Any tips/advice...

Any tips/advice? I will be living in a tent in a wooded area behind my local walmart until I receive my tax return ( hopefully by April ). I will then buy a vehicle to sleep in and build my way back up again. I'm a 24 year old male, ameri-tard

Other urls found in this thread:

m.wikihow.com/Become-a-Hobo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

is it a homeless encampment or are you just hiding out there solo?

what the fuck

Although you are in a tough spot, you appear to have a plan and it sounds like you have a chance. Good for you.
My advice is to stay positive, stick to your plan and don't make decisions that you know are foolish. Use your resources sparingly, get lots of rest, keep a low profile, avoid the police and think about what you will use for a mailing address.

Plan on hiding out there solo.

Google urban camping.

Treat the whole thing like a high end expedition. Shop goodwill for quality camping gear, very very carefully steal any other pieces.

Couldn't we come up with a GPS based encrypted address system and deliver to such addresses even if the person relocates?

Thanks for the advice. I won't give up hope, I know I can make it out of this situation with persistence and I will only come out from it better than I was before.

this is a retarded plan.

band up with other hobos.

Okay I'll Google it now and check it out. Yeah I plan on treating it like that, I look at this as a positive thing even though it'll be shitty for awhile.

You could find a cheap gym membership to stay busy at the gym and also shower.

Why is it retarded? I don't really trust people, I think I'm better off being alone but that's just my opinion. I'm not a little guy, no-one is really going to fuck with me ( even if I had anything of value ) which I don't.

You can't trust desperate people.

Good idea, yea I'm looking for the 10$ a month gyms around me. Hopefully could get a job at one as well so i would spend most of my days there.

How is the area? There are 2 Wal-Mart's in my area. Both have small wooded areas. If you pick the ghetto one, you'll get raped, robbed, or murdered. If you pick the other one underage kids may hassle you, or meth addicts may bother you. Find a homeless camp, it's a safer place.

Exactly user

Get a P.O. Box, get a gym membership. Workout in there/shower. Apply for a job at walmart. Or whichever gym you become a member at.

It's a ghetto one haha. My thoughts are that trying to murder/Rob me is a low chance because i have nothing of value but clothes and my cheap cell phone. Raped, doubtful unless it's a very large man with a weapon because Im a rather large bearded man.

Also when you buy a car I’d recommend getting a spacious one or even a can of some sort

Shave. Shaveshaveshave. If you frequent any locations (stores, fast foods), be kind but not too friendly to develop rapport in the local area, minimizing complaints. Blankets. Staying warm at night. Listen to your instincts. If you crave sweets, target fruits. If you eat wild fruits, be certain they're good for you. Libraries and McDonald's are homesteads of Wi-Fi. McDonald's are usually very friendly toward the homeless, at least the 24-hr ones are, particularly in evenings and overnights. Pick up extra shifts. More time at work means easier sleep and more money and less being a sitting duck. I hope everything goes well for you. If you have a local used car dealership that targets teens or young adults, check them first. They tend to be lenient and allow financing in situations where other dealerships may not.. hope I've been of.some help!!.

My struggle is I don't have a bank account due to owing money on my last bank account, so I am unable to open any new ones. Most gyms require a bank account for monthly payments. I'm trying to find one that takes cash or some other form of payment I can actually make other than bank acct.

Yeah I'm hoping to find a decent SVU of some sort, for a spacious backseat. Because basically I will be in this tent for a month or 2, and then in a car for several more months after that. Hoping to have an apartment again before this upcoming October

I want to make tender love to your asshole and then cuddle.

Thanks for all the advice ! I'm currently unemployed as well, which is part of the situation I am in and why I'm stuck living in a tent now. I broke my leg about a month ago ( construction worker ) so have been out of work. Sucks.

The cuddles shall keep me warm at night, good idea

Motiveless murder isn't that common user.

