I'm a cashier at Wal-Mart

I'm a cashier at Wal-Mart

AMA
I wont answer any person questions, and i wont give away my store number

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/nikol_kagansky/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Why does it take sooo long to check out at Wal-Mart?

why do people resort to such a shitty store to work for?

People don't appreciate things they can get too easily.

instagram.com/nikol_kagansky/

Would you like a bag?

ever gone to work in a skirt with no knickers on?

give you some tips to check out quick

group your items into categories, bread with bread, chips with chips, cold with cold, non-food with non-food, healthcare/beauty with that, that enables us to get you out quick

cans with cans especially

actually not too bad tbh, dont knock it till you try it

we don't charge for bags at my store

Do you give a shit when underage kids come and try to buy alcohol with fake ID's?

they have Walmart in Israel...?

yes, i can lose my job for that, fuck off with it

i denied some guy ammo once because he didnt have his ID, he gave me the "they dont check at any other one"

we are supposed to ID if it asks, and you obviously look under 40

Why do people always ask if I need help if I am actively avoiding eye contact? Also, what is the point of traditional checkout lanes if self checkout is much better for society?

why is there no delivery for the online department on local basis.

>does everything possible to avoid human interaction
well done user

What is the worst way people steal from you?

we have a rule called the 10ft rule

if you're within 10 feet, we are supposed to approach and help

as for self checkouts, fuck if i know, i prefer the self-checkouts, both working at them and checking out

ig some old people are lonely
not my department, sorry, i havent dealt with any online orders or anythin, my best guess is you live in a rural area?

self-checkouts
so fucking easy to steal from self-checkouts

careful tho, the newer ones have cameras built into the monitors

Why are so many people at Walmart incredibly fat?

>the 10ft rule
IS THIS UNIVERSALLY TAUGHT AT ALL WALMARTS?

Yes
I blame Wal-Mart themselves tbh, their Great Value brand is just that

Fucking good prices for comparable products, allowing people to buy more and get fat quicker

doesnt help that the gubmint gives 500 bucks to "poor families" for "food"

It looks like Walmart encourages the really fat shoppers too by making the aisles stupidly wide and giving people free scooters. If you were a fat person who couldn't walk any more because you'd eaten too much of the Great Value brand products, then Walmart might literally be the only place at which you can still shop.

I lost my job at Aldi 6 months ago, I was a shift manager omw to being a general manager and getting my own store within the next few years. (I got hooked on heroin). Should I try to get a management job at Walmart? I doubt it's a matter of possibility, I am very confident in myself.

to go back to this one

even if one kid has an ID, if others in the group dont look over 40, we have to ID them aswell, or deny the sale

so if you're going to try and trick with a fake ID

Do not go in with your friends
we call the huge lanes Action Alleys

They're large so if it's busy (and it often is if your wal-mart isnt a fucking joke) people don't get traffic jammed
i think they drug test for managerial positions but i'm not sure

Should I start with Unity or UE4 for VR dev?

They called them action alleys long before the USA's obesity problem

unity kind of has a bad name for it, but it can be good, i prefer UE4 though

Bump

Why the fuck would you have to ID the other people in a group? The transaction is only between the store and the purchaser of the alcohol. Once the age of the purchaser is determined to be above 21 that should be the end of it. Does that mean a parent can't buy alcohol when they have a young child with them, or what if I am buying beer and my younger sibling is with me? This is just an invasion of privacy. The store should have no legal right to do this.

shameless bump?
was having fun

>we call the huge lanes Action Alleys
Interesting. They're so unnecessarily large. It's as though Walmart is trying to normalize being massively fat. They also make it really slow shopping at Walmart. You can't just go quickly from one side of the store to the other. I feel like Walmart deliberately attracts the worst kinds of people in society -- the most fat, the least educated, the most likely to commit crime, and the ones who care least about their own health.

