Thurston Moore

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on Thurston Moore? Why do people hate him? I know about the stuff with Kim, but it seems there's more going on right now

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TXlHKTPfLVA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because he's Lee for Ranaldo

Look at sonic youth nardwar

1.He's a white male
2.Watch the nardwuar interview. Nasty guy.
3.He has this whole "2cool4you" demeanor that looks kinda pathetic at his age

He's always Thurston for Moore money

It's because he's Thurston for Moore

Thurston is a boring old hippie now but I respect him for the amount of support he's given to authentic underground art over the years and for his willingness to set his ego aside when it comes to working with underground artists.

Also, Nardwuar deserves every bit of abuse he gets. Insufferable, pathetic goblin.

t.brainlet faggot

Only manlets and feminists hate based thurston

Fred Cracklin, you mean?

Thats the point of nardwar though, he acts like that to get a rise it wasn't maybe sonic youth's greatest hour but it was a good interview for Nard.

How come Lee is so bad now, his stuff just sounds really boring.

>whole gimmick is being retarded and disrespecting people
>someone gets surprised when people shit on him back
Are you retarded

There are very few people that have handled a nardwuar interview as badly as sonic youth did. I think that says something about them. And most of them weren't really that young, so seeing them acting like children was pathetic.

>they were in their 30s during the Nardwuar interview
wtf

>someone takes a piss out of you
>you take a piss out of him
What's the problem? I mean, seriously.

he's in character

He's a filthy commie

>He's a white male

Lefty person of color here. You realize we're completely chill with white liberals/democrats, right?

Thurston Moore did a pretty good job with what he had and made a decent career out of it. I refuse to judge him as a person based on some meme interview from some meme interviewer who's also twenty years past his prime.

I just watched it, it was fine.

Well if you're somewhat emotionally mature like a 30-something man is expected to be, you should know that bullying an interviewer while being filmed is probably the last option on your list. Ideally, you would be strong enough to act professionally despite nardwuar's persona, or you would be able to recognize that he's playing a character and have a sense of humor about it.

Bi racial centrist here. A lot of cool white people on the right too desu. Or, you know, nice bait.

It's not bait, I'm just being honest. The bearded beanie white dude that sifts through old fela kuti records is more easy going than the dude who drives a pickup with truck balls and uses terms like "white guilt" and "cuck" unironically.

What if i'm a Nazi who also can appreciate Fela Kuti?

I'd be more concerned with your goalpost moving ability. :^)

This is barely worth getting into maybe but let me ask you something. Is every white person on the left a hipster millennial vaping jackass? No? Great, well it goes both ways. This is the problem. Most people are chill and just went to get by. It's the two extremes that are fighting an information war and the vast majority of us are just caught in the middle.

Who's more easy going, the skinny jeans beard and glasses dude that goes to every protest he can and never shuts up about politics while liking some of your music, or the guy who's generally right wing and doesn't like that guy, but generally shuts up about it and also has an appreciation for Fela Kuti?

Not that other guy or moving goalposts, I'm just legitimately curious.

I-i can't play sports.

>American civil war 2: electric boogaloo averted by Confusion Break Bones

Yes, and they entertained his character. Still can't see a problem. See a troll, entertain him by trolling. Are people banned from having fun past 30?

One's complaining about a halloween costume, and the other's trying to get me kicked out the country I live in. Hmmmmm, what a difficult choice.

Oh, so you're here illegally?

No, I'm here legally. I've just never heard a white lefty go "OUT OUT OUT" or brag about the "day of the rope" etc....

How does Nardwaur disrespect people? He gives them free shit. I've seen him say some awkward autistic shit but he hardly tries to antagonize.

What that other guy said is true. You're conflating the extremists and the idiots with the majority when it isn't true. Just as I'm sure all your friends and compatriots aren't Sup Forums's perfect nu-male meme, that's not most. As a matter of fact, most people are against that.

Really, you've made the classic mistake of taking Sup Forums seriously, Sup Forums is dumb. If you're legal you have nothing to be scared of.

Thurston Whore

He's trying to antagonize them the whole interview, even saying their music video sucks

>You're conflating the extremists and the idiots with the majority when it isn't true

These "extremists" seem to be becoming the norm. I disavow violence or discrimination from the far-left, and have been for a while. I have yet to see the right do the same.
I'd like for everyone to get along without putting unnecessary hardship on others. Unfortunately, I don't see that happening with the direction that the right are heading in currently.

I don't see that happening with the direction the left goes in. While you might and may have seen it, I absolutely have not seen the mainstream disavowing leftist violence. As a matter of fact, I've had more friends and the like try and justify and say they were okay with political violence over #Punchanazi than not. The fact that that's an acceptable public position whereas the equivalent on the right turns you into a pariah tells you something.

But none of this has anything to do with music. Here's hoping everyone on both sides gets a little less stubborn, because all it's done is breed animosity.

I gotta admit bro, I don't want you in my country. I sincerely wish you would leave, but until we can change the laws and make that happen, there's not a lot my side can do about it.

>I don't want you in my country. I sincerely wish you would leave

Don't you just love it when your very existence pisses off a certain group of people? The sad part is that you'd probably deflect by whining about how white people are actually the oppressed ones if I brought this up in another discussion. I just wanna live my life in peace and chill. Adult life's hard enough as it is.

It doesn't piss me off, I just prefer being around other white people. To be frank, you guys can have America; it's dying as is so all your people can really do is accelerate that death. I'll be moving to Canada where it's still 90% white.

Bish I'm already in Canada. Hahahaha

Mate I don't care about you as an individual, I care about non-whites as a group. Canada is big enough, and white enough that both of us can live there and virtually never have to come in contact with one another.

In America, I see brownies every single day, and you would (probably) be more likely to run into more white supremacists here than in Canada.

Doesn't getting angry at the sight of melanin get tiring after a while? I have to deal with people of all races at my job, so I feel like racism would slow down things in the workplace and result in more inefficiencies, which is objectively bad for the economy. Is getting angry at a certain skin color really worth fucking over your country for?

I dont get this. I live somewhere that we rarely see a black person, and when that happens its kinda fascinating. What makes you disgusted to that point? The color of their skin, the place where they came from? I find color and race irrelevant when it comes to stereotypes, I got a shitload of gypsies commiting crimes here and a shitload of whites doing the same. Im disgusted by scum people in general.

If you lived around them, you'd understand. I was an anti-racist liberal before I moved away from my quiet middle American town to live in the city for a few years.

why the fuck do you wanna be around exclusively white people
are you retarded

>If you lived around them, you'd understand

youtube.com/watch?v=TXlHKTPfLVA

because he thinks he way smarter and cooler than everybody else

I do live around other people of color, they are just dirty brown, gypsies are everywhere in Europe and they are much worse then afro americans, only about 20% of their kids get educated, the others steal or beg in the streets. No fucking way you are saying black people who work everywhere from studios to mcDonalds are worse to live close to.

STOP MAKING EVERYTHING ABOUT RACE YOU WALKING TRASHCANS
STOP TRYING TO DIVIDE EVERYONE