Yep that's what I was thinking. Always better to be safe than sorry, but it's a doubt anyone would fuck with me for no reason, especially when I have nothing of worth. I could understand if I was a woman, but most people aren't going to approach a big guy with a beard trying to mess with them for no reason

Fucking hell Santa Claus is camping out at the walmart

Suck some dick to score coke. Start on crack and work your way to meth. Unless of course you're a pepsi man.

Fake an eastern European accent, say you speak no English and then move to England.

Would need the grey/white beard to be santa lol

I wasn't talking one on one rape, I meant gang raped. In the ghetto areas around me you will get hassled because 1) you're on their turf, 2)they're bored, 3) fuck whitey, or 4) all of the above. There are 2 homeless camps in the city near me. 1 is nice, they look out for each other and the police make sure nobody is bothering them. The cops don't actually harass them, it's more like they do welfare checks on them. The other is at a church. It's rougher, and the non-homeless hate them. The police also hassle that camp because people want it gone.

If I had the money I would definitely move to England.

Oh okay I see, thanks user I will check out the homeless camps in my area to see if any are decent like the ones you have. I'm in richmond Virginia

What about unemployment/worker's comp? .. that's really quite saddening.://

I broke my leg off the job so couldn't get workers comp ( stingy fucks ). I haven't tried unemployment yet which is stupid, because I could have done that a month ago. But I more than likely won't, just gonna apply for tons of jobs and grind this out

yeah dawg you will. my advice for this particular part of your journey is to start thinking of ways you can maintain hygiene and a healthy-ish diet, as those are the two biggest factors involved in looking to rough to maintain your employment.

Just remember that a good meal, a shower, and a shave can do wonders for your looks and morale.

Really? I've ripped off one bank(default on credit cards, overdraft etc owed them 15k) and opened up an account at the next bank. They just ask for id and open the account. Go to wells fargo they'll be happy to open 3 or 4 accounts for you I'm sure

Behold my homeless trips!!

you can trial hop for a few months. most gyms do like a 10-15 buck month long trial period.

Thanks man. Yeah and in addition I think good hygenine and a good diet does alot for self confidence which in turn is good for mental health and will help me dig myself out of this shithole.

Dont do drugs or alcohol. At all.

Yeah I've tried a few and got declined, but haven't tried wells Fargo yet. I will try them, thanks user

beards gotta go. it works when you have your shit together, but if you are basically buming it, it just makes you come off as a hobo.

t. guy with a very large beard.

I like weed but not much of a drinker so should be good in that regard. Only really toke to help with insomnia which I assume is going to be bad sleeping in a tent. But alas I have no herbs so won't be partaking and all my spare money that I get will have to be used towards food and hygienic purposes.

Super depressing but you're right, I can just grow it back after I get my shit together again.

no reason to not put in for it. just once you do put in for it, forget about it and grind out job apps and walkins.

Who's turf? What third world shithole do you live in?
Unless you live in a rough inner city I really don't see any of that happening.

I would suggest that you be happy the way you are now. Sure stick to the plan and improve your situation but dont think like "i must suffer and be unhappy now so i can be happy im the futher." If you do so and fail you will have a miserable life but if you learn to be happy the way you are, in the worst case you will still bei happy. And thats the goal of all human Life. More than that of an advice and all best wishes is all i can give you.

Another possibility if wells Fargo doesn't work out is that some banks have debit card accounts that aren't official bank accounts.I have that same issue you described with the previous bank thing lol :(

sort of. nothing wrong with improving yourself and constructive failure.

OP it looks like you have your shit in order sir. I'll leave you to it. Love to see an update, but the nature of this site means most here atm wouldn't see it.

I really do believe in you, no bullshit, you got this homie. Good luck nigga.

True, can just use it until I no longer need it. Which will hopefully be soon. My luck is usually decent so hope to have a job interview soon.