Why don't you ID people buying Benzedrex?

if we sell alcohol to a group of kids, if one is old enough, or has an ID proving it, the kids drink, could die or get hurt, the guardians can sue walmart

more of a liability tbh

if it's obviously for the parent and the child is there, that's fine, its very specific cases where we do ID for minors like that

fuck if i know, i dont ever remember selling it, more of a corporate decision, and who know tf they're doing up there

capitalism

it hurts me on the inside as a walmart employee to see planetoids in the carts, instead of who they were put there for, the elderly, i see /WAY/ more fatties in the carts than elderly

American Walmart is amazing.
Imagine having money and living in America at the same time.

it's pretty dank, can attest

I promise this dude make more money working at Walmart than you do

How long have you worked at your store(s)? Just been a cashier or have you worked tech, fabrics, cap 1 / 2? (Cap 1 here and it's like okay I guess. The raise makes staying worth it)

i make 11 dollars an hour living in the mid-western united states, i'm pretty comfy tbh

4 months currently, just a cashier, trying to get transferred to be a self-checkout host fulltime or electronics

11.50 here living in the deep south. Every other job starts out at $9

i worked minimum wage ($8.60) for two years at pizza ranch with no talk of a raise

wal-mart is better in literally every way, love it here

LOL Dude walmart is so low, I never even considered it an option. Where I'm at, $16/hr jobs are literally the norm for anyone willing to work a real mans job faggot. I'm no neet like you and your buds.

Every job at my store starts with 11 an hour no matter what. But there has been heavy layoffs and little people being hired because of it though I think.

Whats your full name and store number?

why the fuck cant i load $ onto my bluebird card at any register anymore?

I bet you're real fun at parties. Here's your (you).

So you got a job as a fucking CASHIER at Walmart and had to go online to tell everyone? What, are you living in fucking Nebraska? I know you said Midwest...

FirstName LastName
Store #1

we've been having trouble with amex cards in general lately, sucks because it's not our fault but we get blamed
at least i'm not some sad faggot online

Obviously I can pass a drug test now?
You could still answer the question.
Walmart employee confirmed.

Gimme the inside scoop on the following:

>scam stories

>people dogging/sex

I think I came around a isle corner when some guys were taking pics of a lady with her shirt up. I think I looked up just as she pulled her shirt down.

I see more skinny teenagers using those damn carts at my walmart then fat people or people that need them for disability reasons

where do you plan to progress in your career? you don't seriously plan to be stuck in that dead end job forever do you?

How much do you care about shoplifting?

we recently had a bunch of stickers taken off of $0.50 shot glasses and they're getting put on other merchandise in our store
if you can pass now you're good
I want to do computer repair one day, this was just the best paying job closest to where i moved so i jumped at it
more than you'd expect
shoplifting (we call it shrink) attributes to losses for our bonuses, and it hinders us trying to give rollbacks for items in the store

Do you get treated like sub human garbage by management .

just keep working towards that dream then user, don't stoop so low as to work at fucking Walmart

What's your opinion on the poors?

no, my managers are pretty dank
i'll work wherever pays pretty good and is easy af
like where i am rn
i used to be in their position so i can kinda understand, but when a big native american family comes in (i live in an area heavily populated by these sub-humans) with 400-500 dollars in gubmint gibemedats and spends at least half on snacks and soda, i have no compassion for them

they really need to restrict how much they give out in foodstamps, or limit what you can buy to actual food and stuff

>i'll work wherever pays pretty good and is easy af like where i am rn
I have no sympathy for you

Have you ever asked a customer or coworker out? Has a customer or coworker asked you out?

for being an opportunist?
alright
no, i was getting to know this girl but she stopped coming into work one day and got fired

how do you feel about possibly loosing your job in the near future thanks to automation with the introduction of self checkouts?

>for being an opportunist? alright
for wasted potential and typing like a tumblerina

pretty good considering we will always have manned registers

they would never take out all of their registers like that, that would be suicide, most people fucking hate them for whatever reason

our store just got a huge remodel, taking out half of our registers and putting in a fuckton of new self-checkouts

not a single person was fired
>(you)

It's really funny when people like you get so butthurt and defensive.

