles, including a set that just has the italian stuff.

mega.nz/#!v8ZB3RiA!vq6GEB5itWVgFA1oCivyIjlDfhHmAgnwc0tKZung8cM

in his address to the cardinals he says "Sin will no longer be forgiven at will", so maybe?

>most people are leaving the church because they bend over backwards for the invaders
Source?

>I swear he pulled some sort of "lol no forgiveness 4 u you faithless masses"

I don't think that's what he said. IIRC it was something along the lines of "you need to find God yourselves", I don't think he was saying that they couldn't receive forgiveness.

transcripts.foreverdreaming.org/viewtopic.php?f=765&t=29285

>you want to look me in my face
>Go see God first
>I'm not going to show you the way
>When you have found God, perhaps you will see me as well

I'm still not sure how the "no forgiveness for abortion" thing is allowed. Granted, I'm barely a Catholic, so I don't know the details, but how is it possible to not grant forgiveness for certain sins?

rapefugee boat as altar. given its not catholic but I for one would hand in my resignation the next day.

So either some much serious and enforceable Penance.

Or he kicks the sacrament out of the common Priests and Bishops hands and gives it to... I dunno, probably some wild eyed ferverent believer.

>but how is it possible to not grant forgiveness for certain sins?
Dang my R.E. mode from school is kicking back in

Last I remember there's mortal sin and venial sin, venial sin being not as bad, and mortal sin meaning you could go to hell for it.

I don't recall any (English) Catholic teaching saying that some sins were unforgiveable, but to be truly forgiven you gotta be wholly repentant and contrite of heart. Something like that.

I think you're overestimating Europeans. A reactionary movement might gain some very devoted followers, but it would lose a lot of the "casuals". But maybe that's exactly what Lenny/Pius wants.

>most people are leaving the church because they bend over backwards for the invaders

Most people are leaving the church because we don't feel the need to be a part of it. It's a random cultural relic to a lot of us, not particularly relevant to our daily lives. I don't think people leaving the church are thinking "hmm, after analyzing the church's stance on refugees, I think I'm going to be looking elsewhere". The type of people to be that strongly concerned about refugees are likely to be the most religious.

>reverse image search
>it's Germany
>specifically Cologne

Wow, what a shock!

fuck those casuals. they are not needed and can fuck off.

>Most people are leaving the church because we don't feel the need to be a part of it.
exactly that's problem. however, the need is still there but the church cant fulfil it anymore. so people look for alternatives as in quasi religious social justice movements or in materialistic nihilism.

>Wowee why is the Catholic Church being charitable and welcoming to a load of poor people and sinners?

agnusdei.jpg

WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET A SMACK-DOWN OF AN IMAM

I WANT TO SEE HIS TAKE ON "INTER-FAITH DIALOGUE"

But there's a difference between how you feel about something and what "most people" are actually doing or planning to do because of it. Saying that people are leaving the Church because of Pope support of the rapefugees is just bullshit. The few people that still are catholic are not going to leave the Church just because of one Pope's interpretation of the Bible. You argue within the Church, not from the outside.

Church attendance is dropping under "liberal" churches and rising under hard-line ones

Young Catholics are abandoning their faith in droves. People want direction, not "lol jesus loves everyone do whatever idk"

>Saying that people are leaving the Church because of Pope support of the rapefugees is just bullshit
just another nail in the coffin of the church. followings are falling in record numbers for a reason

>I'm still not sure how the "no forgiveness for abortion" thing is allowed

You're excommunicated automatically but with enough time and penance and genuine remorse and contrition you'd be let back in

>just another nail in the coffin of the church. followings are falling in record numbers for a reason
True that to be honest. One of the biggest problems that the Church faces today is the lack of young people wanting to become priests, this does not help at all.

For those who want to stream:

123movies has 6 episodes available, but only has subtitles up to episode 4.

Someone explain how did that sterile woman get pregnant? Is Lenny a God?

>dude, what if the AI are, like, real?

No, but he might just have interceded on his behalf

Guarantee that'll be one of the miracles used for his canonisation in the fast-forward at the last episode

>exactly that's problem
The problem is that priests and catholic church is liberal and tolerant as fuck.
For example why should I go confess my sins to a priest that sleeps around with multiple women and doesn't even bother to hide it, and has no problem with marrying couples that already have children or have been married and divorced multiple times before, and gives sermons where he literally defends adultery and cuckoldry telling married couples they should forgive each other and that it's only human to make those mistakes. Fuck them, I even have more respect for muslims stoning women and cutting hands off for stealing, at least they're sticking to their beliefs.

You're either arcing into very personal territory or spewing as much anecdotal rubbish as you can and I cannot tell which is which/

my point exactly. even though Im a fedora tipping none-believer I see that the church has to be an unmovable pillar. I think it just simply needs someone who says "no. that's wrong. we dont want that"

but honestly, the celibacy is bullshit. an unfucked/ unmarried man without kids will never stand as grounded in life as one with all that. In fact priests should lead by example how to have a long lasting,s table marriage with kids.

I'm giving you an actual real life example of why I stopped associating myself with the Cuckholic Church.

She believed.

it's a meme show favored by reddit

duuude what if that guy that we THINK is human is actually a robot?

They fucked standing up

>fucked standing up
>male sperm are stronger swimmers
>had a boy

IT FITS

>but honestly, the celibacy is bullshit. an unfucked/ unmarried man without kids will never stand as grounded in life as one with all that
More like the exact opposite.
>In fact priests should lead by example how to have a long lasting,s table marriage with kids.
>a long lasting,s table marriage with kids
That would only be possible if we went back in time to the age where women were 100% dependant on their husbands and their property, and husbands could legally keep women in check wihtout the fear of domestic violence charges, rape charges, divorce, etc.
Marriage in 21st century is a feminist scam whose main purpose is for sluts to find beta providers after they're done with the cock carousel, and for potential golddiggers to cash in their cunts before they hit the late 20s/early 30s wall.

White people shouldn't be allowed to dance

>t. supreme gentleman

>More like the exact opposite.
wrong. procreating is probably the most deep-seated biological urge short to breathing and eating and fighting it will never produce a stable Individuum.

Plenty of people go through life as stable, sane individuals without having sex, let alone having kids.

like who?

myself ;^)

>sane
>stable

???
You want me to provide anecdotal evidence? Was it that outrageous of an assertion?

I can give you evidence for the opposite: just look at the muslim world. do they look stable and sane to you?

I honestly don't know what to make of this show.

Seeing the degenerate liberal mess the Church is decaying into, it'd be interesting to get a Pius Pope.

Alas, we last got a withered kraut who did not have the decency to die in office but chose to put his fucking feet up for the rest of his life.

And now we have a communist bean-nigger, oh joy.

Fuck off, Pope Francisco is based af

Some of them do, and very few of them actually abstain from sex.

As for abstinence, what about Buddhist monks? They're some of the calmest and most levelheaded people on Earth, and they don't fuck.

so much this

this

wtf I love chile now

it's not wilful abstinence but the impossibility of sex without marriage, polygamy and general repressive culture. just look at the rapefugees coming to europe, having "sexual emergencies" and blue balls hanging to the floor.

no pope kissing muslim feet and sucking muslim cock while christians all around the world are dying is "based" you cuck

>Pope Francisco is based af
Dubs confirm

Best current series.