Thanks user, I agree with this. Happiness has no true definition, we all have our own version of it and nobody can judge another person's " happiness ". Thanks !!

Okay I'll try that out if wells Fargo fails me. Hopefully that or some gym will take cash or a money order.

m.wikihow.com/Become-a-Hobo

I don't know how helpful this is. If you live near a dunkin donuts or the such, they throw away old bagels and such. And panera donates their old bread anyway, maybe you can get in on some of that.

>an apartment

No. The car should be your end goal here. Why on Earth would you want to piss away that kind of money on an apartment? Just live out of your car for the next 10 years, put everything else into a Roth IRA, and then retire.

You've been very kind and responsive to everybody who's trying to help. I truly appreciate that out of you as a human.

I wish I had my shit in order !! I only have it in order in terms of my plan and attitude, everything else is unfortunately not in order, but I think those 2 things are most important anyways. I will post an update in the coming months and hopefully you will get to see it sir. Appreciate it man, I'm gonna need that luck to make it through

good luck

Dude you doubled up on trips. If only you'd have as much luck in the real-world.

True, I think living out an vehicle for several years would take another level of dedication. I think that's a good idea though, i would just have to really set myself to the task of doing that, in the end it would be worth it.

I try to be a decent, kind , understanding and open-minded person because alot of people are asshole's nowadays. I appreciate everyone's advice and hope for me, the least I can do is reply to everyone and thank you guys for trying to help me and not judging me.

I'll take a look at the article and great idea , yep have a dunkin donuts very close by. Thanks user

Thanks!!

Hahaha hell yeah I wish. My luck is decent and has got me out of some deep holes, but not as good as luck as pulling double trips.

I mean why the fuck not? Let's say you live out of your car for two months, right? Shit, you're already 1.6% of the way to retirement. Might as well keep going...

I'm living in a house right now basically rent-free (no not with my parents but a married chick I'm banging... husband left). But believe me, if she ever tells me to get lost, I'm living out of my car. No fucking way am I pissing money away on an apartment.

nah you're showing a willingness to work to get yourself where you want to be. these are just temporary tribulations, and with your attitude I can tell you'll meet them head on ready to work through them for your goals.

Where are you from user? The states, I take it, but where? New England? Florida? If it's somewhere cold... eek.

Here's the problem with OP being a lone hobo. He's not the average person walking down the street that someone would care about if you fucked with him. He's a hobo, he's basically holding a sign up that says, I'm alone, on the fringe of society, and nobody cares about me. He's a target for people just looking to be assholes. Homeless around here have it rough, the gang bangers mess with then because they can get away with it. The other people harass them because they don't want homeless people around. The cops for the most part pretend they don't exist or harass them to get them into a different jurisdiction.

Yeah you're definitely right, living out a car would allow me to save up thousands a month. I think I could do it, would just need a gym membership and a good job and I'd be pretty content. As long as my vehicle is spacious enough

Yeah, I'm going into this with a good mindset, definitely not an " oh this sucks woe Is me, my life is ruined " thought process. I'm ready to grind out some results and get shit done. Work on myself mentally and physically and career wise.

You didn't answer my questions.
Where do you live and who are these "gang bangers" you are referring to?

You sound like a kid who has no idea what the real world is like outside of what you see on tv and movies.

Richmond, Virginia user!! A couple days this week the lows will get down to about 30 degrees. But midday weather is decent, sitting around 50's-60's. Tips to stay warm in my tent ?

I agree with living out of your car. If you don't mind the solitary life, get into CDL school. You'll get hired immediately afterwards. You'll make decent money, and you'll basically be given a small camper. Live in the truck and save your money.

I wanna turn my car into a camper. Its a subcompact sedan. plan to put a mattress in the trunk so when i fold the rear seats down it becomes a bed. I just want to camp in it on vacation time since I want to keep my job.

