ITT: great albums that are generally disliked

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NGpdu2y5E7A
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Too dark for a Gorillaz album, has some good tracks on it, the last part is way too weird

Fuck you I liked it

humanz is worse

Favourite Gorillaz album. love Revolving doors. Was honestly surprised about how hated it was on the internet. I wanted to see all the praise in the comments on last.fm and didn't expect the hatred I saw

>last part is way too weird
Seriously? Last few tracks (starting from Amarillo) are the best ones. Seattle Yodel is a little strange but not that much anyway

People hated The Fall?

No one hates The Fall, just because its not the most popular and most generally loved album it isn't liked by many,

I find some tracks are pretty filler. But Vordhosbn is easily one of his best right next to Cock/ver10

Amarillo and Revolving Doors are some pretty nice tracks desu

Didn't know it was so hated. It's definitly one of my favorite gorillaz album besides the first one and G Sides. 2Ds singing is great and the instrumentals are creative and give the album a very unique "perfect for a winter night" feel

It's really good, don't get why people hate it so much

Literal trash album

This

"Bobby In Phoenix" is one of my favorite Gorillaz songs, and I think the project overall is pretty great given the circumstances of Damon recording it primarily using an iPad.

this

haha cock

Jesus christ this. There's so much to enjoy

agreed, a few great tracks, the album is fine considering he made it real quick while touring plastic beach

It's not a good album but Bobby in Phoenix is easily in their top 10 best songs

fuck you it's god tier

you can't really hate on the fall, it was made while they were touring and damon was literally just dicking around with an ipad.

Awful how can you defend Starlight, Invincible and most other tracks

Meme-illaz were never good

Yes it's hipster indie-pop trash, but its the best fucking hipster indie-pop trash out their.

It makes me nostalgic for 2011, back when hipsters were the most annoying subculture instead of the far left and the far right.

Starlight is a great pop song, fuck off

On Sup Forums at least

I love reanimation

Like 5 great tracks out of 32 or something. So much 'ironic' filler just to fuck with critics.

This album is trash lyrically and production-wise. I can understand you might like Tyler but come the fuck on.

The king of limbs, by radiohead

Muse has never made a great album.

people hate this?

Seconding this. Pop classic imo.

ranks high on their discography for me

It somehow manages to be even more pretentious than Shaking The Habitual, but I'll be damned if it didn't contain some of the strongest material that The Knife ever recorded.

>Broke
Blood, Sugar, Sex, Magick
>Woke
Californication
>Ascended
One Hot Minute

And I'm not even memeing

This isn't even a guilty pleasure for me. It's legitimately a fantastic album and of the maximum /comfy/ pop Indie years of 2006-2012, it's easily in the top 10 if not the top 5.

Gossamer was also the last truly great pop indie rock album.

a couple of good tracks, but overall shit

this

critics hate it but pretty much everyone else loves it
only real issue is the ordering of the tracks but quality-wise they're all 8, 9s and 10s

This tbqh. I had it on my computer for a long time before listening to it, and was shocked. I really enjoyed it and wondered why I hadn't heard more buzz about it. The Fall is good.

its bad desu
a lot of good tracks but its like he had a month to make up some songs and he dumped them in a folder

isn't this album just a meme?

not generally disliked

I've seen people on Sup Forums describe it as an iPad album before, and not really seen any good reception from it outside of this thread.

It's a nice change of their more heavy work and it features a lot of catchy songs. Free Four is great desu

Actually is an amazing album is just doesn't get the recognition because it was made on an Ipad and has no guest features.

It was sort of different because most of the songs actually had some meanings. Also most of the songs were actually polished.

It's not as consistent as Yoshimi, but it has much better highs and is a genuinely fun album.

FUCK yea

Chocolate Starfish was better.

Their last album worth listening to

There are people out there who DON'T like the early Kings of Leon albums?

They're up there with The Bravery as the epitome of /comfy/-core George W-era indie.

this one suprised me to see here, one of my all-time favourites
i love this one too

flips new music is so bad it makes this look like a masterpiece in retrospect

I don't understand the hate tbqh

The track with Method Man is still good to me.

high key god tier

This is true

Also this

I actually enjoyed their new album
A few of the filler songs were shit but overall it's a fun listen

I used to listen to a lot of LP when I was younger. This is the only one that I still think it's really good.

>10/10

It's kind of like John Carptenter's 'The Thing'. When it first came out, people didn't like it, but over time it grew and more people became aware of it's depth

only people that dislike it are just trendhoppers and only listened to mpp, dismissing the whole band as a meme 6 months later.

not a bad album.

> 2:16( VOULME WARNING )
youtube.com/watch?v=NGpdu2y5E7A

Kills me every time

Don't Stop best track

YO CJ

I'd rate Crack the Skye higher tbqh

Great albums. I've never hear any hate on these, though... more that they're lesser-known.

I didn't like it at the time but you sparked my interest again. Gonna listen to it again right now