I meant other jobs locally, not at Wal-Mart. My bad. I work nights so I get .50 bump

props to the nightcrew

especially cap nightcrews
fuck that srs

Do you guys sell diet rite? And if you do, how much of it sits until dust gathers/vs actually selling

i have never seen this at my store, maybe its a regional thing?

I've been doing it part time for like 4 years. I've been offered promotions, but fuck that. I like my tuesday-friday, three days off. Wife has a awesome job that allows me to work PT. Wal-Mart is not that bad, even here in the South, where we have notoriously bad workers

how much do you get paid per month?

depending on how fucky your schedule is, 500-600
that was with $10 an hour, everyone just got bumped to $11 10 days ago so we'll see this next check

What chain of stores do you work at?

Is it realistic to want to work part time at Wal-Mart, 5 days a week with potential availability of 6 AM to 12 AM? Or do they not bother hiring people who can't have 24/7 availability?

Better for society? Maybe if we could cull the stupid. I've seen enough retarded motherfuckers passing onions in front of the scanner wondering why it's not working, and Ive seen people at home depot with a 30 foot length of gutter swinging the entire thing around wrecking the store trying to get the barcode to the scanner

>I got hooked on heroin
>I am very confident in myself.
You're pretty fucking stupid huh?

Wal-Mart
they're pretty flexible, but you gotta make it absolutely clear you can only work the hours specified
yellow onions PLU is 4903

Not that guy but I make 28 an hour, goes up to 32 in a few months. And I don't have to do some faggot ass we are Walmart chant every shift, so yeah, Walmart is for losers

never once done the walmart cheer

here's your (you)

Do you guys actually care when people steal? Or do all the cameras in the store work?

That's pretty shitty. How many hours are you getting a week?

My job is pretty much the same as yours, but my pay check is around 700-800. The fuck?

>tfw I work at walmart and make 16.20/hr

>more than you'd expect
>shoplifting (we call it shrink) attributes to losses for our bonuses, and it hinders us trying to give rollbacks for items in the store
already answered earlier so copied

Yes, all the cameras in the store work, and they're all high-def, we also have AP in civvies walking around following suspicious people

i dont even know all the AP guys, there's a lot of them

Damn nigga you're making half of what I'm making, and most of my time at work is devoted to looking at my phone or dozing off

What happens when a person fake scans something like a candy bar at the self checkout line and no one notices?

Do you think that the surveillance and security is more for watching the staff or is it more for the shoppers? I've heard that most theft happens through employees.

How much successful stealing do you think happens at your Walmart? Any protips?

oh i know its not much i just thought it was funny how he was saying $16 an hour is only for real mans work

depends if the weight sensor is turned on, if it's on itll nag you to remove it from the bag
it's just the same as regular stealing, you wont get any exorbitantly expensive items shoplifted, we have those alarmed, anything big we check at the door

What kind of shifts do lp work?

all throughout the day

>knickers

What a disqusting name panties

I've been taught it, but i dont do it. most people just want to shop alone so i just simply acknowledge them with a "morning/evening" and a nod. you can tell who are lost like a puppy and need help finding something

shit i didnt even see this
i have a penis and wear khaki pants

i do this aswell, i dont like to bother people, i give men nods and women hellos

>it's just the same as regular stealing, you wont get any exorbitantly expensive items shoplifted, we have those alarmed, anything big we check at the door
What are the most commonly stolen items? I'm going to guess the high-value small stuff, like cosmetics, razors, batteries, SD cards, flash drives, etc.
What do you think the easiest thing to steal in the store might be?

I've spent about 5 years on the Reno team changing over store to the new style. everything is insanely planned out.

all flash media are kept in security boxes, some cosmetics are alarmed but i've been told it's the most stolen from department by a longshot

easiest thing to shoplift is chapstick without a doubt

I kinda miss working at Walmart it was pretty fun especially during the holidays. Too bad the pay is shit but it isn’t hard to move up if you stick around long enough. I used to unload freight. I would go back to work for them but I just can’t deal with lazy fuck employees or rude customers.

well it just got a raise to $11 if you were making less than that

true, many bigguns i see come into my store have their own. even though they look 1000% healthy, we can't kick them off because they might have some bullshit hidden ailment