Look up youtube videos of people living in prius cause they can turn the car on with out the engine staying on and thus they have electricity.
Gym membership for exercise and showers, libraries for internet access and additional charging of electronics.
other than that get typical camping supplies like tent, sleeping bag, portable stove, etc.

I agree with your thoughts but in my advantage I actually do look like your average person walking down the street. I have a few decent shirts and pants and my beard is somewhat tamed, not wildly homeless looking beard, so hopefully that will help me out so no-one messes with me.

Do it, Sup Forumsro

If you have the discipline to live like a fucking monk, and save as much money as you fucking can as quickly as you can for 10 years or so, then you're set for the rest of your life basically. Early retirement. I'd say that it's worth it.

>American

I am so, so sorry.

I actually prefer the solitary life so that's a good idea user. The only main social interaction I need is female companionship, not relationship, but just someone to keep me company and fuck

Hahah, atleast I am more cultured and not as shitty as most of my "compatriots"

thanks user, will do you fucken legend.

Not OP, but my job can pay $100k/yr, full insurance coverage, 401k and pension. I can retire at 55, though so far I plan to stay til 60.

I'm just curious how you ended up in this situation user? Why can't you like move back in to your parents? You look young.

Be smart and stay safe, I wish you good luck.

Yeah it would be worth it. I have that sort of discipline, the only thing is I really like video games, but if I bust my ass and live like a monk the next 10 years or so I can play them the rest of my life after this.

Walking around during the day isn't the problem. Someone stumbling onto your tent is. Being clean looking is important. The camp I told you about that the police actually check in on is clean. The keep the area clean, and the people living there look clean, some even hold employment. Odd jobs or other labor related work. Since they look like they want to be in society and are just having a rough time people leave them alone. They actually get a lot of free stuff, people leave clothes and care packages there all the time.

Then go for over the road trucking. You'll make a lot of money and be able to save it.

Broke my leg in a car accident, lost my job, evicted from my apartment today due to non payment, don't have any savings due to various reasons. Was only making around 2,000$ a month, my rent was 1,100$, college course costs, food, utilities , etc. Parents both dead, don't have any family to move in with. Shitty situation but I'll get out of it

And thanks user I'll try and be safe

Apply for foodstamps asap.

Op here, I have psoriasis of the scalp and some on my body as well so it makes this situation shittier. I don't think the outside weather conditions will be kind to my skin condition. No health insurance to help fix it

Hopefully they will accept my application quickly

>plan to stay til 60

Smart. Stack that cash. I mean, if you like your job or at the very least don't hate it, then why the fuck not?

Most people hate their jobs and they don't realize that if they just cut their expenses, they can retire early. Granted, we're talking about cutting expenses significantly, but it's certainly doable.

Thank you for your answer. You seem like a nice guy, answering everybody with respect.
Post another picture of your bearded face with your paypal and I'll send you 20 bux, it is not a lot, I know, but better than nothing I suppose.

good luck user
>currently living in my truck camper..
>most stress free n peaceful lifestyle...
>except for the fake liberal #metoo snitch bitches who wont leave me da fugg alone...
>if you're in Pacific north west youre welcome to crash with me

my job actually requires you to be at least 55 to retire. But ye. I save as much as possible. I get the cheapest car, still live with my mom atm, but plan to buy a small home.
When I do retire, i want to travel and sleep out of my car. Save on hotels and shit.

It's always been a quick turnaround for me.
Where I'm at I get 200 a month, being a smaller guy that's more than I need to eat comfortably on.

my best advice is get a cheap gym membership so you have a source of water and a warm shower. It'll help you be presentable at job interviews

You're my kind of dude, user. That's kind of what I want to do also. Good stuff

Hey, I'm in Virginia too, so thought I'd say Hi, tentbro. If you're looking for work, there seems to be some places around Virginia Beach that are hiring, mostly restaurant work (the waffle house in particular).

Not sure if that helps, but it's something. VB is a bit pricer than Richmond, but not by that much.