Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Classic

mega gay

A little overrated in my opinion. The singles are good - Don't get me wrong - but the deep cuts weren't that great (except for the last three songs). There really isn't an incoherent style to this album. It's a little all over the place. El Manana is a boring ballad. Honestly, Plastic Beach and the self-titled were much better.

Really good

O Green World tho

gay

Prefer plastic beach a bit more but still great album

It's fantastic. Self titled was better, but not by much.
I'd recommend all their albums besides the Fall and Humanz, but Humanz especially.
Listen to any alt hiphop act and it'll probably be better than Humanz. The rest is gold, though.

bumpio

Plastic Beach > Demon Days > Gorillaz >>>>>>>>>> Humanz > The Fall

Really good and unique sounding, very moody but still fun. A classic that deserves it's place

Great, but I preferred S/T and (most of) Plastic Beach. 8.5/10

this and self titled are 10/10s

dont desert me now

EXCELLENT POP MUSIC.

>There really isn't an incoherent style to this album.
I agree with you, there is a coherent style to the album.

I really like D-Sides, Hong Kong and Stop the Dams are my fav gorillaz songs

I still can pick up any of the first 3 gorillaz albums and listen to the whole thing and enjoy nearly every track.

Listened to it too much and now I have to take a long time off before I can listen to it again

self titled and dub remixes are best gorillaz albums
they got big headed

There isnt an incoherent style to it because it's inspired by many popular genres. It's why most of the song's feel refreshing when they play after eachother

Just listened to it the other day. Played it to death back in high school but I burned out and can only put it on a handful of times a year now. Still, pretty good trip hop with a stark aesthetic and a moody, apocalyptic vibe. All Alone and El Manana have long been my favorites, though it's only been in recent years that it hit me just how good Every Planet We Reach Is Dead actually is. Only song on the album I have no real fondness for is DARE, always found that one to be disposable pop trash.

>Humanz
>It all sounds like generic radio top 40 beats

How did all go so wrong, especially after the last blur album was decent.

S/t is better but DD's a masterful album none the less

They wanted spotlight, the image was an important part of Gorillaz and it died the second they revealed themselves

no

I like Plastic Beach and Self-Titled more

Not nearly as amazing for how much it gets talked about. At least it's better than pretty much everything that followed. The whole band has been an exercise in diminishing returns.

>they got big headed
And forgot how to have fun, which killed any kind of enjoyment in their music.

I just realized how many cues Damon takes from the KLF

This. Its literally mucore

Please explain

In my top 10 of all time and my second favorite album of the 2000's.

It's a 10/10 and a masterpiece through and through.

more like gayrillaz lmao

just scooped myself a vinyl copy through vinyl me please, cant wait till it arrives, huge fan of this album

Man, I think White light is one of the best tracks.
Really enjoy the song.

Doo doo doo

Glitter freeze is like the doctor who thing they did

The Fall is pretty much a more electronic version of their chillout album

It's a shame the point of Gorillaz was forgotten after Plastic beach and just became an outlet for Damon to make songs about his political agenda by saying "TRUMP IS BAD!!!! HES RUINING THE WORLD!!!"

Everyday Robots and Magic Whip are better post-Plastic Beach representations of Gorillaz than what has actually come out under their name since.

Best gorillaz album IMO almost every track holds up (All alone and el manana do not in my opinion and are kind of forgetable) great listen while working or just bored.